Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Peterson Poised for Prolific Performance?

We all know that we have played a difficult schedule and that we're 2-5. If there's any saving grace thus far, it's the performance of Adrian Peterson.

He's averaging 4.7 yards per carry this season. Against opponents giving up on average 4.2 yards per carry.

He's averaging as a team we average 134.6 yards per game on the ground against opponents whom have given up 110.9 yards per game. On his own, Peterson with his 110.9 yards per game has met their team averages.

In our remaining nine games we face opponents whom have allowed 119.1 yards per game on the ground while facing teams averaging 105.9 yards per game.

With games at home against: Arizona and Buffalo, we could see him re-set his single game rushing record.

By either increasing his carries by four to five per game, or taking advantage of the weak conclusion of our schedule and upping his yards per carry by 1(unlikely) in order to achieve a 136 yard per game average will put him on Pace for 2,000 yards.

All Day has been nothing but awesome all season and should only get better as the level of competition drops. Will we see history made? - I don't know, however, I think it's a pretty safe bet to say he should tear it up for the next nine weeks.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Peterson Poised for Prolific Performance?

I would love for Peterson to blow up, but I am not counting on it.

I haven't felt like he has been as explosive this season.

I have felt like he has been more reliable (no fumbles) and consistent (nice average/carry).

I like your analysis and I hope he kicks some butt. It would be uplifting to the team to piggy back on the momentum of a HUGE game from AD.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Should be fun to watch. This should be the best year of petersons career.
    Totally agree we should see some big games in the coming weeks. Buffalo should be especially fun.
    I don't think you can give him many more carries though. He's currently on pace for 379 carries, adding 5 more a game would put him on pace for 424carries, 8 more than the nfl record 416. Then again maybe he should own that record too.

jmcdon00 wrote:
    Should be fun to watch. This should be the best year of petersons career.
    Totally agree we should see some big games in the coming weeks. Buffalo should be especially fun.
    I don't think you can give him many more carries though. He's currently on pace for 379 carries, adding 5 more a game would put him on pace for 424carries, 8 more than the nfl record 416. Then again maybe he should own that record too.
    People like to say he should get 25-30 per game. Adding 4 or 5 more would put him right in that range.

But I'm not necessarily advocating it.

I think with the number he's getting now he'll be fine, and still have a shot at 2000. The caliber of defense we face, especially against the run, in the future should allow it.

With Harvin hurting, Moss gone, Rice still out, and Favre playing the worst football of his career I'm just excited we still have someone to watch.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Peterson better get his yards against the Cards and the Bills, because he won't get a lot against the rest of the schedule.

He's his own worst enemy. He runs hard and he runs stupid. He crashes into people on purpose. He's already been limping around a lot and he's no doubt shot full of painkiller for every game.

He'll need some luck against the Cards as the defense will be stacked up against him because Moss is gone.

He can't last much longer unless somebody teaches him to run smarter.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Infidel wrote:
    He'll need some luck against the Cards as the defense will be stacked up against him because Moss is gone.
    He put up more yards and as many TDs in the three games prior to Moss' arrival than he did in the FOUR games with Moss here.

Peterson better get his yards against the Cards and the Bills, because he won't get a lot against the rest of the schedule.
    Sure he should have his biggest games there since their defenses are embarrassingly bad, but aside of the Giants and Bears we only face 1 rush defense in the top 20 for the rest of the year, and that's the #18 Eagles.

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

I think A. Peterson is the best running back in football today. How anybody could talk bad about this guy is just nuts. There are a few people on this site that have no Pride. Sadly enough the name of this site is "PURPLEPRIDE"
    None

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Pride is fine, but facts trump pride every time.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

Infidel wrote:

Don't forget your little red flag tomorrow. OMG!
    None

Infidel wrote:

purplefacts.org doesn't have the same ring.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast