Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Pick 6 on Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1105182
    Vikings greet Tarvaris Jackson with a pick six

The ball bounced off the hands of receiver Golden Tate, but the pass looked to be thrown behind Tate, forcing him to stop and reach back for it. (Tate still should have caught it.)
    High and late over the middle is trouble
    It didn't look high or late. It should have been an easy catch.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011082055/2011/PRE2/vikings@seahawks#tab:watch

After clicking the link, click "Can't-Miss Play: Sherels' 64-yard pickoff return"

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1105183
    I don't know how in the he'll he is going to keep the starting job at this point. The Hawks may not say it, but it has become a competition. He has looked terrible twice while Whitehurst looked pretty good both times.

He might make it to the first game of the season because Carroll named him starter and might give him that much. But I doubt they wait long to yank him in the regular season.
    Whitehurst has played against 2nd, 3rd teams. Put him against starters, with starters & see how he does.

One things for sure, as mediocre as our OL is, I would never swap ours for Seattles.

Regardless of who starts there, they are going to take a pounding.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1105203

The ball bounced off the hands of receiver Golden Tate, but the pass looked to be thrown behind Tate, forcing him to stop and reach back for it. (Tate still should have caught it.)

After clicking the link, click "Can't-Miss Play: Sherels' 64-yard pickoff return"
    Uh did you watch it? He was running to the left, pivoted and tarvaris threw it behind him. Shoulda been a catch be it wasn't a good throw at all.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

In all honesty until that play I was actually grading TJ's performance higher than that of McChunky. Not that it was outstanding but he did move around pretty good and did make a few plays. But once he threw the pick he reverted back to the guarded TJ that was indecisive and ineffective.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1105206
    In all honesty until that play I was actually grading TJ's performance higher than that of McChunky. Not that it was outstanding but he did move around pretty good and did make a few plays. But once he threw the pick he reverted back to the guarded TJ that was indecisive and ineffective.
    Uhhhh what game were you watching. Tjack threw a couple of screens and short passes which you'd expect anyone in the nfl to make. Mcnabb threw some great throws downfield (maybe just 1 to jenkins) and moved the ball well. His pass to Rudolph was low but was still caught. Jackson had awful deep ball accuracy. Couple jump passes from tarvaris and a poor throw on the pick 6 and you have a bad game. A tjack game.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1105205

Uh did you watch it? He was running to the left, pivoted and tarvaris threw it behind him. Shoulda been a catch be it wasn't a good throw at all.
    You don't know if he was supposed to turn & catch it or not. Your just assuming he wasn't. He turned around & the ball was there. He wasn't reaching way to his right to catch it. What is clearly evident is that the ball was not high. It was at shoulder height. Still find it funny how some people claim a ball that hits the outstretched hands of a WR and is tipped for a pick is the fault of the WR, yet this is the fault of the QB.

If Favre threw that ball, we all know who'd be blamed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1105220
    You don't know if he was supposed to turn & catch it or not. Your just assuming he wasn't. He turned around & the ball was there. He wasn't reaching way to his right to catch it.
    Nope. He was reaching way to his left to catch it. I don't know what he was "supposed" to do, but that wasn't a good throw. We can't bring in WR routes and what assignments were missed or whatever because it's all conjecture. What we can see is that the WR was turned around and had to extend behind him, to the left, and while he should have caught it, it wasn't a good throw. Whether that's the fault of the QB or WR or a combination of the both of them, I guess we all have an opinion. Mine is the combination.

What is clearly evident is that the ball was not high. It was at shoulder height. Still find it funny how some people claim a ball that hits the outstretched hands of a WR and is tipped for a pick is the fault of the WR, yet this is the fault of the QB.
    I never said it was high. And I said it was the fault of both.

I can't speak for everyone else, but for the most part, Favre supporters on here seem a little more reasonable than tjoke supporters. If Favre threw it I would be saying the same thing. but someone on here would be saying "The noodle can't even throw it on target. How the hell is Berrian supposed to catch a ball that's behind him?

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1105230
    You don't know if he was supposed to turn & catch it or not. Your just assuming he wasn't. He turned around & the ball was there. He wasn't reaching way to his right to catch it.
    Nope. He was reaching way to his left to catch it. I don't know what he was "supposed" to do, but that wasn't a good throw. We can't bring in WR routes and what assignments were missed or whatever because it's all conjecture. What we can see is that the WR was turned around and had to extend behind him, to the left, and while he should have caught it, it wasn't a good throw. Whether that's the fault of the QB or WR or a combination of the both of them, I guess we all have an opinion. Mine is the combination.

What is clearly evident is that the ball was not high. It was at shoulder height. Still find it funny how some people claim a ball that hits the outstretched hands of a WR and is tipped for a pick is the fault of the WR, yet this is the fault of the QB.
    I never said it was high. And I said it was the fault of both.

I can't speak for everyone else, but for the most part, Favre supporters on here seem a little more reasonable than tjoke supporters. If Favre threw it I would be saying the same thing. but someone on here would be saying "The noodle can't even throw it on target. How the hell is Berrian supposed to catch a ball that's behind him?
    One only needs to revist the tipped balls by Harvin & others which went for picks. Harvin & those receivers, not Favre were chastised for them.

In 2009 Favre could do no wrong. In 2010 Favre supports were more reasonable only after it was quite evident how bad he was playing.

No matter how you slice it, that ball was still an easy catch & should have been caught. Even the announcer said it.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

On the downside for Jackson, fans chanting Charlie may not make him feel welcome in Seattle anymore :P
    I LOVED hearing that! I was laughing so loud.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1105205

You don't know if he was supposed to turn & catch it or not. Your just assuming he wasn't. He turned around & the ball was there. He wasn't reaching way to his right to catch it. What is clearly evident is that the ball was not high. It was at shoulder height. Still find it funny how some people claim a ball that hits the outstretched hands of a WR and is tipped for a pick is the fault of the WR, yet this is the fault of the QB.

Are you serious?! That was clearly a button hook type route. The WR was set. T-JOKE threw a terrible pass. Could the WR caught it? Maybe. A pass like that should be in the numbers. PERIOD. The WR should not have to stretch especially since a route like that is in high traffic area. Come on man!

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast