Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Peterson keeps passing game on his to-do list

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    I don't know if Vikes_King or Captain J addressed it, but according to BLV, AD dropped an easy catch in practice (didn't sound like it was his 1st drop). Childress just patted AD on, but then another other coach, I assume Biemeny, took AD aside & chewed him out.

IMO, this is a big concern for our team & one that I hope AD can overcome. We all know that AD is a great runner, but we need him to be more than one-dimensional.
    Yea, AD has dropped a couple passes.
    He dropped another really easy short pass yesterday - granted he had a sweet catch for a TD in redzone drills later.
    Bieniemy is riding his jiggly butt at all times
    Does it look like he isn't 100% focused/trying?
    Lord help us if he turns into one of them whinny me me WR's who want to focus on the Twitter or Reality Show instead of getting fricken ready to play ball......

Might happen though.
    Chiller is running a pretty limp camp again this year.
    Who the hell knows whats going on.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

I just read the Jim Brown - AP interview in The "Sporting News". Good stuff. But it seems to me that AP is focused just on football, because he criticizes other NFL players who are "about the money". BTW, I don't really need Peterson to catch passes. That would be "nice to have", but I don't need him to be Brian Westbrook right now. I do need an offense that knows how to utilize him and I do need him to wait for the blocks to be there. He is constantly trying to "hit a homer run" and thus sometimes overruns his blocks. He needs to be patient and wait for it.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"StillPurple" wrote:
    I just read the Jim Brown - AP interview in The "Sporting News". Good stuff. But it seems to me that AP is focused just on football, because he criticizes other NFL players who are "about the money". BTW, I don't really need Peterson to catch passes. That would be "nice to have", but I don't need him to be Brian Westbrook right now. I do need an offense that knows how to utilize him and I do need him to wait for the blocks to be there. He is constantly trying to "hit a homer run" and thus sometimes overruns his blocks. He needs to be patient and wait for it.
    I don't need him to catch passes alot, but he needs to work on his blocking.

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Yes, he does, particularly if he wants to play more than just 1st and 2nd down.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12