Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Peterson has all the offseason motivation he'll need

[size=13pt]PETERSON HAS ALL THE OFFSEASON MOTIVATION HE’LL NEED[/size]
    Posted by Mike Florio on February 12, 2008, 9:11 a.m.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Peterson has all the offseason motivation he'll need

Sometimes people don't understand my propensity to call Peyton Manning a Douche Bag.
    Reading his comments towards the end of the article makes him sound like a bitch as if to say, "i wanted to be the MVP, but they let AD play more than me."

Boo hoo Bucket Head, boo hoo.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

In all honesty I can understand why some people feel that the kid has received more praise than he deserves.
    I think he'll be the special back that everyone else thinks he will, but perhaps we should let him get another year or two under his belt before we crown him?
    There have been other rookies that blew the doors off the NFL when they arrived and then petered down to nothing early in their careers...albiet maybe not to the same extent as Peterson.

Hopefully Peterson hears what others have been saying and uses it as motiviation...not that he really needs any, as the kid seems to go all out, All Day, all the time.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    Sometimes people don't understand my propensity to call Peyton Manning a Douche Bag.
    Reading his comments towards the end of the article makes him sound like a bitch as if to say, "i wanted to be the MVP, but they let AD play more than me."

In Petyton Manning's defense...it really did look like holding...2 counts of holding at that.

The holding was pretty blatent on that TD, but it was still a nice cut.
    Maybe he should have seen the holding and stopped until they were let go?

Didn't agree with this take by Manning:
    "It seemed like the NFC really featured him. I kind of feel for Barber and Westbrook" Manning said. "They really didn't get much action tonight. Maybe they signed off on that."
    Barber, the #3 back, had 6 carries.
    That's as many anybody on the AFC side.
    As for Westbrook, as far as I'm concerned he shouldn't have been anywhere near the field after he stood around and watched Ed Reed recover a fumble right at his feet.
    He did get in a bunch anyways, but more in passing situations.

Anyway, seems like Peterson is a self-motivated kind of guy.
    And all those quotes were just a bunch of Chargers players trying to stick up for their guy, who is a really good running back.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    In all honesty I can understand why some people feel that the kid has received more praise than he deserves.
    I think he'll be the special back that everyone else thinks he will, but perhaps we should let him get another year or two under his belt before we crown him?
    There have been other rookies that blew the doors off the NFL when they arrived and then petered down to nothing early in their careers...albiet maybe not to the same extent as Peterson.
    Cadillac Williams anyone?

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    Reading his comments towards the end of the article makes him sound like a beeyatch as if to say, "i wanted to be the MVP, but they let AD play more than me."

In Petyton Manning's defense...it really did look like holding...2 counts of holding at that.
    That's no defense... I contend that holding can be called on almost every play in every game.
    As a vet with multiple MVP honors, he should know that he sounds like a *** complaining about honors in an all star game.
    "Maybe Barber and Westbrook signed off on that...." what kind of statement is that?

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    Reading his comments towards the end of the article makes him sound like a beeyatch as if to say, "i wanted to be the MVP, but they let AD play more than me."

That's no defense... I contend that holding can be called on almost every play in every game.
    As a vet with multiple MVP honors, he should know that he sounds like a *** complaining about honors in an all star game. "Maybe Barber and Westbrook signed off on that...." what kind of statement is that?
    It really was.
    There were two blatant holds that had the game been in regular season, they would have been called.
    There's really no way anyone missed those holds, one by TO and a huge hold by Larry Fitz

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

The same type of lackluster efforts, holding, no blitzing, etc. was there for all of Manning's plays as well.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:

Cadillac Williams anyone?
    What did Cadillac do?
    why does everyon compare him look at his stats.

290 Carries
    1178 yards
    4.1 a carry
    6 tds

Peterson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast