Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    locuomotion is offline Training Camp

Re:Peterson Fumbles Away the #1 Seed

::Paging Tiki Barber:: (as previously stated)

Seriously though, lets get someone to come in during the off season and revamp the way he carries the ball. These fumbles come at the most inopportune time and they are painful!
    "You don't have to have a mullet to cut your sleeves off and be a bad ass." - Jared Allen
    www.hoverstad.com

thejck is offline Training Camp

Its quite simple. The guy is frustrated he hasnt had his usual way with defenses and running the ball. He is going to try harder to get more yards. Everyone on here keeps saying he is just one run away from breaking loose. Why would he give up on plays when all he has to do is break a few tackles and take it to the house. Fix our offense and his fumbles will decrease.

Brewtal is offline Starter

FAD- Fumbles All Day.

We all know FAD has potential to be great. Right now I see Tayler as the better running back. Of course you can't blame the loss only on FAD, but it was a huge factor.

I will place far more blame in the JackAss that is coaching the team. He is a complete joke, and I would rather have Mangini as a coach then that jackass.

AngloVike wrote:
    ...so far I haven't seen any mention of the inept game planning and play calling...
    Coaching. Offensive Coordinator Darrell Bevel may have been the key reason Brett Favre came out of retirement to join the Vikings, but his play calling may also be the key reason Favre regrets that decision. While Bevel did achieve a far better balance than he did in recent weeks, his vanilla “play calling for dummies” scheme was once again figured out by the defense. Bevel is obviously out of his depth and needs to return to the shallow end of the play calling pool. Maybe one of Eden Prairie’s opponents needs a quarterback coach. Defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier seemed to call the right plays, but still needs to share the blame for failing to prepare his players for the second straight week. The Vikings defense has coughed up 62 points over the last two games; hardly the type of play that upholds the tenant “defense wins championships”.
    I covered that, too. And, ESPN's Gene Wojciechowski blasts Chilly in his column today: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?id=4778470

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Mike Bullock wrote:
    AngloVike wrote:
    ...so far I haven't seen any mention of the inept game planning and play calling...
    Coaching. Offensive Coordinator Darrell Bevel may have been the key reason Brett Favre came out of retirement to join the Vikings, but his play calling may also be the key reason Favre regrets that decision. While Bevel did achieve a far better balance than he did in recent weeks, his vanilla “play calling for dummies” scheme was once again figured out by the defense. Bevel is obviously out of his depth and needs to return to the shallow end of the play calling pool. Maybe one of Eden Prairie’s opponents needs a quarterback coach. Defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier seemed to call the right plays, but still needs to share the blame for failing to prepare his players for the second straight week. The Vikings defense has coughed up 62 points over the last two games; hardly the type of play that upholds the tenant “defense wins championships”.
    I covered that, too. And, ESPN's Gene Wojciechowski blasts Chilly in his column today: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?id=4778470
    I saw that article... it's funny that professional sports writers are finally picking up on what I've been saying since day one. Slow bunch.

Now everybody knows Childress. He's the control freak in the puffy black coat and Elmer Fudd hat who created friction when it wasn't required and doubt before it actually existed. And because Childress couldn't keep his "stream of consciousness" (his words) to himself, the Vikings are now a purple puddle of chaos.

Since the Dec. 20 game at Carolina, when Childress clumsily told Brett Favre that he might bench him (even though Minnesota was leading by a point at the time), the Vikings' collapse has intensified. First came the 19-point loss to the Panthers, followed Monday night by a semi-stunning 36-30 overtime loss to the dreadful Chicago Bears.

If anyone deserves to be benched, it's Childress. He's the one who unnecessarily inserted a question mark into a team that used to have most of the answers.
    lol... Um, yeah. Childress is an awful coach, what else is new?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

swardsooner is offline Rookie

Up to the fumble I was thinking what a nice game AD was having...more positive yardage, and a little less negative yardage...pass receiving, pass blocking..THEN the fumble. I almost jumped thru my tv! I can only hope that this is a wake-up call for him prior to the play-offs.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Time to trade him. He is washed up.
    We're bringing purple back.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Mike Bullock wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Lets not just single AD out here...
    This is "Adrian Peterson's team", though, isn't it? If so, he should get the inordinate amount of blame for a screw up that counter balances all the glory when he performs to his potential, right?

And, if he, as the keystone, can't hang on to the ball at one of the most crucial points in the game, then why bother? If the team is built around a guy who would rather fight for two yards than do the smart thing and hang on to the ball what hope do guys like Brinkley, Asher Allen, Percy Harvin and the other youngsters have of turning it around?

It just boggles my mind.
    I hear ya my friend, but you got to remember, I believe that the game we all love is the ultimate "Team" sport.

No one player is to blame for failure or should garner props for success.

Go back in the game, you can find several times/instances/plays that could have turned the game to the point that we aren't in OT and AD doesn't even have the chance to fumble.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

XTAP59 wrote:
    It was a concerted effort. The entire team, from head coach on down to the players who are to blame for the loss last night. Not one play, or player.

But damn......
    Now thats a damn fine post right thar........

Just bumped you on the ole "Someone who gets it" spreadsheet. B)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    XTAP59 wrote:
    It was a concerted effort. The entire team, from head coach on down to the players who are to blame for the loss last night. Not one play, or player.

But damn......
    Now thats a damn fine post right thar........

Just bumped you on the ole "Someone who gets it" spreadsheet. B)
    All you have to do to move up the infamous spreadsheet is comment on the obvious, or, something that agrees with marrdro's twisted world.

Fuck Noodle.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast