Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Petition to keep the horns

"6-KINGS" wrote:
    I hate to be the one to tell you this but, the horns are gone.
    I think he is talking about the Longhorns will be ousted from the NCAA tourney! :grin:

The Horns can't go!!

I also said Moss can't go and that DC can't go, they are gone!!!

"happy camper" wrote:
    the horns arnt leaving.

that would be a horrible PR move and an easy way to lose fans.
    If the fans didn't leave over the Franchise players disappearing, they won't leave over the Horns.

Wilf will do whatever he damn well pleases! AND you will LIKE IT!!!

No HORNS for YOU!!! :roll:

Prophet Guest

Would someone really leave because of a uniform change? I guess that surprises me, even though I know it shouldn't.

Del Rio Guest

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "happy camper" wrote:
    the horns arnt leaving.

If the fans didn't leave over the Franchise players disappearing, they won't leave over the Horns.

Wilf will do whatever he gol 'darnit well pleases! AND you will LIKE IT!!!

Franchise players leave all the time. The team has had many players come and go who were bigger names, better production, more talent, more franchise.

Most fans understand that. The horns on the helmets however have been constant.

There is a huge difference.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

THEY SO HORNY!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "happy camper" wrote:
    the horns arnt leaving.

Franchise players leave all the time. The team has had many players come and go who were bigger names, better production, more talent, more franchise.

IMO.........

What I said is if you are a fan of the Vikings, then you are a fan of the Vikings.

I have heard you say that too to no end also. Not a fan of players, fan of the team. Well I think the same holds true about not a fan of the uniform, but a fan of the team.

I don't see any difference except for trying to figure out which team is the Vikings on the field.

I did see one similarity and that is the feeling of betrayal of your loyalty to a player or the uniform. But people should get over that, and take one for the team.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

The Horns arnt going anywhere. Just new Uni's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

i would seriously attend a gathered protest if they took away the horns.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Del Rio Guest

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "happy camper" wrote:
    the horns arnt leaving.

IMO.........

What I said is if you are a fan of the Vikings, then you are a fan of the Vikings.

I have heard you say that too to no end also. Not a fan of players, fan of the team. Well I think the same holds true about not a fan of the uniform, but a fan of the team.

I don't see any difference except for trying to figure out which team is the Vikings on the field.

I did see one similarity and that is the feeling of betrayal of your loyalty to a player or the uniform. But people should get over that, and take one for the team.
    Sure then extend your theory to if the Vikings moved out of Minnesota. By your theory fans of the team would follow them..............

But wait why won't many fans follow? Because all they would be following are the interchangable parts of the team.

I don't buy it. People are interchangable, players weather you feel they are "franchise" or not are interchangable, coaches, owners, all pawns to the team.

But changing something that is an icon to the team, something that has been here from the begining could leave just as bad a taste in people's mouth as anything.

Players leaving is just a change to those fans who watched them. Changing the helmet is making a change that sweeps across the entire fan base, over many generations, because it has been constant. You think my grandpa gives a shit about Culpepper? When he has watched Fran, when he has rooted on Tommy? He could give a rats ass about Culpepper. If they change the location, if they change the look that he grew up loving I think it would hit him hard.

This change effects more people then just some supposed franchise player that not every fan even liked. This change effects EVERYONE.

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "happy camper" wrote:
    the horns arnt leaving.

IMO.........

Sure then extend your theory to if the Vikings moved out of Minnesota. By your theory fans of the team would follow them..............

But wait why won't many fans follow? Because all they would be following are the interchangable parts of the team.

I don't buy it. People are interchangable, players weather you feel they are "franchise" or not are interchangable, coaches, owners, all pawns to the team.

But changing something that is an icon to the team, something that has been here from the begining could leave just as bad a taste in people's mouth as anything.

Players leaving is just a change to those fans who watched them. Changing the helmet is making a change that sweeps across the entire fan base, over many generations, because it has been constant. You think my grandpa gives a pooh about Culpepper? When he has watched Fran, when he has rooted on Tommy? He could give a rats jiggly butt about Culpepper. If they change the location, if they change the look that he grew up loving I think it would hit him hard.

This change effects more people then just some supposed franchise player that not every fan even liked. This change effects EVERYONE.
    DENVER must have better fans than the Vikings I guess!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast