Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Peterson on pace to another milestone.

"Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    I like your points too jmcdon00.....My less than optomistic view here is mainly based on the fact that I don't think Chilly will use A.P. more than he has...perhaps even less depending on need...conditions. I still think the approach will be to stagger running back plays between Taylor and Peterson. I think that is the main reason I don't see it.....but Hey...I like your 20 percent chance...Who knows??

Cheers!
    Perhaps the Chiller has more important things in mind than some individual record.

:

Let the record come if it does, however, IMHO this is still a team sport and all efforts of the players should be towards improving the team and its win/loss record and not some rushing record.

It serves no purpose other than to make fans happy to see a Viking talked about by ESPN talking heads my friends.
    Well I think it is important, because if Peterson runs for 600 yards in 4 games I'm guessing the outcome of those 4 games are going to be in our favor.
    Just saying.
    I agree and that is what I mean by "Let the record come if it does".

I just don't want them to loose focus of the big picture.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    "Articnv" wrote:
    i still think he can set the rockie yards rushing

I'd Love To See It Happen....but unless he gets almost all of the carries in the remaining games I don't think he will. Sharing the Rock as much as he has with C.Tay will be a huge factor I think. This also assumes that running conditions will be prime as far as field conditions go...not a guarantee in any non-dome atmosphere, especially S.F. The injury really set this back....He could still do it but it would take a miracle.....Purple Jesus might have one of those in him???

Let's see what happens starting this Sunday in S.F. He will have an opportunity to get some yards there...but game is on natural grass and it's often a bit soggy in S.F. this time of year. Let's see what the running conditions are at game time.

Cheers!
    I wouldn't say it would take a miracle. He needs a little over 600 yards. He is currently averaging 120 yards/game. But the teams he is playing and the play of the offensive line is encouraging. Let's break it down.

49ers-26th in rush yards allowed. They have a decent average but I expect peterson to get more than his average ypgame. 120+

Bears-27th in rush yards allowed. Peterson destroyed them in chicago, he is better in the dome. I expect this to be a 200+ yard day for Peterson.

Washington-10th in rush yards allowed. They have not given up a single run for over 40 yards this year. This will be the toughest of the four remaing rush defenses, but since it is at the dome I still expect Peterson to get 100+.

Denver-31st in rush yards allowed. This game should be huge for Peterson and the Oline. Weather could be an issue because it is in denver, but I expect the offensive line to completely dominate and Peterson to get well above average yardage. 150+.

Obviously alot has to happen, but with the schedule the way it is and Peterson being what he is, I give him a 20% chance of breaking the record, along way from a miracle. ;D ;D

I'm sorry to bring this up and I don't mean any disrespect but remember that Taylor is no longer there.
    I'm sure his skills helped with mot only the passing game but had an effect on the running game as well.
    Therefore the Skins game may not be as difficult as one would think by the stats till now.
    Freddie Jackson from the Bills had a pretty productive day against the Skins this past week.
    Again, I mean no disrspect here just pointing something out.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"ejmat" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    "Articnv" wrote:
    i still think he can set the rockie yards rushing

I'd Love To See It Happen....but unless he gets almost all of the carries in the remaining games I don't think he will. Sharing the Rock as much as he has with C.Tay will be a huge factor I think. This also assumes that running conditions will be prime as far as field conditions go...not a guarantee in any non-dome atmosphere, especially S.F. The injury really set this back....He could still do it but it would take a miracle.....Purple Jesus might have one of those in him???

Let's see what happens starting this Sunday in S.F. He will have an opportunity to get some yards there...but game is on natural grass and it's often a bit soggy in S.F. this time of year. Let's see what the running conditions are at game time.

Cheers!
    I wouldn't say it would take a miracle. He needs a little over 600 yards. He is currently averaging 120 yards/game. But the teams he is playing and the play of the offensive line is encouraging. Let's break it down.

49ers-26th in rush yards allowed. They have a decent average but I expect peterson to get more than his average ypgame. 120+

Bears-27th in rush yards allowed. Peterson destroyed them in chicago, he is better in the dome. I expect this to be a 200+ yard day for Peterson.

Washington-10th in rush yards allowed. They have not given up a single run for over 40 yards this year. This will be the toughest of the four remaing rush defenses, but since it is at the dome I still expect Peterson to get 100+.

Denver-31st in rush yards allowed. This game should be huge for Peterson and the Oline. Weather could be an issue because it is in denver, but I expect the offensive line to completely dominate and Peterson to get well above average yardage. 150+.

Obviously alot has to happen, but with the schedule the way it is and Peterson being what he is, I give him a 20% chance of breaking the record, along way from a miracle. ;D ;D

I'm sorry to bring this up and I don't mean any disrespect but remember that Taylor is no longer there.
    I'm sure his skills helped with mot only the passing game but had an effect on the running game as well.
    Therefore the Skins game may not be as difficult as one would think by the stats till now.
    Freddie Jackson from the Bills had a pretty productive day against the Skins this past week.
    Again, I mean no disrspect here just pointing something out.
    No apologies need my friend.
    It is a very good point.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123