Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Freya is offline Team Alumni

Re:Peterson Fumbles Away the #1 Seed

Marrdro wrote:
    Freya wrote:
    The game is in OT, sudden death, we have the ball, you have secured a first down...........This is when you take the hit like a man with both hands on the ball and quit fighting for more yardage. Protecting possession trumps 2 extra yards. Every time.
    Game time situational awareness is what it sounds like to me.......

Excellent post (as usual) young lady.
    Thanks, Darlin!
    I agree. AP tends to lose his focus on the immediate need at hand and tries to force the play beyond what is necessary.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Freya wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Freya wrote:
    The game is in OT, sudden death, we have the ball, you have secured a first down...........This is when you take the hit like a man with both hands on the ball and quit fighting for more yardage. Protecting possession trumps 2 extra yards. Every time.
    Game time situational awareness is what it sounds like to me.......

Excellent post (as usual) young lady.
    Thanks, Darlin!
    I agree. AP tends to lose his focus on the immediate need at hand and tries to force the play beyond what is necessary.
    Lets not just single AD out here. I am gonna split something if I see JA get caught up inside or pushed out deep on a obvious running play, especially when the OLB is coming on a blitz up the middle and that side is open.

He has to stay at home.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

6-KINGS is offline Asst. Coach

I Think it is time to split time between AP and Taylor 50/50.
    Something is wrong with AP. I watched him play in High School College and now with the Vikes. There is something wrong with him.

"VICTORY IS MINE!"

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Listen.. I think they need to work with AP and get his ball security under check.. and I think someone needs to get past his immaturity and pride.. and get him to understand some situational football... not every snap does he need to lower his shoulder and prove that he is the toughest cat on the block.. sometimes ball security trumps that extra yard or two..

But past that.. I think the title of the thread is a bum rap on the kid.. last time I checked last night.. AP wasn't on the offensive line or the defense that got lit up by whining Jay Cutler.. you lost by a complete team effort.. even if you QB doesn't think he could play any better. Last time I checked he wasn't perfect and coughed up the football in the first half as well..

Freya wrote:
    Absolutely.

Marrdro wrote:
    Lets not just single AD out here...
    This is "Adrian Peterson's team", though, isn't it? If so, he should get the inordinate amount of blame for a screw up that counter balances all the glory when he performs to his potential, right?

And, if he, as the keystone, can't hang on to the ball at one of the most crucial points in the game, then why bother? If the team is built around a guy who would rather fight for two yards than do the smart thing and hang on to the ball what hope do guys like Brinkley, Asher Allen, Percy Harvin and the other youngsters have of turning it around?

It just boggles my mind.

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler

Mike Bullock wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Lets not just single AD out here...
    This is "Adrian Peterson's team", though, isn't it? If so, he should get the inordinate amount of blame for a screw up that counter balances all the glory when he performs to his potential, right?

And, if he, as the keystone, can't hang on to the ball at one of the most crucial points in the game, then why bother? If the team is built around a guy who would rather fight for two yards than do the smart thing and hang on to the ball what hope do guys like Brinkley, Asher Allen, Percy Harvin and the other youngsters have of turning it around?

It just boggles my mind.
    Yes, AD coughed it up...but I can't blame him for losing the game. AD didn't give up huge kick/punt returns. AD didn't leave wide receiver open all over the field. AD didn't give Cutler all day to throw. AD, didn't get manhandled on the O-line. AD, didn't botch the snap on the extra point which would have been the winning point. There is a lot of blame to go around...He did rush the ball well last night. He did score two touchdowns. I can't say that Wingfield, McKinney, Loadholt, Herrera, Williams, Brinkley, Kluwe, Allen, Special Teams (kick coverage, extra point)did much of anything right.

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

It was a concerted effort. The entire team, from head coach on down to the players who are to blame for the loss last night. Not one play, or player.

But damn......

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

pack93z wrote:
    Listen.. I think they need to work with AP and get his ball security under check.. and I think someone needs to get past his immaturity and pride.. and get him to understand some situational football... not every snap does he need to lower his shoulder and prove that he is the toughest cat on the block.. sometimes ball security trumps that extra yard or two..

But past that.. I think the title of the thread is a bum rap on the kid.. last time I checked last night.. AP wasn't on the offensive line or the defense that got lit up by whining Jay Cutler.. you lost by a complete team effort.. even if you QB doesn't think he could play any better. Last time I checked he wasn't perfect and coughed up the football in the first half as well..
    +1
    and so far I haven't seen any mention of the inept game planning and play calling in the first half by our glorious HC. He's fast becoming the next re-incarnation of Denny Green, where the teams will manage to win division titles but sod all else.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Mike Bullock wrote:
    Freya wrote:
    Absolutely.
    the o-line is pretty bad.. with that said tho, it's been like this forever... 0, 1, 2, 5, -2, 1, 60... that's him M.O...

the o-line needs to step it up, but seriously, he was better his rookie year when he split carries with Chester.. you don't see chester getting those types of runs... he's more like 3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 15

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast