COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Peterson still a no-show, but a deal could be coming New set of hands in camp

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/1330680.html
    First-round draft pick Adrian Peterson missed his third day of Vikings training camp Saturday, amid indications that the sides have inched closer but are perhaps several days from an agreement.

This is a good read that answers several key questions about the Vikes including the offensive coordinator calling the plays
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Peterson still a no-show, but a deal could be coming New set of hands in cam

We're going to wear the throwback helmets Sept 30th against the pack too!
    Wonder if that mean throwback uni's too.

Old school helmets and Ultra-flashy anime jerseys don't work so well.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Peterson still a no-show, but a deal could be coming New set of hands in camp

Childress said he has no concerns about the effects of defensive tackle Pat Williams' decision to terminate negotiations on a contract extension Friday. Agent Angelo Wright said this season likely is Williams' last in Minnesota,
    Æ’uck. that..

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Peterson still a no-show, but a deal could be coming New set of hands in camp

Alas, If negotiations are truly done, then I bet that this is Fat's last year here. Maybe not. If this is his last percieved year here, then he may be compelled to excell. Contract year. This is B-Chill's in between year. We shall see. My guess, negotiations are only just beginning.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Good stuff COJO.

As planned, offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell called plays during an unscripted portion of practice Saturday morning. Bevell wore a headset and chose plays from a truncated call sheet on the sideline, radioing them directly to the quarterback. The process is part of Childress' plan to determine whether Bevell, or possibly quarterbacks coach Kevin Rogers, will take over the play-calling duties this season.
    First time I've heard Rogers mentioned for this task.
    Makes one wonder.

I still contend that the only reason the Chiller called plays last year was because of the complexity of the scheme was a bit above Bevell's experience level and he needed to learn how to call a game.

Maybe, in fact, he isn't the right guy. If it falls to Rogers, maybe he will ultimately become our OC if Bevell struggles.

Again, makes one think.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg