Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Knight of God is offline Waterboy

With Peterson Hurt

What now? I mean its sad for me quite honestly. I'm a Falcons fan but Peterson has to be my favorite player and I actually have a serious soft spot for the Vikes...although I'd love to send Edwards to the Aints and quickly.

Any updates on how AD is doing right now?
    None

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    ESPN reports torn ACL and MCL... 9 months or Rehab.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Hw will never again be what hw once was. As happy as I was that we drafted him and as good as his career started to be, the way he ran I was surprised it took this long and now that it happened the days of seeing him run like he did are now history.

He will cost the team 36 Million guaranteed and will never be the runner he once was. Maybe trading him as I suggested before the trading deadline wouldn't have been such a bad move after all.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Adrian is a warrior, he will come back..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Hw will never again be what hw once was. As happy as I was that we drafted him and as good as his career started to be, the way he ran I was surprised it took this long and now that it happened the days of seeing him run like he did are now history.

He will cost the team 36 Million guaranteed and will never be the runner he once was. Maybe trading him as I suggested before the trading deadline wouldn't have been such a bad move after all.
    Even if his playing days are done, and I doubt that will be the case, from this fans perespective AD was worth every penny.
    He certainly wont be the same if he returns next year mid season or so. But he may still be pretty damn good the following years. It has happened before but usually takes 2 years for a decent recovery.

Blog Entries
    His whole career is based on explosive speed and cutting ability. That just went down the crapper. The injury came at the worst time because he will take 2 years to come back and by then age will have past him by.

We supposedly built the offense around him and now he is gone for an extended time period.

So do we keep building the team around the notion he might eventually get back to a reasonable form of his old self?

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach

It's too early to say he will never be what he was. I think Marshall Faulk, Terell Davis, Cadilac Williams, Deuce McCalister, Frank Gore, Jamal Lewis, Edjarin James, Willis McGahee and a few others have suffered what was considered to be devastating knee injuries and they came back.
    Last edited by thorshammer; 12-25-2011 at 11:32 AM.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    His whole career is based on explosive speed and cutting ability. That just went down the crapper. The injury came at the worst time because he will take 2 years to come back and by then age will have past him by.

We supposedly built the offense around him and now he is gone for an extended time period.

So do we keep building the team around the notion he might eventually get back to a reasonable form of his old self?
    No. You can't build on a wish and a prayer.
    It was a bit of a pipe dream to think Peterson could carry this team in the first place.
    Frazier believed it, but he was wrong.
    The only player a team can be built around is a great QB. The thought that a great runner can make an average QB better doesn't seem to work that well. If you have a great QB you can find a serviceable runner and still be effective. You can also come from behind to win games, which is very difficult with a run only team.

So the Vikings should assume AD may not recover or ever be what he once was and move on accordingly. Then if he is his old self upon recovery, it will be a bonus.

This is the injury we all knew could happen at any time but didn't want to believe would happen.

Very bad timing. Part of an ongoing Vikings curse I suppose.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Yah, wish we would've traded him like I wanted earlier in the season.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer View Post
    It's too early to say he will never be what he was. I think Marshall Faulk, Terell Davis, Cadilac Williams, Deuce McCalister, Frank Gore, Jamal Lewis, Edjarin James, Willis McGahee and a few others have suffered what was considered to be devastating knee injuries and they came back.
    How many of them suffered that degree of injury and came back to a team that built the offense around them?

Yes, he will come back and play again but he will never be the AP you once saw and the AP that was worthy of a 100 Million dollar contract. He is now damaged goods who can be a bit player or a complimentary player but he will never be the most feared back in the NFL again. Sad but true.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast