Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Picking a new team

I have question when is it okay to fire you're team?

At what point are you allowed to switch to a WINNER?

Brief Recap of Vikings loses:

Its painfully obvious that the Vikes are the ultimate choke artists. And I cant figure out why. Is it a hex or curse on minnesota? Is it something metaphysical? 4 Super Bowl loses. Hail Mary pass. Darren Nelsons drop in 87. Gary Anderson's miss in 98. 41-donut in 2000. Last second touchdown to Az in 2003. 12th man in the huddle in 2010. What is it that curses the Vikes? Some kind of Karma pay back. Its happened the entire lifetime of the francise, so I cant blame ownership, or management, or even players.

Maybe a real champion is someone that understand the definition of insanity is repeating the same action expecting different results.

As they say winners never quit, and quitters never win, but maybe winners make adjustment and firing a losing team is the first step in the right direction.

Your thoughts?

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Re:Picking a new team

If you're a Bills fan.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

TNViking is offline Starter

Give it a couple years and you might can pick the Los Angeles Vikings.

C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own

Rockmolder wrote:
    If you're a Bills fan.
    That's some deep stuff.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

scottishviking is offline Waterboy

In my opinion you support a team because of your love for the team, not because they win or lose. For most people their love for the team will stem from their affiliation to the city and for others, such as myself, it will be for a number of other reasons but whatever the reason may be I don't feel you can just jump ship because the team aren't succesful and start following a team that is (there's already enough bandwagon Steelers fans!!) Where is the satisfaction in that? When that team wins knowing you only chose them because you knew they could win. Does that compare to the glory of seeing a team you have stood by through thick and thin finally make it? Maybe it's cause I'm from Scotland so I'm used to my team never winning anything but for me it's never ok to switch, you're with your team for life.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

scottishviking wrote:
    In my opinion you support a team because of your love for the team, not because they win or lose. For most people their love for the team will stem from their affiliation to the city and for others, such as myself, it will be for a number of other reasons but whatever the reason may be I don't feel you can just jump ship because the team aren't succesful and start following a team that is (there's already enough bandwagon Steelers fans!!) Where is the satisfaction in that? When that team wins knowing you only chose them because you knew they could win. Does that compare to the glory of seeing a team you have stood by through thick and thin finally make it? Maybe it's cause I'm from Scotland so I'm used to my team never winning anything but for me it's never ok to switch, you're with your team for life.
    Well said, great post, the last line sums it up perfectly for me. Through thick and thin!

On a side note, there's nothing that says you can't be pissed to the high heavens at your teams players and/or coaching decisions! haha

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

scottishviking wrote:
    +1

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Vikes wrote:
    Your thoughts?
    That this is an asinine thread is my only real thought on the subject. And I'm super pissed, annoyed, depressed, bummed, angry, upset, sad and all that about last night.

But the Vikings are my team. Nothing about last night or 2001 or 1998 or 1987 or on and on and on is going to change that.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

First: if you jump from team to team even once, that's the true definition of a front runner. Multiple times and you're even worse. If you are considering cheering for another team, don't ask, do it. Just don't expect people to welcome you back, when your current team stinks it up, and your former team has success.

Second, regardless of where you're from if you're a fan then you're a fan. Most of us have legitimate reasons for cheering for a team, if you are at all on the fence, i don't consider you a fan of either team. Hopefully you don't get splinters in your ass from riding said fence.

Third: Guess how many giants fans became jets fans(for example) at least temp. because of their success. Now they'll go back to hating them, like they would probably say they did all along.

I could easily be a dolphins fan. Two reasons: 1. Born in FLA. 2. Born just before the 1972 Dolphins went undefeated and won the super bowl.

However, i am a minnesotan, and was born there while my father was serving in the navy, in milton fla.

Good Luck, see you later.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Zeus wrote:
    Vikes wrote:
    Your thoughts?
    That this is an asinine thread is my only real thought on the subject. And I'm super pissed, annoyed, depressed, bummed, angry, upset, sad and all that about last night.

But the Vikings are my team. Nothing about last night or 2001 or 1998 or 1987 or on and on and on is going to change that.

=Z=
    +1

If you are thinking about switching teams, I would question what kind of fan you were in the first place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast