Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Philip Buchanan wants to be traded, why not get him?

"Mossville" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "parsongeorge" wrote:
    "dan3ski" wrote:
    Did anyone notice what Bennett brough to the table last week? He was fast, he did a good job blocking and he was physical what more can you ask of the man? Did you realise that O Smith was deactivated for the game? I must wonder if he failed a drug test! Has anyone noticed that all three of the Viking RB's missed games this year? I say nay to trading Bennet as it does appear he is a good player. As for Hovan his contract is up this year so who would trade for him?
    I couldn't agree with you more..I don't know why all the talk is going around about getting rid of bennet.

Um, onterrio had the flu last week. Don't think that is the same as bennett being injured 2 straight years. Bennett showed last week, what every viking Rb, that has started for us, has shown. We can run the ball well, with bennett, onterrio, moe, or mewelde moore. Why then should we keep bennett?? Too many people just want us to keep him because he is fast. He is fast, but that doesn't make him a better RB than onterrio or mewelde. All 3 of those guys are very capable starting RB's in the NFL, so we should trade one of them, to improve our horrible secondary.

Our secondary sucks, why keep a bunch of good RB's, that would get decent trade value, sitting on the bench, when we need D help?

Also, both bennett and onterrio will have one year left on their contracts next offseason, so we know if they both stay next year, that one will leave at the end of next year, meaning we would get nothing in return for them. You can't just let good players leave via FA, when you can get some good trade value for them, and you are extremely deep at that position. That is not good NFL business.

We have shown the same ability that denver has shown. We can find Rb's anywhere and they will have success in our system, so let bennett go and get a draft pick or secondary help in return. We could just use another 3rd, 4th or 5th round pick to find a decent #3 or #4 RB for our team, behind onterrio, mewelde, and maybe moe.

One thing bennett's good game last week does, is it improves his offseason trade value.
    Why keep Onterio? SO he can fail another drug test and leave the backfield in trouble. Moe is not getting any younger and Mewelde had a few good games....he hasnt put together a full season like Bennett did a couple years back. Say you trade one of the backs, then next year the other wants to explore FA. NOw you've lost both. Chances are if you have 2 RBs that will be FA, one of them will be sticking around. And to those that think Bennett is just an injury waiting to happen, then what do you ahve to say about Moore? Bennett made it through a couple years without getting hurt, moore lasted a couple games

Sorry I thought it was obvious that if we traded bennett we would then give onterrio a new contract, so we wouldn't loose them both at the end of next year. It obviously makes no sense to trade one and not give the other a new contract, because like you said we could loose them both.

There is a risk with both bennett and onterrio. Injuries with bennett and drugs with onterrio. Since there is a risk with both, I look at the most productive of the 2, and you can go to VU and read which RB is most productive. Also you will see what are record is when bennett plays and when he doesn't. There are too many things pointing to trading bennett and just one thing, drugs, that points to trading Onterrio.

Personally I would trade bennett, but we absolutely need to trade one of the 2. I wouldn't go apesh*t if we traded onterrio instead. We need to get something in return for one of them, or we are gonna loose one of them after next season, and get nothing. Moe is old but he is still a good #3 RB, and mewelde proved more this year, than onterrio did for us last year, so I believe he is very capable as a #2 RB. The question should then be, who is our #1 RB? Whoever he is, we need to give him a big contract and trade the other. Maybe the best way to decide who, is to listen to trade offers for both guys and if some team blows you away with an offer for one of them, then trade him. Just IMO, I would get rid of bennett.

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

MM should get the start. He got 2 100 yard games in 3 start. Keep Moe for goal line and short yardage situations. We should keep Onterrio for the kick returns.

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

Oh and trade bennett

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

"givemossthetoss" wrote:
    Bennett and Hovan for Buchanon and a 2nd round draft pick or something. I like the idea of Bennett for Woodson. It would be like the Portis/Bailey deal.
    Hovan is a free agent. And I don't think with Bennetts recent injuries that a second round pick would have to in there.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

Vikings Fan At MSU is offline Training Camp

givemossthetoss wrote:
    Bennett and Hovan for Buchanon and a 2nd round draft pick or something. I like the idea of Bennett for Woodson. It would be like the Portis/Bailey deal.

The broncos also got a second round pick if you guys dont remember with Bailey
    Make Derrick Johnson the 7th pick in the 2005 NFL Draft

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    Well, actually Moss did say that he would never win a SB in MN... guess I would take that as a trade request... unless of course, like on Friday, he just doesnt care...

lol

Im messing with ya anyway. No one would want moss...
    You must be the most single minded - and simple minded - poster on these forums. Even Bono doesn't come here day after day to slam his own face into a wall.

The comment you reference happened FOUR YEARS AGO. After losing the NFC championship game in a blow-out to New York, Randy made a comment in anger. A few months later, he signed a HUGE deal that almost guaranteed that he would play out his CAREER in Minnesota.

You, however, treat it like it was yesterdays news...

As for no one wanting him...I am not suprised you believe this...after all, you think Jovan Walker is the premier receiver in the NFL :lol:

Caine

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

All I have to say is Free Agency and the DRAFT!!! Forget trades....we have talent...and our secondary is not more of a problem than is the linebackers being in coverage...So no I don't want to trade for a corner unless it's someone premier like a Champ Bailey or Samari Rolle or someone like that!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234