Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Petition to keep the horns

I am not advocating anyone leaving the Purple Following.

I am not advocating that we change the horns.

All I said is you will have to like it if it changes, or leave! Your (plural) choice?

Prophet Guest

I agree with the franchise moving, they may no longer be my team. If the franchise leaves the state my loyalty to the team would drop exponentially. The North Stars were my favorite team growing up and I haven't watched them play once since they moved to Dallas.

I don't agree with the uniforms changing being that big of a deal. I don't agree with it, but oh well. I like the horns and always have during my decades as a fan. Would I be disappointed if they changed the horns? Yes. Would I be any less of a fan? No.

I could give a rip about a franchise player leaving, it happens. Especially if they wanted to leave.

Del Rio Guest

"snowinapril" wrote:

All I said is you will have to like it if it changes, or leave! Your (plural) choice?
    I never said you were advocating anything.

You associated the changing of something that has represented the team since it's birth to a few player leaving, a few players that many people could give a shit about.

Granted some may hate the uniforms and if this forum is any indication it is the younger fan base that wants change. If they do change I imagine it would effect the older fans more, then if a few players get chopped.

In fact you said: "If the fans didn't leave over the Franchise players disappearing, they won't leave over the Horns."

All I said is that may not be true.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I don't think we get rid of the horns altogether but it could be reworked.

I understand your point about the Horns being an icon, but so is the Viking Logo. Maybe they are interchangable.

Broncos mascot is the Bronco, they revamped it.

Our logo is the Viking Logo and the Horns. We also adopted the MV as a recent logo displayed on the 50 yard line.

PurplePumpkin is offline Pro-Bowler

"snowinapril" wrote:

I since the dark side in you young padawan(just kidding) :grin:

Del Rio Guest

"snowinapril" wrote:
    I don't think we get rid of the horns altogether but it could be reworked.

I understand your point about the Horns being an icon, but so is the Viking Logo. Maybe they are interchangable.

Broncos mascot is the Bronco, they revamped it.

Our logo is the Viking Logo and the Horns. We also adopted the MV as a recent logo displayed on the 50 yard line.
    Maybe they are. All I know is I think the change of a uniform would effect more people then the change of a player.

I like the horns. I would still be a fan if they left. I think this team needs to get back to old school football at least in spirit. I don't see how changing to new state of the art attire will do that.

If they do change it, you can trust it won't be for the fans. It will be for the pocketbook. I wouldn't even be shocked if they changed the colors. Matching yellow and purple hats to clothes is not easy.

The only reason these changes are made are for cash.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

They are going to touch up the logo,it was stated sometime last year. So if that means the logo or the horns on the helmet idk. I'm thinkin the Horns.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Prophet Guest

This whole discussion is why my favorite helmet is the Browns. I equate it to a musical group that has all the special effects and their music is shit. Play well and you don't need the glitter. Take the attention off the uniforms and play solid football (that doesn't work in the Browns' case, but I like the theory).

Del, there is no doubt it's about the money. I think that goes without saying. The sooner we admit that we are drones in the process the better off we are. It's sad, because without fans the NFL is nothing.

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

I think we'd have to send Ned after Wilf to get a boot up his silliness if the FO decides to get rid of the Horns...

Maybe the horns are the ones that organized the boat party and thats why they are getting ousted

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

Prophet Guest

Agree. It may be a job for the PP.O mafia.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast