Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    ballhog27 is offline Rookie

Re: Pick up Nate Clements (Bills), Dump Smoot !!!

We can't keep doing this crap guys. Every time we don't like someone we just push him out and than we will have another Denard Walker thing on our hands. Let Smoot play and if it doesn't work out we can always more him to Safety and let the future (Griffith) play corner. I mean we can keep sacking people left and right and run up cap penalties when next year we need to sign a good lineman or wideout in Free Agency. :-[
    "Show me a good and gracious loser and I'll show you a failure."
    - Knute Rockne

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"tb04512" wrote:
    we probably wont get clements... buttt there is a possibility i mean smoot and childress havent exactly been buddy buddy, remember the game childress held smoot out on the first drive because of a "helmet" issue... later learned to be a confrentation with him and the coach, maybe shipping him out with a 5th or th rounder and bring clements in, i like smoot but he is not productive and id much rather have a guy with the same coverage ability but can hit a guy and take him down

There's a rational man !!!!

;D

Seriously though, I just felt like the site was missing some of the content that I was used too and what made this place so great to me.

I still think Smoooooooooooooot needs to go.
    Is Clements the answer, I think he might be, definately worth looking into.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"ballhog27" wrote:
    We can't keep doing this crap guys. Every time we don't like someone we just push him out and than we will have another Denard Walker thing on our hands. Let Smoot play and if it doesn't work out we can always more him to Safety and let the future (Griffith) play corner. I mean we can keep sacking people left and right and run up cap penalties when next year we need to sign a good lineman or wideout in Free Agency. :-[

Why cant we do it? why not always try to improve your team? why stick with a guy not producing when you have a chance to grab a player that is better??
    Also smoot tosafety? no way safety's are the last line of defense anddd i really wouldnt trust smoot to make an open field tackle, besides we have tank williams dwight smith darren sharper and greg blue whose looking to be better then a 5th rounder.. smoot either steps it up or leaves!!!!! to many 3rd down conversions thrown to his side to be completed and have teams march right down the field...

AND if this were madden id trade smoot and chester, and a 4th round pick... for clements and mcgahee!! but its not, so i will have to continue to dream :

Thanks josdin00

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

My personal opinion is if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Smoot may not be the best tackler we want him to be, but our defense is playing a great game right now & has shown they can hold their own.

The chemistry is clicking on the defensive side of the ball & to interject a new face, someone who hasn't ever worn a Vikings uniform before, may screw up that chemistry. To bring a fresh guy in here as a starter to learn the defensive scheme Tomlins way & say goodbye to another, will more than likely disrupt the good thing we've got going now.

If it wasn't for the defense we have now, we could easily be 0-5.

It's not as simple as some think, to bring a star player in here, either on offense or defense, or a player from the bench for that matter & expect immediate advantageous results.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

grpape is offline Asst. Coach

Everyone keeps bringing up Smoot vs. Smith last year. Smith burned the Ravens secondary pretty good this past week. They do have some good DBs (I pretty sure a lot of you will agree better than Smoot). Maybe it was the scheme, or maybe Smith is that good. I'm with Singersp, if it ain't broke don't fix it. We'll address it this off season.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234