Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Peterson Wants Favre/Taking fumbles seriously

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/06/07/ad-on-favre-hopefully-he-plays-two-three-more/

He want's Favre back for 2-3 more years.

Also read the last bit.

Peterson also said that he wants to take his game to another level. Hes trying to do that by toting a 14-pound football during practice in an effort to take care of the ball this season. Peterson, you might remember, handled the football in the NFC Championship Game the same way a farmer would handle a greased pig.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Re:Peterson Wants Favre/Taking fumbles seriously

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/06/07/ad-on-favre-hopefully-he-plays-two-three-more/

He want's Favre back for 2-3 more years.

Also read the last bit.

Peterson also said that he wants to take his game to another level. Hes trying to do that by toting a 14-pound football during practice in an effort to take care of the ball this season. Peterson, you might remember, handled the football in the NFC Championship Game the same way a farmer would handle a greased pig.
    I assume this is a Wisconsin farmer that's greasing his pigs.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Jamie Dukes doesn't like the 14lb medicine ball around in practice.

He believes AD's problem comes when he gets his elbow to high. Carrying around something heavier than the football will kindof make that issue worse.

Anyways, thats what he said.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:

He believes AD's problem comes when he gets his elbow to high. Carrying around something heavier than the football will kindof make that issue worse.

Jamie dukes is the guy to go to for ball protection tips.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

So you don't think he is a good analyst?

My guess, as an EX-OLmen, I bet he stood and listened to coaches hack on RB's a bazillion times about ball protection and probably knows abit more about it than us cats do.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

never said that.

Actually, to be honest I'd agree with him. Peterson's problems more often than not come when 'flailing' for extra yards. Two hands on the ball and he doesn't have these problems. I don't think having a heavier ball fixes the problem.

What he should do, is carry a football around with him most of the day, and anytime somebody knocks the ball loose, he's gotta run laps or something. That will make him hold on just a little bit harder.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    never said that.

Actually, to be honest I'd agree with him. Peterson's problems more often than not come when 'flailing' for extra yards. Two hands on the ball and he doesn't have these problems. I don't think having a heavier ball fixes the problem.

What he should do, is carry a football around with him most of the day, and anytime somebody knocks the ball loose, he's gotta run laps or something. That will make him hold on just a little bit harder.
    Sometimes it also comes from being hit from behind as well.

I think the coaches should be working with him on situational awareness kinds of drills, much the same they do with QB's, so that he knows when to get down and when to keep trying to get more yards.

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    never said that.

Sometimes it also comes from being hit from behind as well.

I think the coaches should be working with him on situational awareness kinds of drills, much the same they do with QB's, so that he knows when to get down and when to keep trying to get more yards.
    yes, with Peterson, what I see are two different types of fumbles. He has the avoidable fumbles, where he just gets sloppy with the ball, then there are the good fumbles (Not good for us, but you know), which is just a good hit, helmet on the ball or something of the type, where most players might fumble if in that exact situation.

If he can eliminate the sloppy fumbles, and get his fumble numbers down to 3 or 4 a season, that would be great.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

My guess, as an EX-OLmen, I bet he stood and listened to coaches hack on RB's a bazillion times about ball protection and probably knows abit more about it than us cats do.
    Whereas I agree that he knows more about protecting the FB than 99% of us, I find his analysis to be mostly arguable, his voice annoying, and his style over the top. Other than that, I'm sure he's a great guy :dry:

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

MaxVike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Whereas I agree that he knows more about protecting the FB than 99% of us, I find his analysis to be mostly arguable, his voice annoying, and his style over the top. Other than that, I'm sure he's a great guy :dry:
    Wow, I absolutely love the guy.

Course I am of the mind that all analysts, like fans, have a opinion that can be argued away by someone who doesn't agree with him/her.

Thats what makes the sport so good. Many many views on one subject.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast