Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Philly may Postpone Game Due to Snow Emergency

Quote Originally Posted by "Texas Viking" #1085699
    I hate the term global warming, but there is an undeniable climate change that has been occurring the last twenty years and it seems to be accelerating. You can debate how much of that, if any, is due to humanís influence but it should be interesting if the north continues to experience more severe storms, game rescheduling may not be uncommon in the years to come. We may only see domed arenas in the northern states soon.
    I don't think that has anything to do with it. Even if you believe Al Gore temps are only expected to rise by one degree over the next 100 years.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Storm is in full force here now, in CT. Trust me, they don't want to play a game in this...Storm is coming up from PA area also, so I can see what they are dealing with also. Hell, no one should even be trying to drive in this crap...
    Then again, Jeff (CTVikingJJ) and I, drove thru a storm, worse than this, a couple years back, just to get to the Dome..heheheheheh and that was at night in Singers neck of the woods...Scary, very Scary...But we made it..hehehehe

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

VikingLance is offline Starter

I seem to have to drive in the worst possible weather to get to the one or two Vikes games a year that I see at the dome. The pukers game this year was a nail biter driving down 94. I didn't see anyone postponing that game.
    Does that mean that the Vikings FO cares less about their fans than the Eagles FO? While I'd like to believe that the NFL cares so deeply about their fans, I think revenue trumps that.

(edit)
    I'm just pissed that there is no game tonight. I've been looking forward to seeing this one with a buddy of mine. Getting cabin fever. Now I need another excuse to get out of the house.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1085695
    Quote Originally Posted by "Reignman" #1085694
    Are you frigging kidding me? I just heard that on FOX, and thought Glazer was joking. An outdoor NFL game postponed because of the weather? It's official, the Vikings are jinxed this year. Of all the crap the Vikings have been through this year, I think this is probably the most ridiculous. Let me guess, the league is worried about how the snow will affect their precious little Vick?
    actually its a conspiracy to give brett two more days to pass his concussion test
    bingo
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion

This is the first Tuesday night game since October 1946.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

I hate the term global warming, but there is an undeniable climate change that has been occurring the last twenty years and it seems to be accelerating. You can debate how much of that, if any, is due to humanís influence but it should be interesting if the north continues to experience more severe storms, game rescheduling may not be uncommon in the years to come. We may only see domed arenas in the northern states soon.
    You're undoubtedly correct.

The weather has been getting more extreme all over the world and it seems to be getting worse. The polar ice caps are diminishing at a rate never seen before and that's going to have a huge impact on weather.

The northern teams need domes now and will need them worse in the future.....and forget the sliding roof, it's tough enough keeping the solid roofs from leaking or collapsing.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Tom Brady's last 10 games: 24 TD passes, zero INTs.

hmy:
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1085714
    You're undoubtedly correct.

The weather has been getting more extreme all over the world and it seems to be getting worse. The polar ice caps are diminishing at a rate never seen before and that's going to have a huge impact on weather.

The northern teams need domes now and will need them worse in the future.....and forget the sliding roof, it's tough enough keeping the solid roofs from leaking or collapsing.
    JMHO

It isn't about the game being played, it is about keeping the fans at home and not trying to drive to and from the stadium in piss poor conditions. Roof is not a must if it is bad weather. Worst it could be is a shovel out situation at the stadium, somehow Buffalo shovels out their stadium a few times a year.

This Philly postponing, however inconvenient, is about safety and revenue!

As far as the global warming, I believe it. I also can see where some would choose to not to believe it.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

This season can't end fast enough.

I just want to bury myself in a hole and lick my wounds.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Shiancoe 'baffled' by game decision

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/112482084.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc :aUz33Dii_9PmP:Qi_vckD8EQD_1cuU

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast