Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 58 of 58
  1. #51
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re:Peterson Fumbles Away the #1 Seed

    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    SKOL wrote:
    I don't think it's coincidental that the fumble coincided perfectly with his head being turned 90 degrees by a facemask (that wasn't called).

    I also can't see why, when reviewing the play, the officials can't see something that obvious, and not only reverse the call, but call a penalty. Last night I was watching a Minnesota Wild game, and Andrew Brunette took a stick to the face, which the officials didnt see. The game paused for just a few seconds, and after a quick review they called a penalty on the Ducks. Obviously any such "challenges" would have to be initiated by the officials, not the coaches... I'm just sayin'.
    Were you been my friend.....?

    I still say, after watching it a few times, AD did nothing wrong. Just a great play by the LB'r.
    It's not about that specific play, it's about an RB that is touted as being one of the best and leads the league in fumbles. Consistently pulled out in key plays because he can't block worth a shit. Slowly getting better at coming out of the backfield. He isn't as great as some profess, maybe he will be someday, but, he is not now.
    Peterson is one of the best. He's 3rd in yards. 1st in TD's(17 of them).

    Fumbling has been a problem, but not a big enough problem to negate his greatness.

    Peterson is fumbling once every 50.83carries(57.83 if you count receptions). Other running backs are fumbling just as often.
    Matt Forte has fumbled once every 48.4 carries.
    Tim Hightower has fumbled once every 27.4 carries.
    Steve Slaton has fumbled once ever 26.2 carries.
    Frank Gore 51.5
    McFadden 24.75
    Turner 44.5

    This is right after a Peterson fumble, before that Peterson was fumbling once every 61 carries.
    Of course some think he's greater than he is, Others think he is not as great as he really is.
    Nice stats. Yes, some think he's greater than he is and some think he's not as great as he is and I think he is as great as he is, just not as great as the media portrays him. I think Chester Taylor would have had just as good of a year, better counting receptions, than AD has had. Either way the argument is a moot point. I would like to see Chester utilized more and if I was the HC he would be playing the whole Jints game.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  2. #52
    purpledoom's Avatar
    purpledoom is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    297

    Re:Peterson Fumbles Away the #1 Seed

    I don't remember the exact quote but I do remember Gruden commenting on how AD was having to run soooo violently just to pick up a couple of yards. That's the olines fault...and I'm Know once you get in that little place in your head coming back from it is hard. Putting all the blame on AD is absurd there is more than enough to go around. On top of all that the kid is what 24 years old? I know there are people on here who will say ya but. Still I know how I was at that age 10 feet tall and bullet proof...give him a little time to mature I still think he will be on of the greats.

  3. #53
    gamecocksbaseball31's Avatar
    gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,499

    Re:Peterson Fumbles Away the #1 Seed

    Coming into this season, many thought Favre was going to be the liability. However, AD is proving to be the liability and each week it is looking more like our identity has changed. Not because of the fact that we have an egotistical maniac running the show... Not at all actually. In all reality it is because we have a 3 time MVP running the show and our pass game is really our strength.

    Going into the Giants game and into the playoffs, I think we need to pass to open up the run. For those of you who disagree, that's fine by me. But look at the Bears game for instance. First few plays of the game they had 9-10 guys stacked in the box and AD gets stuffed. IMO, start Chester, come out with 3,4,5 WR sets, use the hurry up and get the defense moving and thinking. Bring in AD, run a screen, a quick pass to keep them thinking... Honestly, our best play of the first half was the first drive of the third down on Chester's draw.

    Favre is the backbone of this team, whether you want to admit it or not.

  4. #54
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re:Peterson Fumbles Away the #1 Seed

    Prophet wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    SKOL wrote:
    I don't think it's coincidental that the fumble coincided perfectly with his head being turned 90 degrees by a facemask (that wasn't called).

    I also can't see why, when reviewing the play, the officials can't see something that obvious, and not only reverse the call, but call a penalty. Last night I was watching a Minnesota Wild game, and Andrew Brunette took a stick to the face, which the officials didnt see. The game paused for just a few seconds, and after a quick review they called a penalty on the Ducks. Obviously any such "challenges" would have to be initiated by the officials, not the coaches... I'm just sayin'.
    Were you been my friend.....?

    I still say, after watching it a few times, AD did nothing wrong. Just a great play by the LB'r.
    It's not about that specific play, it's about an RB that is touted as being one of the best and leads the league in fumbles. Consistently pulled out in key plays because he can't block worth a shit. Slowly getting better at coming out of the backfield. He isn't as great as some profess, maybe he will be someday, but, he is not now.
    Peterson is one of the best. He's 3rd in yards. 1st in TD's(17 of them).

    Fumbling has been a problem, but not a big enough problem to negate his greatness.

    Peterson is fumbling once every 50.83carries(57.83 if you count receptions). Other running backs are fumbling just as often.
    Matt Forte has fumbled once every 48.4 carries.
    Tim Hightower has fumbled once every 27.4 carries.
    Steve Slaton has fumbled once ever 26.2 carries.
    Frank Gore 51.5
    McFadden 24.75
    Turner 44.5

    This is right after a Peterson fumble, before that Peterson was fumbling once every 61 carries.
    Of course some think he's greater than he is, Others think he is not as great as he really is.
    Nice stats. Yes, some think he's greater than he is and some think he's not as great as he is and I think he is as great as he is, just not as great as the media portrays him. I think Chester Taylor would have had just as good of a year, better counting receptions, than AD has had. Either way the argument is a moot point. I would like to see Chester utilized more and if I was the HC he would be playing the whole Jints game.
    Taylor over AD, no thanks.
    While Peterson is struggling so is Taylor. 3.7 yards per carry, and that's mostly on passing downs.
    Looking at the last 3 years Taylor has fumbled more per carry than peterson(Taylor once every 57.5, to Petersons once every 69.7 carries).
    In Petersons career with minnesota he has scored 39rushing TD on 906 carries, 23.23 attempts per TD.
    In Chestor taylors career with Minnesota he has scored 18TD on 648 carries, 36 attempts per TD.(looking at this year CT has just 1 TD on 87 attempts to Petersons 17 on 305 1:87 to 1:18.)

    Of course the media over hypes players, that is what they do. They need superstars to sell the game. Almost all NFL superstars are over rated by the media.

  5. #55
    purpledoom's Avatar
    purpledoom is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    297

    Re:Peterson Fumbles Away the #1 Seed

    gamecocksbaseball31 wrote:
    Coming into this season, many thought Favre was going to be the liability. However, AD is proving to be the liability and each week it is looking more like our identity has changed. Not because of the fact that we have an egotistical maniac running the show... Not at all actually. In all reality it is because we have a 3 time MVP running the show and our pass game is really our strength.

    Going into the Giants game and into the playoffs, I think we need to pass to open up the run. For those of you who disagree, that's fine by me. But look at the Bears game for instance. First few plays of the game they had 9-10 guys stacked in the box and AD gets stuffed. IMO, start Chester, come out with 3,4,5 WR sets, use the hurry up and get the defense moving and thinking. Bring in AD, run a screen, a quick pass to keep them thinking... Honestly, our best play of the first half was the first drive of the third down on Chester's draw.

    Favre is the backbone of this team, whether you want to admit it or not.
    Uh. I pretty much agree with most of what you say here. Except maybe AD being a "liability" persay. I still think you get the oline working like it should and get the pass going to open the run as you say he will be able to get more yards.

  6. #56
    SKOL's Avatar
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,735

    Re:Peterson Fumbles Away the #1 Seed

    Marrdro wrote:
    SKOL wrote:
    Were you been my friend.....?
    Just been busy lately... plus there's been a lot of profanity around these parts since the Universal Translator went off line, my sexy little pixie.

    The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

  7. #57
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re:Peterson Fumbles Away the #1 Seed

    gamecocksbaseball31 wrote:
    Coming into this season, many thought Favre was going to be the liability. However, AD is proving to be the liability and each week it is looking more like our identity has changed. Not because of the fact that we have an egotistical maniac running the show... Not at all actually. In all reality it is because we have a 3 time MVP running the show and our pass game is really our strength.

    Going into the Giants game and into the playoffs, I think we need to pass to open up the run. For those of you who disagree, that's fine by me. But look at the Bears game for instance. First few plays of the game they had 9-10 guys stacked in the box and AD gets stuffed. IMO, start Chester, come out with 3,4,5 WR sets, use the hurry up and get the defense moving and thinking. Bring in AD, run a screen, a quick pass to keep them thinking... Honestly, our best play of the first half was the first drive of the third down on Chester's draw.

    Favre is the backbone of this team, whether you want to admit it or not.
    Not that I disagree with you, but I look at it this way.....

    They need to do what it takes to exploit the other teams weakness.

    Lining up 2 TE's, a FB and a RB and trying to pound it at Harris is dumb. In that instance they should have come out with 3 wides, especially against a dinged secondary (3 DB's out) and attacked with the Noodle instead of the run.

    Now if they face a team that has shutdown corners and a weak DL, then you should attack it with the run and not the pass.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #58
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re:Peterson Fumbles Away the #1 Seed

    SKOL wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    SKOL wrote:
    Were you been my friend.....?
    Just been busy lately... plus there's been a lot of profanity around these parts since the Universal Translator went off line, my sexy little pixie.
    I am so glad the pixie thing is gone, but more glad the Farvish Friend thing is gone as well.

    Anyway, glad to see you back.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Similar Threads

  1. Peterson Wants Favre/Taking fumbles seriously
    By i_bleed_purple in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 06-22-2010, 09:35 AM
  2. Vikings are still in contention for the NFC's # 1 Seed.
    By kevoncox in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 188
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 11:14 AM
  3. Taylor's fumbles aren't seen as sign
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-27-2006, 03:15 AM
  4. Packers | Morency fumbles away job?
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-08-2006, 11:33 PM
  5. Daunte's Fumbles
    By audioghost in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 09-06-2005, 10:25 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •