Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    This is AP we're talking about, he'll be back soon enough and in beast mode again. I can't see him returning any other way. Maybe I'm just in denial, but we've never seen a back with the drive that Peterson has, so if anyone can do it, it's him.

If this type of injury was inevitable it probably happened at the best time, maybe earlier in the year would've been a bit better, but lets face it we weren't going to be a competitive team until at least 2013 anyway. Next year is going to be a rebuilding year and instead of him taking more punishment in another wasted year his body will get some rest rehabing.

He'll be back to 100% just as the Vikes get the ship turned around and primed for another playoff run. QB, WR, OL, and DB positions should all look a bit more promising when he's ready to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Hw will never again be what hw once was. As happy as I was that we drafted him and as good as his career started to be, the way he ran I was surprised it took this long and now that it happened the days of seeing him run like he did are now history.

He will cost the team 36 Million guaranteed and will never be the runner he once was. Maybe trading him as I suggested before the trading deadline wouldn't have been such a bad move after all.
    Should have moved him and Allen.....and built a real football team like the steelers
    None

Funny when I brought this stuff up trading AP,JA.....I was mocked called a crackhead....suggested I lived in my fathers garage.......moron....
    But all things aside. I believe. With a
    seasoned GM...and our up coming pick we can make some improvement.....like I said.... our division Is no cake walk.....
    Last edited by Lippythelion69; 12-25-2011 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Sp
    None

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lippythelion69 View Post
    Funny when I brought this stuff up trading AP,JA.....I was mocked called a crackhead....suggested I lived in my fathers garage.......moron....
    seasoned GM...and our up coming pick we can make some improvement.....like I said.... our division Is no cake walk.....
    You are a moron...just like the rest of us. But I also dream about a seasoned GM leading us back down the path of an organization that is no longer a joke.
    Merry Christmas.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    You are a moron...just like the rest of us. But I also dream about a seasoned GM leading us back down the path of an organization that is no longer a joke.
    Merry Christmas.
    And you expected that turnaround to happen in how long? Six months? With no offseason and a team that was incredibly mismanaged by the former power structure for the last 5 years?

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ltrey33 View Post
    And you expected that turnaround to happen in how long? Six months? With no offseason and a team that was incredibly mismanaged by the former power structure for the last 5 years?
    Where did I say anything about a time table for a turnaround?
    Sober up!
    We need the GM to correct your so called mismanagement of the former power structure.
    If you weren't missing in action for so long you would know that I think it will take around two years to have a competetive team again.
    Most think 3-5 years, and they are probably right.

BTW, I predicted a 4-12 season due to the lockout and other things you mentioned, not sure where you came up with 6 months.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lippythelion69 View Post
    I've always wanted to trade AP. For this reason. Get what we can as we won't be able to take advantage of his talent. Send him to the Patriots for their 1st and 2nd and a 2nd next year or something, assuming we could get it.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    He just blew his knee out. We will never get more than maybe a 3 for him.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    He just blew his knee out. We will never get more than maybe a 3 for him.
    I meant before.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Knight of God is offline Waterboy
    Well, I believe he will be back in time for week 4-5 next season if not before then. This guy will be around for a while.
    None

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast