Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Peterson wants to make MVP run

http://ww3.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=1589

[quote]...

Peterson figures to be more of a threat this season for a few reasons. One, the presence of free-agent receiver Bernard Berrian should help stretch the field and make it more difficult for teams to consistently put eight-men against the run. Two, Peterson has spent much of his offseason working with running backs coach Eric Bieniemy on his pass-blocking. That means Peterson should be able to stay on the field more often in third-down situations. Three, Peterson figures he can be used more as a receiving threat. He caught 19 passes in 2007 and had a 60-yard touchdown.

Peterson said he is “looking forward” to being on the field more often at the same time as veteran running back Chester Taylor and is confident the Vikings will devise ways to get him the ball via the air more frequently.[

.../quote]

Good article, I like the fact that he spent a lot of the offseason working on his pass blocking!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Peterson wants to make MVP run

If the Vikings make the playoffs, I could very easily see Peterson being MVP. He definitely has the heart, the skill, and the supporting cast to make it happen.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Peterson said he is “looking forward” to being on the field more often at the same time as veteran running back Chester Taylor
    we were all crying all last season that we wanted to see more combinations with both of them on the field, glad he feels the same way!

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

aside to peterson i'm looking forward to the trick-plays that Childress has installed.
    They are great when they work, really gets everybody excited... But sure they can fail and possibly be disastrous but i got Faith Chiller comes up with new ones
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    Peterson said he is “looking forward” to being on the field more often at the same time as veteran running back Chester Taylor
    we were all crying all last season that we wanted to see more combinations with both of them on the field, glad he feels the same way!
    I think Childress wanted to get him out there together more too.
    But AD was so God awful at pass blocking that we just couldn't.
    That is why I am glad he spent the offseason working on it.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

I think Richardson leaving had something to do with how us having two backs in the backfield was not going to include a fullback as much... I totally see two HB's in the backfield happening for us next year.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    I like it because it will keep defenses guessing.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    I like it because it will keep defenses guessing.
    Exactly - eight men in the box may not be so automatic if we can pass occasionally when AD is in the backfield.
    He'll be a better blocker and pass catcher.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I think its very possible that he gets MVP this year.
    If we have any semi-decent passing game this year (no I'm not saying anything about our QB situation) then it will open up the run game big time.

AD finished with some amazing numbers last year and he even missed some games, at the end all teams did was stack the box, and it was pretty effective in stopping our run game, but they won't be able to do that when we have a passing threat as well.
    I'm very optimistic for the upcoming season, and I'm totally excited to watch AD break more records!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Run, Petey, Run!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast