Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Peterson has all the offseason motivation he'll need

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    In all honesty I can understand why some people feel that the kid has received more praise than he deserves.
    I think he'll be the special back that everyone else thinks he will, but perhaps we should let him get another year or two under his belt before we crown him?

There have been other rookies that blew the doors off the NFL when they arrived and then petered down to nothing early in their careers...albiet maybe not to the same extent as Peterson.
    Cadillac Williams anyone?

Look at their stats...
    Caddilac was used as a power back.
    He had almost 300 carries and a 4.1 yard per car average. He had never had to do that before in college. He had always been a split back.

Peterson had Just under 240 and a 5.6 average. peterson was used to being a primetime back and is not spliting carries. there situations are different. It's like comparing a Caddilac to a Ferrari(pun indented)
    Their games are just different.

funkyasflea is offline Pro-Bowler

There were plenty of holds during the regular season that were much worse than those and not called.
    Honestly, I don't see why there is discussion over this.
    Everyone knows taht holding happens all the time, its just wether or not the Ref sees it and if it is bad enough.
    There are always going to be missed holding calls on both sides of every single game ever played in the NFL since the beginning of it's existence

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    In all honesty I can understand why some people feel that the kid has received more praise than he deserves.
    I think he'll be the special back that everyone else thinks he will, but perhaps we should let him get another year or two under his belt before we crown him?

There have been other rookies that blew the doors off the NFL when they arrived and then petered down to nothing early in their careers...albiet maybe not to the same extent as Peterson.
    What did Cadillac do?
    why does everyon compare him look at his stats.

290 Carries
    1178 yards
    4.1 a carry
    6 tds

Peterson
    you cannot compare caddilac and ap with each other
    ap carried the load in oklahoma, caddiliac shared the ball his whole career with ronnie brown, that is why caddilac broke down

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

hx38596 is offline Pro-Bowler

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    Sometimes people don't understand my propensity to call Peyton Manning a Douche Bag.
    Reading his comments towards the end of the article makes him sound like a beeyatch as if to say, "i wanted to be the MVP, but they let AD play more than me."

Boo hoo Bucket Head, boo hoo.
    In Petyton Manning's defense...it really did look like holding...2 counts of holding at that.
    That's no defense... I contend that holding can be called on almost every play in every game.
    As a vet with multiple MVP honors, he should know that he sounds like a *** complaining about honors in an all star game.
    "Maybe Barber and Westbrook signed off on that...." what kind of statement is that?
    Yeah, he was saying that it was agreed upon by the backs to let 'the kid' AD take most of the carries and 'look good'.
    Manning is thinking he looked awesome and then sat and let others play.
    He was discounting as much AD and NFC as possible.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    Sometimes people don't understand my propensity to call Peyton Manning a Douche Bag.
    Reading his comments towards the end of the article makes him sound like a bitch as if to say, "i wanted to be the MVP, but they let AD play more than me."

Boo hoo Bucket Head, boo hoo.
    We play the AFC South this year, don't we? That Colts game should be a fun one. Hopefully someone tapes Manning's comments to AD's locker.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

He won the MVP fair and square! Who cares anyways, geez, if manning wants a Caddy CTS that bad, go buy one...or ten!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    He won the MVP fair and square! Who cares anyways, geez, if manning wants a Caddy CTS that bad, go buy one...or ten!
    Peyton is probably just pouty that his supposedly terrible QB brother beat the patriots in the superbowl this year and he didn't even win pro bowl MVP.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    What did Cadillac do?
    why does everyon compare him look at his stats.

290 Carries
    1178 yards
    4.1 a carry
    6 tds

Peterson
    you cannot compare caddilac and ap with each other
    ap carried the load in oklahoma, caddiliac shared the ball his whole career with ronnie brown, that is why caddilac broke down
    i was not comparing the two, they are obviously very different backs.

BloodyHorns had simply mentioned that there have been backs that have done excellent their rookie year then faded away, and I made mention to Cadillac Williams.
    Obviously he is nowhere near the level of talent that AD has, i was simply providing an example.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

AD is going to take the torch and keep it lighted all day
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

I'm sure the kids got his own motivation..

he sets his bar high even for himself. and i believe that his motivation, the coaching, and his understanding of the game will just improve and improve..

the bigger ? for the NFL players that are non-vikings should be..

how do we get an AD..

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast