Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Peterson Fumbles Away the #1 Seed

http://www.realfootball365.com/articles/vikings/14697

On track for 95 career fumbles... and last nights was the third to the SAME GUY. :blink:

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: Peterson Fumbles Away the #1 Seed

He's becoming a huge liablilty.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Peterson Fumbles Away the #1 Seed

Mike Bullock wrote:
    http://www.realfootball365.com/articles/vikings/14697

On track for 95 career fumbles... and last nights was the third to the SAME GUY. :blink:
    Thanks for the read my friend.......

If nothing else, Peterson closed the door on any conversation about him being the best running back of all time. When you look at the list of NFL greats, none have come close to Peterson’s utter disregard for ball security.
    Not so sure I agree with your assesment. To be mentioned in teh same breath as Chuck Foreman, Tony D and Franko Harris is a good thing, even if it is related to fumbles I guess......

Career Fumbles Leaders

Even some of the greats had struggles early on in thier career....

Jim Brown

Does he have an issue? Sure. Can he work to overcome those issues and possibly be still considered one of the greats. Sure.

At least I'm not ready to give up on him yet.

Again, thanks for the read my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VKG4LFE wrote:
    I hear ya my friend, but couldn't the same be said of PL, STJ, Jasper, Sully, etc?

Inconsistency and errors will be the bane of all fans as they watch a team field young players.

AD has got better in the passing game. He still struggles with not giving up on plays and looses the ball. I still wouldn't trade that liability for anyone right now because of the prospects of what he can become as he gets more seasoned.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    VKG4LFE wrote:
    I hear ya my friend, but couldn't the same be said of PL, STJ, Jasper, Sully, etc?

Inconsistency and errors will be the bane of all fans as they watch a team field young players.

AD has got better in the passing game. He still struggles with not giving up on plays and looses the ball. I still wouldn't trade that liability for anyone right now because of the prospects of what he can become as he gets more seasoned.

Yeah, I won't go as far as to say AD's a liability...but he sure does lose a lot of fumbles at critical times.

Walter Payton also had a lot of fumbles (86), and he wasn't too shabby.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

VikingMike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    VKG4LFE wrote:

Yeah, I won't go as far as to say AD's a liability...but he sure does lose a lot of fumbles at critical times.

Walter Payton also had a lot of fumbles (86), and he wasn't too shabby.
    LOL, its is pretty funny when one thinks about it though, with respect to fans and the patience they have or don't have for players and mistakes.

Who is really good with facts on here......How many games has AD really lost us as apposed to how many he has actually won for us.

Bet it is a lopsided stat.

Thanks, Marrdo.

I just can't grasp how everyone knew it was a big issue last season, and this year nothing has changed. In fact, it's obviously worse when opposing players know to go for the ball instead of trying to tackle him as an easy way to pad their "forced fumble" stats...

If Tiki Barber could fix his fumblitis, why can't AP?

Mike Bullock wrote:
    Thanks, Marrdo.

I just can't grasp how everyone knew it was a big issue last season, and this year nothing has changed. In fact, it's obviously worse when opposing players know to go for the ball instead of trying to tackle him as an easy way to pad their "forced fumble" stats...

If Tiki Barber could fix his fumblitis, why can't AP?
    Who is to say AD can't. Lets not forget how long it to Tiki to get it right.

My guess is that because the Chiller has a new contract, something will have to change at the lower levels of his staff......A few that I believe might be on the hot seat....

RB Coach (Maybe someone else can teach AD how to hang onto the ball, but I think it is deeper than just that. I think someone needs to teach AD the concept of the game and the types of situations that happen during the flow of the game)
    DL Coach (Absolutely no reason that this line can't get to the QB)
    OL Coach (Might get a bit of slack. Plugging 2 bodies into the ZB scheme can cause problems.)
    D-Coord (I don't think he understands the Cover 2 Concept)
    O-Coord (I am a bit concerned that Bevell, because of his relationship with the Noodle, isn't going anywhere if the Noodle comes back).
    ST's Coord (He might get one more season as the ST's have been alot better this year in most cases)

Freya is offline Team Alumni

The game is in OT, sudden death, we have the ball, you have secured a first down...........This is when you take the hit like a man with both hands on the ball and quit fighting for more yardage. Protecting possession trumps 2 extra yards. Every time.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Freya wrote:
    The game is in OT, sudden death, we have the ball, you have secured a first down...........This is when you take the hit like a man with both hands on the ball and quit fighting for more yardage. Protecting possession trumps 2 extra yards. Every time.
    Game time situational awareness is what it sounds like to me.......

Excellent post (as usual) young lady.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast