Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Philip Buchanan wants to be traded, why not get him?

"parsongeorge" wrote:
    "dan3ski" wrote:
    Did anyone notice what Bennett brough to the table last week? He was fast, he did a good job blocking and he was physical what more can you ask of the man? Did you realise that O Smith was deactivated for the game? I must wonder if he failed a drug test! Has anyone noticed that all three of the Viking RB's missed games this year? I say nay to trading Bennet as it does appear he is a good player. As for Hovan his contract is up this year so who would trade for him?
    I couldn't agree with you more..I don't know why all the talk is going around about getting rid of bennet.

Um, onterrio had the flu last week. Don't think that is the same as bennett being injured 2 straight years. Bennett showed last week, what every viking Rb, that has started for us, has shown. We can run the ball well, with bennett, onterrio, moe, or mewelde moore. Why then should we keep bennett?? Too many people just want us to keep him because he is fast. He is fast, but that doesn't make him a better RB than onterrio or mewelde. All 3 of those guys are very capable starting RB's in the NFL, so we should trade one of them, to improve our horrible secondary.

Our secondary sucks, why keep a bunch of good RB's, that would get decent trade value, sitting on the bench, when we need D help?

Also, both bennett and onterrio will have one year left on their contracts next offseason, so we know if they both stay next year, that one will leave at the end of next year, meaning we would get nothing in return for them. You can't just let good players leave via FA, when you can get some good trade value for them, and you are extremely deep at that position. That is not good NFL business.

We have shown the same ability that denver has shown. We can find Rb's anywhere and they will have success in our system, so let bennett go and get a draft pick or secondary help in return. We could just use another 3rd, 4th or 5th round pick to find a decent #3 or #4 RB for our team, behind onterrio, mewelde, and maybe moe.

One thing bennett's good game last week does, is it improves his offseason trade value.

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

"dan3ski" wrote:
    Did anyone notice what Bennett brough to the table last week? He was fast, he did a good job blocking and he was physical what more can you ask of the man? Did you realise that O Smith was deactivated for the game? I must wonder if he failed a drug test! Has anyone noticed that all three of the Viking RB's missed games this year? I say nay to trading Bennet as it does appear he is a good player. As for Hovan his contract is up this year so who would trade for him?
    thank you 3ski I have been sayin that behind a HEALTHY line there is no reason we couldn't have the #1 run game in the NFL. Eat up the clock that way we would not have to really worry about the other team's O-Coord......Ted Cotrell :blackeye:
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I'm impressed that Bennett managed to show an ounce of the toughness Mewelde has given us all year, in only one game mind you. He's good an useful to keep on board, but if we can improve ourselves, why shouldn't we?

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Buchanon is a problem child and gets torched all the time.

Note his 2003 Stat line:

42 40.0 2 0 6 176 29.3 83 2 4

42 tackles, 6 picks, 2 touchdowns - but only 4 passes defensed. That means he only got his hands on 10 balls all season. So he either made a big play, or a big play was made on him.

Smoot or Draft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Note his 2003 Stat line:

42 tackles, 6 picks, 2 touchdowns - but only 4 passes defensed. That means he only got his hands on 10 balls all season. So he either made a big play, or a big play was made on him.

Smoot or Draft.
    Just curious...what was Winfield's stat line for 2003 by comparison?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Note his 2003 Stat line:

Smoot or Draft.
    Just curious...what was Winfield's stat line for 2003 by comparison?
    107 92.0 15 1 1 11 11.0 11 0 11

And no one throws at him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Mossville is offline Starter

"dan3ski" wrote:
    Finally someone with some sense. I'd still try and move Onterio and maybe a pick to get buchanon. Maybe straight up or at least we could throw in a 6 or something. Raiders are pretty weak at RB so they might go for something like that ....however, like I have mentioned in previous posts, RBs will not command to much value this offseason because so many are going to be FAs B Williams at safety sounds like a decent idea, he sure cant cover anybody in the secondary. Russell needs to go, he is just awful out there.

Mossville is offline Starter

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "parsongeorge" wrote:
    "dan3ski" wrote:
    I couldn't agree with you more..I don't know why all the talk is going around about getting rid of bennet.

Um, onterrio had the flu last week. Don't think that is the same as bennett being injured 2 straight years. Bennett showed last week, what every viking Rb, that has started for us, has shown. We can run the ball well, with bennett, onterrio, moe, or mewelde moore. Why then should we keep bennett?? Too many people just want us to keep him because he is fast. He is fast, but that doesn't make him a better RB than onterrio or mewelde. All 3 of those guys are very capable starting RB's in the NFL, so we should trade one of them, to improve our horrible secondary.

Our secondary sucks, why keep a bunch of good RB's, that would get decent trade value, sitting on the bench, when we need D help?

Also, both bennett and onterrio will have one year left on their contracts next offseason, so we know if they both stay next year, that one will leave at the end of next year, meaning we would get nothing in return for them. You can't just let good players leave via FA, when you can get some good trade value for them, and you are extremely deep at that position. That is not good NFL business.

We have shown the same ability that denver has shown. We can find Rb's anywhere and they will have success in our system, so let bennett go and get a draft pick or secondary help in return. We could just use another 3rd, 4th or 5th round pick to find a decent #3 or #4 RB for our team, behind onterrio, mewelde, and maybe moe.

One thing bennett's good game last week does, is it improves his offseason trade value.
    Why keep Onterio? SO he can fail another drug test and leave the backfield in trouble. Moe is not getting any younger and Mewelde had a few good games....he hasnt put together a full season like Bennett did a couple years back. Say you trade one of the backs, then next year the other wants to explore FA. NOw you've lost both. Chances are if you have 2 RBs that will be FA, one of them will be sticking around. And to those that think Bennett is just an injury waiting to happen, then what do you ahve to say about Moore? Bennett made it through a couple years without getting hurt, moore lasted a couple games

Vikings Fan At MSU is offline Training Camp

Buchanon is a good CB it always takes a few years for DB's to develope look at Smoot and Bailey.....It might be a good move but i think draft picks.
    Make Derrick Johnson the 7th pick in the 2005 NFL Draft

Vikings Fan At MSU is offline Training Camp

The other RB's need more playing time to prove that they are good..........We keep saying that Bennett is are starting RB thats why we never see anyone else do well if we just have one starter and not be Bennett everyone would see that we have good running backs besides bennett.
    Make Derrick Johnson the 7th pick in the 2005 NFL Draft

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast