Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

To Peterson, team trumps any MVP talk

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/36382619.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUo8cyaiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:a UU

Bobby Wade isn't about to get into a debate about the NFL's MVP race because, honestly, he doesn't think there is one. The Vikings receiver might be biased, but in his view the clear-cut choice is the guy who sits across the locker room at Winter Park and wears No. 28.

"I don't know what you would be thinking about [if he wasn't first]," Wade said, referring to Pro Bowl running back Adrian Peterson. "I know there's a lot of good players out there and a lot of guys doing a lot of good things, defensive guys and things like that. But when you think about offensive threat, a guy who just day in and day out is able to do that, hurt or 100 percent, he's going to give you his all. He's the MVP in my opinion..."
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re: To Peterson, team trumps any MVP talk

I think he deserves it! The problem is that alot of players deserves it. He is at least among the top 5 candidates.

Here's my top 5 candidates for the NFL MVP Awards (both offense and defense) in order :

1. Vikings - Adrian Peterson (I think I have a man love for him, leading the NFL in rushing yards with almost 5 yars per carry)

2. Cardinals - Kurt Warner (It could be his last year before retirement and it would be great if he got one now. He definitely deserves it)

3. Steelers - James Harrison (his stats are amazing, 94 tackles, 15 sacks (4th in NFL), 7 forced fumbles (1st in NFL), 1 interception and 1 safety)

4. Steelers - Troy Polamalu (it says alot about the defense in Pittsburgh when the Steelers have two players in the top 5. I am a huge fan of Polamalu and think he's the best safety in the league. Leads the NFL in interceptions with 7 picks)

5. Cowboys - DeMarcus Ware (leads the NFL in sacks and needs only one sack to reach the magic 20 number)

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"HEY" wrote:
    I think he deserves it! The problem is that alot of players deserves it. He is at least among the top 5 candidates.

Here's my top 5 candidates for the NFL MVP Awards (both offense and defense) in order :

1. Vikings - Adrian Peterson (I think I have a man love for him, leading the NFL in rushing yards with almost 5 yars per carry)

2. Cardinals - Kurt Warner (It could be his last year before retirement and it would be great if he got one now. He definitely deserves it)

3. Steelers - James Harrison (his stats are amazing, 94 tackles, 15 sacks (4th in NFL), 7 forced fumbles (1st in NFL), 1 interception and 1 safety)

4. Steelers - Troy Polamalu (it says alot about the defense in Pittsburgh when the Steelers have two players in the top 5. I am a huge fan of Polamalu and think he's the best safety in the league. Leads the NFL in interceptions with 7 picks)

5. Cowboys - DeMarcus Ware (leads the NFL in sacks and needs only one sack to reach the magic 20 number)
    Doesn't Warner already have 2 MVP awards?
    Scratch that old fart off your list, he doesn't need another.
    Although it would be nice to have somebody besides Favre with 3.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

My prediction???? Payton Manning or Peterson
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Peterson-
    9 100+ yard running games this year.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:

Doesn't Warner already have 2 MVP awards?
    Scratch that old fart off your list, he doesn't need another.
    Although it would be nice to have somebody besides Favre with 3.
    Favre will get one next year when he leads us to a Super Bowl victory

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Anybody else still pulling for AD to reach 2,000 this year? I know it's kind of a long shot (he needs to average 210 yards in his last two games) but I think it's a possibility at least. He is the guy who ran for almost 300 in one game, after all.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Manning is making a strong statement with the way he has elevated the play of the Colts this year. If they keep playing the way they are he is going to be a strong candidate.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    My prediction???? Payton Manning or Peterson
    unfortunately I think it might end up being Manning - especially with the media sucky up boys writing articles such as this

Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando

Colts coach Tony Dungy pretty much declared Peyton Manning the league MVP during an NFL Network interview following Indianapolis' victory over Jacksonville.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcwest/0-6-215/MVP-watch--Warner--Manning-reconsidered.html
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

The MVP should be someone who consistently played at a MVP level, I don't care if Manning was injured he sucked in the beginning of the year... so what he came back against the Vikings who weren't able to close a game against a high school team or lonely Jacksonville, Houstan when they sucked and well the Steelers was a good comeback.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast