Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Loadholt

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Phil Loadholt

Freya wrote:
    Freakout wrote:
    He wasn't this bad last year. Maybe our coaches suck at teaching fundamentals. After a year with the team he regresses.
    I agree, he was not this bad last year. In fact, he was much better than McKinnie last year. Maybe he is learning too much about how little you have to do to keep your job on this Oline.
    +1

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I thought Herrera looked worse.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

They both looked horrible

Cook- GREAT job.. Got blown up once.. Otherwise hell of a game

Mac- Vandenboshe had nothing.. Mac sealed his side no problem.. Great game

Hutch- His usual.. Good game

Herrera- I don't know who to blame for that Williams blow up.. It was either him or Cook.. So I can't say it was Cook.. But either way looked horrible.. No place for Brett to step up

Phil- Penelties, Getting beat bad.. Creating horrible throws because he can't handle his side.. Horrible

Phil needs to move his feet.. Mac is making him look silly.. And that's bad

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Loadholt is sucking like a beach,the guy canīt move himself,canīt block,canīt protect his Qb, all in all thereīs a thing he really can and is doing ,cause holding/false starts penalties.

Viva Loadholt!!!

I donīt know If cry or laugh when I see him.
    El underdog.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I was never for a Center from New Mexico to be a RT.. Chilly likes huge ass slow people at tackle

Cook is definitley an interior lineman

Phil needs to gets his feet under him.. I like the kid.. He's like a mini mac.. He will figure it out

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I am guessing that defensive coaches now have some game film on him and are starting to scheme against his tendencies. He certainly is having a hard time but then again the whole line for the most part has had difficulty with this scheme and without Birk calling the shots it is not getting any better.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

I don't think you have to scheme too hard against a tendency to be lazy and not move your feet.....nature takes its course and the QB gets slammed to the carpet.

Scheming not required.

I do agree that the whole line is having problems.....I agree with those who say the strange ideas of the coach have a lot to do with it.

The new Center did a fine job today, considering all things.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Loadholt is having a lot of trouble this year. It does appear he has regressed from his rookie year. He is definitely having the worst season so far as a Viking OL.

Herrera - I'm still not sold on. I really didn't get to see how he did so I can't comment.

Cook - I thought did a pretty good job all things considered since he hasn't really played Center since college. That was a stupid penalty though when he clipped the Lion. He probably should be fined for that.

Hutch - Stead as can be.

McKinnie - I thought did a great job against one of the better DEs in the league. My props go out to him.

All in all though the line needs to step it up as a team. There is no way an interior defensive lineman should be intercepting a screen pass that easily. The Lions were hitting Favre all day long and getting to the backfield pretty quickly (some of the hits on Favre were late if you ask me but I'm biased.....I guess).

I know we have all ragged on Favre this year and justifiably so. However, for the most part he is being hurried all the time. I think two of his INTs this year were because of tipped passes and the fumble against the Dolphins was because of poor blocking.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

I haven't ragged on Favre.

I think he's done very well considering the poor pass protection and the whimsical, wandering and disinterested receivers he's been stuck with this year.

I knew all along he was doing ok, unlike some others here.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Infidel wrote:
    I haven't ragged on Favre.

I think he's done very well considering the poor pass protection and the whimsical, wandering and disinterested receivers he's been stuck with this year.

I knew all along he was doing ok, unlike some others here.

Although the line hasn't been that good it doesn't mean Favre gets a free pass. He hasn't played very well this year. He hasn't played poorly but he hasn't played well either. He has made erroneous throws at times even when not under pressure. Some of his INTs have been terrible throws.

Take his TD pass to Percy yesterday. It goes down in the books as a TD but he almost missed a wide open WR. There was no pressure on him that play either. There have been some passes where there was no pressure and he missed the WRs miserably.

I can agree the line has been very shaky at best but it's been that way for 5 years now. He did well last year with the same pressure. He just hasn't played all that well this year. No excuses for him. It isn't all his fault but he does share the blame.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast