Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Phantom Holding call and BONEHEAD CALL

K602p

I think a screen would have been a great play or even a toss/sweep. Hell even a counter, a dive....but not a draw.

k602p is offline Waterboy

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    That was a horrible call for 3rd and 12.

You might as well of downed the ball it would have been safer. A draw! ARE you kidding me!?

You run the ball the entire drive and the drive before and you try to run a draw. There is a reason Tice called a timeout when we were on the one yard line to yell at Loney. Sometimes the guy has a brain fart and calls stupid jiggly butt plays. Much like Cottrell going cover 2 inside the redzone.

I wish the Vikings would take the HB draw out of the playbook because they suck at it and they run it at the worst times. I'm on the side of the fence that says that call was horrible.

Don't even mention the fact that they brought the house and there was an opportunity to burn them hard. Which is what I assume they wanted to do anyway is a draw against an obvious blitz. Just doesn't make sense.
    Did you see the speed of the flag on the first touchdown by Greenbay. It appeared before the contact. I thought it was an offside call.
    I did see that. I was like WTF? Then they showed the replay and I was like WTFMUTHERFBBQSAUCE!!! I kept waiting for the announcers to comment on the crap call but then I realized it was Madden.
    lol, they did comment saying, "I didn't see the hold", then ol maddy went on w/ his cycobabble...

"Del Rio" wrote:
    K602p

I think a screen would have been a great play or even a toss/sweep. Hell even a counter, a dive....but not a draw.
    True Del! Reminds me of my high school co-head coach @ L.B. Poly and his "reverse-psychology" coaching antics; a delayed draw on 4th and 13!!! ROTFLMAO!!!

...more like 4th and 35!!!

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Bonehead call through and through. A 3 point lead is just not enough to sit on IMO. Our defense isnt good enough to have that much confidence. We should have called a pass and told Brad to eat the sack or throw it away if nothing was there. Brad is smart enough to do such a thing.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Del Rio Guest

"k602p" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    That was a horrible call for 3rd and 12.

You might as well of downed the ball it would have been safer. A draw! ARE you kidding me!?

You run the ball the entire drive and the drive before and you try to run a draw. There is a reason Tice called a timeout when we were on the one yard line to yell at Loney. Sometimes the guy has a brain fart and calls stupid jiggly butt plays. Much like Cottrell going cover 2 inside the redzone.

I wish the Vikings would take the HB draw out of the playbook because they suck at it and they run it at the worst times. I'm on the side of the fence that says that call was horrible.

Don't even mention the fact that they brought the house and there was an opportunity to burn them hard. Which is what I assume they wanted to do anyway is a draw against an obvious blitz. Just doesn't make sense.
    Did you see the speed of the flag on the first touchdown by Greenbay. It appeared before the contact. I thought it was an offside call.
    I did see that. I was like WTF? Then they showed the replay and I was like WTFMUTHERFBBQSAUCE!!! I kept waiting for the announcers to comment on the crap call but then I realized it was Madden.
    lol, they did comment saying, "I didn't see the hold", then ol maddy went on w/ his cycobabble...
    I was actually talking about the pass interference call on the TD that GB got. I swear they called it on Chavous but I just didn't see it. I don't even know if it was a PI or a defensive hold but either way it was cover 2 and we got scored on.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:

I was actually talking about the pass interference call on the TD that GB got. I swear they called it on Chavous but I just didn't see it. I don't even know if it was a PI or a defensive hold but either way it was cover 2 and we got scored on.
    It was on the underneath guy, not Chavous. I didn't see who was defending it underneath, but in the replay, when he released him to Chavous is when a slight hold occured.

Ref called the wrong number!

Del Rio Guest

Ah that makes a lot more sense. I thought driver went untouched.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456