vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Norseman Peterson Wants to Change Number but...

Found a million reasons to stick with 28

Peterson said he wanted to switch from wearing 28 to 23, which he thought he could do at the time that Nike takes over the NFLs jersey license from Reebok. But Peterson has been informed that hed have to buy back any unsold 28 jerseys that have already been printed, and that could cost $1 million.
    Adrian Peterson wanted to change his number but didn’t want to pay | ProFootballTalk

Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Can't blame him.. He thought (just like what was rumored) that since the uni-supply change that players would be able to swap numbers with no huge payment.. Apparently that was a false rumor and that changing his number wasn't important enough.

He's smart.. Why waste that money on something so trivial?
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    One would think the jersey makers would be happy to comply. A new number means an increase in jersey sales.
    At the very least you would think they would allow him to buy the jersey's at a discount.
    If he changed his name would he also have to buy the jerseys? Might be a possible loophole, too bad Metta World Peace is already taken.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    One would think the jersey makers would be happy to comply. A new number means an increase in jersey sales.
    At the very least you would think they would allow him to buy the jersey's at a discount.
    If he changed his name would he also have to buy the jerseys? Might be a possible loophole, too bad Metta World Peace is already taken.
    Yes, he would. Remember when Ocho wanted to change to Ochocinco? He couldn't the first year becauase he'd have to buy out all the jerseys. He gave notice and they allowed him to the next year at a much lower price.

And I'm willig to bet they'd let him buy the jerseys at a discount.

at $80 a jersey for replicas, $130 for Replithentic and $250 for Authentic, 1 mil only gets roughly

5000 replicas : $400,000
    3000 replithentic: $390,000
    840 Authentic: $210,000

I'm willing to bet there's more than that already in stores this very minute. Maybe not the authentics, but gotta be over 500 replicas printed and 3000 of the mid-range ones, you see those everywhere.

That's rediculous. If he wants to change his number, than he should be able to do it on his own accord. Who's making all the money off of him (or any sports star) anyway....Reebok, and now, Nike...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Who has the contract with Nike for the jerseys? The individual players or the NFL?

By what I'm reading Nike hasn't even taken over Reebok yet, so if they jumped the gun & printed jerseys up before the takeover, tough shit!

Did Jimmy K have to pay a fee when he changed numbers? What about when McNabb took Kluwe's number?

What if AD gets traded this year to another team or FA stars sign elsewhere? Are they/teams obligated to buy back unsold jerseys?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Why does he suddenly want to change his number?

tarkenton10 is online now Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Who has the contract with Nike for the jerseys? The individual players or the NFL?

By what I'm reading Nike hasn't even taken over Reebok yet, so if they jumped the gun & printed jerseys up before the takeover, tough shit!

Did Jimmy K have to pay a fee when he changed numbers? What about when McNabb took Kluwe's number?

What if AD gets traded this year to another team or FA stars sign elsewhere? Are they/teams obligated to buy back unsold jerseys?
    +1 that is a bunch of crap. If I was him I would sue just for the principle of the thing.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!