Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Philly game..........

"DaScRuM" wrote:
    Moss will be a non-factor (he hasn't been healthy since 1st half of NO game).
    No way Moss is a non-factor. This is a guy that teams have to orchestrate their defenses around. Usally, defenses play a saftey deep just to stop Moss (not saying it works, lol). That helps open up our running game. As long as Moss is in there, the Eagles are going to have to play a saftey deep. They won't be able to single cover him, purley because he's Randy Moss. Just look what happened when the Packers tried to have Al Harris single cover him when Moss' ankle was hurting in the last game. Moss burned him for a TD. In light of that, Moss will be garnering a double team most of the game and have the Eagles playing a saftey deep, so Moss will be a big factor.

"DaScRuM" wrote:
    Marcus Robinson (who?) will HAVE to have a near career day to give the Vikings a chance.
    We don't need Robinson to step up. You seem to completly forget that we have a guy named Nate Burleson on our team. He's a good WR, and will do fine for us. Robinson won't matter too much on Sunday.

"DaScRuM" wrote:
    Vikings will have to rush for at least 150 yards.
    Why? I disagree with you completly. Yes, we need an established run, but I think the coaches should attack this game by trying to get up early, for two reasons. One-It helps our psyche when we get up early. Our team plays considerably better when we get up early. Two-Getting up early will force the Eagles to pass. With TO out, and with how our D-Line has been playing, the Eagles will have problems with that. We're gonna get some pressure on McNabb, and he's gonna have to throw some balls up to the likes of Todd Pinkston and Freddie Mitchell. Needless to say, those guys don't even compare to TO. The only viable recieving threats on the Eagles team are LJ Smith and Brian Westbrook. I don't think Westbrook is that good of a runner (I've followed him throughout the season because I had him on all my fantasy teams), but he is a good reciever out of the backfield, probably the best in the league. As long as we shut down Westbrook's reciving game, I think we'll win this one.

"DaScRuM" wrote:
    If the Vikings get to the "red zone", they will have to come away with touchdowns, not field goals.
    I agree, especially with Mort at kicker. Mort won't be able to boot anything outside 40 yards because of it being an outdoor game, so we'll need the TD's. We will also need to cut down on penalties in the red zone, which killed us last time we played Philly.

"DaScRuM" wrote:
    I am as big a Viking fan as there is, but, I just don't feel as good about this one as I did last week. I don't think we will have to worry about Moss shakin' anything!
    I feel a hell of alot better than last week...I thought the Pack would eat us alive last week. But, I think our team will play well on Sunday and come home with a victory.

"DaScRuM" wrote:
    Philly's physical defense too much for the Vikes
    No way. When we played them in the regular season, our offense pretty much drove at will on them. The only reason we didn't score alot was because we shot ourselves in the foot with penalties every time we reached the red zone. The Eagles D did not prevent us from scoring, it was our mistakes that did. We'll need to cut down on those significantly to win.

"DaScRuM" wrote:
    Eagles-30
    Vikings-13
    Vikes 31, Eagles 24

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

McViking is offline Rookie

Philly game..........

"Salzy" wrote:
    You all forgot to mention one man, you forgot about him and so will the Eagles until he has two TDs and 150 yards on Sunday. Nate Burleson. Nate managed to grab 68 passes for 1006 yards and 9 TDs this year and he will come to play on Sunday. :rr: NATE DOGG and RANDY MOSS came to regulate.
    Well said. Marcus Robinson doesn't NEED to have a massive day (although it would be nice) with Nate in the lineup!!!

Philly game..........

"RK" wrote:
    The Eagles playing without TO are like the Vikings playing without Randy Moss. An average offense. We are going to run the ball down their throats. The Eagles are only 24th against the run on defense and we have great running backs. If Pep can beat the blitz we win this game.
    You can run the ball up and down the field on the Eagles. The part that won't happen is getting the ball in the endzone.

That's a great stat regarding the Eagles run defense. What's their ranking against points allowed?
    [img:9f47cea82f]http://www.deeprelease.com/PEMB/datl/vikes.gif[/img:9f47cea82f]

McViking is offline Rookie

Philly game..........

Tied for 2nd, I did not know that. Only 16 Rec TD, 13 Run. That doesn't match up well for us

Philly game..........

In week 2, Daunte walked untouched for a TD against the Eagles, then was about 1 inch short of another rushing TD before he was stripped of the ball.

Expect Daunte to do a whole lot of running tomorrow. Eagles will do a nice job of containing our offense, only to see Daunte take off and run, opening up the Eagles defense nicely. Also expect our offense to test your secondary often. I do not believe your guys can handle our big recievers without getting pass interference.

I do believe the Eagles have a good red zone defense, bue against what teams? The Cowboys? The Giants? The Redskins? Pittsburgh had no problem putting up 27 against the Eagles, and the Vikings had over 400 yards total offense... pretty much the only two teams worth anything on their schedule.

It will be a whole different story in the playoffs without TO to make some big catches for your offense to stay on the field. We have already played you once and know what it is going to take this time around to get the ball in the end zone.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Philly game..........

"DaScRuM" wrote:
    Some notes:

Moss will be a non-factor (he hasn't been healthy since 1st half of NO game).

Marcus Robinson (who?) will HAVE to have a near career day to give the Vikings a chance.

Vikings will have to rush for at least 150 yards.

Adjust passing routes to the blitz (something I think they have had some trouble doing in the past).

If the Vikings get to the "red zone", they will have to come away with touchdowns, not field goals.

I am as big a Viking fan as there is, but, I just don't feel as good about this one as I did last week. I don't think we will have to worry about Moss shakin' anything!

Philly's physical defense too much for the Vikes:

Eagles-30
    Vikings-13
    [size=7px][/size]

I read this all I see is blah blah blah
    glad to see such optomism :roll:
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Philly game..........

"Drinkin' At The Lincoln" wrote:
    "RK" wrote:
    The Eagles playing without TO are like the Vikings playing without Randy Moss. An average offense. We are going to run the ball down their throats. The Eagles are only 24th against the run on defense and we have great running backs. If Pep can beat the blitz we win this game.
    You can run the ball up and down the field on the Eagles. The part that won't happen is getting the ball in the endzone.

That's a great stat regarding the Eagles run defense. What's their ranking against points allowed?
    I am glad to see you admit that we will be running the ball up and down your backside all day long. The difference is we will be putting it in the end zone unlike the weaker teams in the NFC that gave you your pts allowed stat. If your team can't stop us from running you are in big trouble, because the run will put a damper on your blitz and open up the passing game to Randy and Nate. :P

WWBGD

GrizzledVeteran is offline Waterboy

Philly game..........

I think Kearse is going to be all over Duante. He'll be following him back to the bench and even the locker room. Also, the Eagles have Hollis Thomas back, one of their best run-stoppers.

I'm watching the Falcons dismantle the Rams tonight, and I have a feeling the same thing happens to the Vikes tomorrow. They're an 8-8 team. That's it.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Philly game..........

"GrizzledVeteran" wrote:
    I think Kearse is going to be all over Duante. He'll be following him back to the bench and even the locker room. Also, the Eagles have Hollis Thomas back, one of their best run-stoppers.

I'm watching the Falcons dismantle the Rams tonight, and I have a feeling the same thing happens to the Vikes tomorrow. They're an 8-8 team. That's it.
    Keep thinking that way...I hope that EVERY one of the Iggles players and coaches thinks that they will have an easy time of it tomorrow...I can just imagine the looks on their faces at the end of the game...when they look up at the scoreboard and see that the Vikings have beaten them...and someone cranks up PAvikefan's new song, IGGLES DUH?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12