Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: Phil Loadholt

Brick is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Phil Loadholt

So... what's this about overthrowing a ball?
    None

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

If Infidels intent was to rile you all up, which I suspect it was, then he succeeded and you all fell for his trap. Props to Infidel!
    Honestly, I had no such intent.

I made fun of the Favre-bashers who were getting so desperate as to have to whine that the pass to Harvin was not perfect.

To help them understand how ridiculous their behavior was, I suggested that maybe after this we should only get four or five points instead of six when the pass inconvenienced the receiver by making him jump or stretch.

People laughed at them and they've been foaming at the mouth ever since.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. These are people who can't understand a very short and uncomplicated English dictionary definition.

Anyhow, I didn't set out to rile them up, but they did get pretty riled. The whole thing has been incredibly entertaining, though, I must admit.

I'm going to just let them blather now. They are so hysterical that they don't seem to need me anymore to keep it going.

Peace!

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

Mods, can we please have this thread locked now?

I am pretty sure that there is nothing left constructive to be said.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Infidel wrote:
    If Infidels intent was to rile you all up, which I suspect it was, then he succeeded and you all fell for his trap. Props to Infidel!
    Honestly, I had no such intent.

I made fun of the Favre-bashers who were getting so desperate as to have to whine that the pass to Harvin was not perfect.

To help them understand how ridiculous their behavior was, I suggested that maybe after this we should only get four or five points instead of six when the pass inconvenienced the receiver by making him jump or stretch.

People laughed at them and they've been foaming at the mouth ever since.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. These are people who can't understand a very short and uncomplicated English dictionary definition.

Anyhow, I didn't set out to rile them up, but they did get pretty riled. The whole thing has been incredibly entertaining, though, I must admit.

I'm going to just let them blather now. They are so hysterical that they don't seem to need me anymore to keep it going.

Peace!

Good riddance. I hope it's for good.

swardsooner is offline Rookie

I've got it figured out: Infidel is Loadholt's troll and he threadjacked us to take the focus off of him. Well-played Phil.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Curses, foiled again!
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

12purplepride28 wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    There's no battle.

All I need is the facts.

If they want to keep banging their heads against reality to save their pride.....all they'll get is a concussion.

Overthrow
    "3. Sports. To throw an object over and beyond (an intended mark): The infielder overthrew first base."

As long as the ball can be caught, it's not overthrown.

End of story.
    Singersp said:

Problem is, that in YOUR version of the story, "As long as the ball is thrown by Favre, it can't be overthrown or underthrown. The receiver was simply not were he was supposed to be.
    No, what I said is what I said.

The definition of the word is clear.

Doesn't matter who throws the ball....if it's caught, it's not overthrown.

Definition is clear, fact is fact.

No. That is your definition. No one elses. Please show me in the definition where it says, "if it's caught, it's not overthrown." Those are your words. No one elses. Not even Websters. Get a freaking clue.
    I think he might have it technically correct. A better term might be "Poorly Placed"
    No. He's ignoring the fact that the ball was thrown past the intended mark. Do you think that if you asked Favre about that throw, he would say that it was a good throw? He wouldn't. He knows he overthrew Percy a little bit, and he would be the first to tell you that Harvin made a great play on the ball. Sure he didn't overthrow Harvin, but he did overthrow the optimal point for the ball, which is why Harvin had to dive for it. Then he comes up with these dumb jokes about how it shouldn't be worth 7 points if its a bad throw. Dumbass. Can we not analyze anything? Obviously the throw got the job done, but that doesn't mean it was a good throw.
    As I contended I believe he might have said it was a poorly placed ball, which means it was catchable but not ideal. I am certainly not condoning the rest of his argument but on this particular point I have always considered an overthrown ball one that was not catchable. But then again I am not going to debate it endlessly either. I only do that when I am trying to define what the word 'is" is

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    So you are finally ready to get rid of Childress and send Jackson packing? Well, well, welcome home good buddy! :woohoo:
    ROTFLMAO......I've had my stuff twisted pretty good on this site, but this one, is by far the best.

Not sure how you got that out of what I said, but it is well played my friend. Well played indeed.

From here on out, I'm keeping my eye on you a bit closer.
    I thought you would either see the humor or the irony in that one. One way or the other it did it's job lol :P

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Brick wrote:
    Hey - I heard you once killed a guy with a trident!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Zeus wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    Hey - I heard you once killed a guy with a trident!

=Z=
    You might want to ah.... lay low for awhile. You know, let this blow over a bit....

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast