Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Philip Buchanan wants to be traded, why not get him?

News briefs: Buchanon wants out of Oakland
    Dec. 29, 2004
    SportsLine.com wire reports

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Cornerback Phillip Buchanon is so frustrated with the way the Oakland Raiders are operating that he wants to be traded.

Buchanon, the Raiders' first-round draft pick in 2002 out of Miami, said he spoke with team personnel chief Michael Lombardi to express his desire to go elsewhere.

"The way I am feeling about the Raiders, I am not happy," Buchanon said Wednesday. "I am just not happy with the organization right now. I am looking forward to a possible trade with somebody else."

Oakland (5-10) ends another disappointing season at home Sunday against Jacksonville.

If Buchanon leaves, there's a possibility the Raiders will lose both starting cornerbacks this offseason. Four-time Pro Bowler Charles Woodson, making nearly $9 million this season as Oakland's franchise player, could earn as much as $10.5 million next season if the Raiders kept the franchise tag on him -- an expensive move that seems unlikely, especially after his arrest last week for public intoxication.

Woodson has said for months he wants to be the highest paid cornerback in the league. Buchanon has 59 tackles, three interceptions, nine pass deflections and a fumble recovery this season, but has been consistently poor returning punts.

Why not trade Bennett or Smith or a draft pick for him, move Williams to safety and let Philip start at left cornerback, he would be a good addition to our defense. Thoughts?
    0fc1de3e4ff7ffe42e40bba70cebd90c

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

I like this idea too. I wonder what it would take to get him? At least he doesn't sound like quite the head case that Woodson is.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

Bennett and Hovan for Buchanon and a 2nd round draft pick or something. I like the idea of Bennett for Woodson. It would be like the Portis/Bailey deal.

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

sorry to burst your bubble... but Red is still your owner and Tice is still your coach...

but its is fun to talk about stuff like this!
    3 Straight Division Champs

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    sorry to burst your bubble... but Red is still your owner and Tice is still your coach...

but its is fun to talk about stuff like this!
    True man but we got Winfield did we? No reason to get Buchanon either!

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

I'd prefer Philip over Woodson. No way do the Raiders go for a Woodson/Bennett straight up trade. Bennett is no where near the level of player that Buchanan is, let alone Woodson.

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

I'll double check the figures, but I believe Red has to spend 14 million min in the off season.

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Did anyone notice what Bennett brough to the table last week? He was fast, he did a good job blocking and he was physical what more can you ask of the man? Did you realise that O Smith was deactivated for the game? I must wonder if he failed a drug test! Has anyone noticed that all three of the Viking RB's missed games this year? I say nay to trading Bennet as it does appear he is a good player. As for Hovan his contract is up this year so who would trade for him?
    can we clone Bud Grant?

"dan3ski" wrote:
    Did anyone notice what Bennett brough to the table last week? He was fast, he did a good job blocking and he was physical what more can you ask of the man? Did you realise that O Smith was deactivated for the game? I must wonder if he failed a drug test! Has anyone noticed that all three of the Viking RB's missed games this year? I say nay to trading Bennet as it does appear he is a good player. As for Hovan his contract is up this year so who would trade for him?
    Let's trade Brian Russell

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

Does Moss still want to be traded? How about him for Buchanon... youd go to the SB next year garunteeed.... and no, im not joking...
    3 Straight Division Champs

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast