Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re:Peterson Wants Favre/Taking fumbles seriously

MaxVike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Jamie Dukes doesn't like the 14lb medicine ball around in practice.

He believes AD's problem comes when he gets his elbow to high. Carrying around something heavier than the football will kindof make that issue worse.

Anyways, thats what he said.
    Jamie dukes is the guy to go to for ball protection tips.
    So you don't think he is a good analyst?

My guess, as an EX-OLmen, I bet he stood and listened to coaches hack on RB's a bazillion times about ball protection and probably knows abit more about it than us cats do.
    Whereas I agree that he knows more about protecting the FB than 99% of us, I find his analysis to be mostly arguable, his voice annoying, and his style over the top. Other than that, I'm sure he's a great guy :dry:
    +1
    During all the draft coverage I really got sick of him. He kept arguing the same points about Tebow relentlessly(yes he was right but thats not the point).
    His social grace leaves alot to be desired. Just ask Jim Mora.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

jmcdon00 wrote:
    MaxVike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Jamie Dukes doesn't like the 14lb medicine ball around in practice.

He believes AD's problem comes when he gets his elbow to high. Carrying around something heavier than the football will kindof make that issue worse.

Anyways, thats what he said.
    Jamie dukes is the guy to go to for ball protection tips.
    So you don't think he is a good analyst?

My guess, as an EX-OLmen, I bet he stood and listened to coaches hack on RB's a bazillion times about ball protection and probably knows abit more about it than us cats do.
    Whereas I agree that he knows more about protecting the FB than 99% of us, I find his analysis to be mostly arguable, his voice annoying, and his style over the top. Other than that, I'm sure he's a great guy :dry:
    +1
    During all the draft coverage I really got sick of him. He kept arguing the same points about Tebow relentlessly(yes he was right but thats not the point).
    His social grace leaves alot to be desired. Just ask Jim Mora.
    I can overlook social graces if the cat can talk ball. Jammie can talk ball.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    never said that.

Actually, to be honest I'd agree with him. Peterson's problems more often than not come when 'flailing' for extra yards. Two hands on the ball and he doesn't have these problems. I don't think having a heavier ball fixes the problem.

What he should do, is carry a football around with him most of the day, and anytime somebody knocks the ball loose, he's gotta run laps or something. That will make him hold on just a little bit harder.
    Sometimes it also comes from being hit from behind as well.

I think the coaches should be working with him on situational awareness kinds of drills, much the same they do with QB's, so that he knows when to get down and when to keep trying to get more yards.
    AD does get a lot of sluggers coming in from behind that seem to take him by total surprise. If he slows down, there is a good chance someone is catching up from behind. A lot of times you can see the play unfolding and know that AD is completely unaware of what's coming.

Not sure how you teach this, hopefully the RB coach does.

#4kicksA$$ is offline Training Camp

I watch NFL network a lot,imo Dukes is the best ex player analyst on there. As far as Peterson and his fumbles,I have a feeling he will hold on to the ball much better this year.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

#4kicksA$$ wrote:
    I watch NFL network a lot,imo Dukes is the best ex player analyst on there. As far as Peterson and his fumbles,I have a feeling he will hold on to the ball much better this year.
    Screw AD, NFLN and Jamie......

What the hell is that in your Avatar. I need details........Bow, Rifle, Blackpowder.......State etc. hmy: hmy: hmy:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I'm gonna make a bold but true statement here. I don't like AP very much anymore. I loved him his first two years, but now... not so much. When he makes statements like he wants Favre to come back for 2-3 more years, and he thinks he will rush for 2500 yards, that just adds to the annoyance I feel at him for his pathetic excuse for ball security and pass blocking.

I still love him in the sense that he is a viking and a huge part of our offense, and still very talented. But it seems like he needs a reality check.

Did anyone see his interview after the NFCCG? The reporter asked him how disgusted he was that he basically fumbled the game away, and he said "Oh very disgusted" but the whole time he was smiling and didn't look like he cared at all. It really pissed me and my cousin off.

I'm sure no one will agree with me, but I just feel that after contributing more to helping us lose than win against NO, anything he says that isn't "I'm working on my ball security and am going to help us win the Super Bowl this year" is going to irk me.

FAVRE ISN'T COMING BACK FOR 3 MORE YEARS!!! YOU CAN'T RUSH FOR 2500 YARDS IF YOU DON'T HAVE A BALL IN YOUR HANDS!!!!
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

12purplepride28 wrote:
    I'm gonna make a bold but true statement here. I don't like AP very much anymore. I loved him his first two years, but now... not so much. When he makes statements like he wants Favre to come back for 2-3 more years, and he thinks he will rush for 2500 yards, that just adds to the annoyance I feel at him for his pathetic excuse for ball security and pass blocking.

I still love him in the sense that he is a viking and a huge part of our offense, and still very talented. But it seems like he needs a reality check.

Did anyone see his interview after the NFCCG? The reporter asked him how disgusted he was that he basically fumbled the game away, and he said "Oh very disgusted" but the whole time he was smiling and didn't look like he cared at all. It really pissed me and my cousin off.

I'm sure no one will agree with me, but I just feel that after contributing more to helping us lose than win against NO, anything he says that isn't "I'm working on my ball security and am going to help us win the Super Bowl this year" is going to irk me.

FAVRE ISN'T COMING BACK FOR 3 MORE YEARS!!! YOU CAN'T RUSH FOR 2500 YARDS IF YOU DON'T HAVE A BALL IN YOUR HANDS!!!!
    I am disappointed in AP, but I don't HATE him.

I hate his performance versus New Orleans...and I'm sure he does too...but what can he do about it now?

I agree that he has to step up as a player, especially now that Chester is gone (I miss that guy already).

But HATE? No...not even close.

Oh...and no way Favre comes back for 3 more. Two is a huge maybe, but only if we win it all easily.

Caine

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I never used the word hate. Sorry if I conveyed that message. I'm simply getting tired of his dumb comments like that, and I'm still annoyed with his performance in the fumble department.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

People talk about Petersons fumbles the way we used to talk about Favre's interceptions.
    Yes it's a problem, but it's still Adrian Peterson. I'll take Peterson and his 9 fumbles every time(atleast every time it comes with 2000yds and 21tds).

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

jmcdon00 wrote:
    People talk about Petersons fumbles the way we used to talk about Favre's interceptions.
    Yes it's a problem, but it's still Adrian Peterson. I'll take Peterson and his 9 fumbles every time(atleast every time it comes with 2000yds and 21tds).
    As long as it doesn't come with fumbling away the Championship game or Super Bowl I'm happy with him. If he fumbles away our chance at glory than what good is he?

RBs are a dime a dozen, granted not at Peterson's level, but much easier to come by than say a QB. As evidenced last year I think a RBs production, especially in our system starts with line blocking. Peterson showed the ability to punch it into the end zone but his huge gains and monster yardage seemed to take a big dip.

I can finally see the "haters" point (and I use the term "haters" very loosely).

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast