Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44
  1. #21
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Peterson Dropped the ball at the 1

    I heard the only reason they called it a TD when he didn't cross the plane was because Jessica Simpson had a voodoo doll made of Romo and caused him to falter against the Iggles.
    This was all funded by Wilf because he wanted the Iggles being hosted by the Vikings in the playoffs.
    I can't seem to find the link.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  2. #22
    SharperImage's Avatar
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,728

    Re: Peterson Dropped the ball at the 1

    Hope chilly is making him carry the ball around again.

  3. #23
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Peterson Dropped the ball at the 1

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    It's nothing more than the angle at which you are watching it from. He was over the line before tossing the ball over his shoulder.

    If he had chucked that ball over his shoulder at the 1, it would have fell to the ground at the 2 or 3 YL. What id did was fall to the ground about 4 yards deep into the endzone.

    Watch it again & pay attention to where the ball lands. It lands on the top right corner of the "S" in VIKINGS.

    Then I'd like for you to explain your "magic ball" theory of how that happened if he dropped it at the 1.
    Simple, Newtons first law of physics.
    If an object is moving, it will not slow down or change directions unless another force makes it.
    The ball had forward momentum, because peterson was running with it, if he throws it straight up, it will sill go forwards, as well as up.
    Try it yourself, run full speed, then throw a ball straight up, i bet it will land past the point that you threw it.

    If you need more proof, here's a pic, its not great quality, but you can see him tossing the ball as he's very close to the goalline.
    I remember rewatching that replay about 8 times, because i thought he threw it before he crossed the line too, it was hard to tell with the angle given, but it looked very close.
    From that angle you cannot tell if he is over the line or not.
    I rewatched it several times as well, and I cannot agree that he tossed it before crossing the goal line.

    It was close, and he needs to just keep it.
    But IMHO it is about 95% certain that he crossed the plane first.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #24
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Peterson Dropped the ball at the 1

    I remember thinking that he dropped the ball before scoring as well. Too close to call. The fact we are discussing this topic means that it was a bad move. We lucked out because a challenge would have caused lots of unnecessary heartache for all us fans.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  5. #25
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Peterson Dropped the ball at the 1

    "V" wrote:
    I remember thinking that he dropped the ball before scoring as well. Too close to call. The fact we are discussing this topic means that it was a bad move. We lucked out because a challenge would have caused lots of unnecessary heartache for all us fans.
    Exactly.
    Luckily I don't think there was enough evidence to overturn the TD but I've seen stranger things overturned.
    Point is AP needs to be more careful.

  6. #26
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Peterson Dropped the ball at the 1

    "midgensa" wrote:
    He was in the end zone ... I don't even think it really looks close ... that angle just looks a little funny.
    Also ... even if he may not have been ... a Giant did not recover it ... so at worst it would be our ball on the one.
    Wouldn't it be a touchback and the Giants' ball on the 20? I thought if a guy fumbles it out of the endzone it's the opposing team's ball?

    I rewound it a few times and watched it. It is really close, but I think he may have tossed it before he got in.

    I was surprised that the announcers didn't say anything about it.

    Even if it were challenged, I don't think there is indisputable evidence to overturn it.



  7. #27
    Eldin is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    31

    Re: Peterson Dropped the ball at the 1

    It's not the first time he's done that celebration.
    I think it would be much better if he wouldn't.
    It's unnecessary and foolish to tempt fate that way.


  8. #28
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Peterson Dropped the ball at the 1

    "Eldin" wrote:
    It's not the first time he's done that celebration.
    I think it would be much better if he wouldn't.
    It's unnecessary and foolish to tempt fate that way.

    Why?
    It's not like he has a reputation for fumbling....oh, wait....
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  9. #29
    josdin00's Avatar
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,619

    Re: Peterson Dropped the ball at the 1

    "Ltrey" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    He was in the end zone ... I don't even think it really looks close ... that angle just looks a little funny.
    Also ... even if he may not have been ... a Giant did not recover it ... so at worst it would be our ball on the one.
    Wouldn't it be a touchback and the Giants' ball on the 20? I thought if a guy fumbles it out of the endzone it's the opposing team's ball?

    I rewound it a few times and watched it. It is really close, but I think he may have tossed it before he got in.

    I was surprised that the announcers didn't say anything about it.

    Even if it were challenged, I don't think there is indisputable evidence to overturn it.
    Correct. If an offense fumbles the ball out of bounds from the endzone, it is a touchback for the other team.

  10. #30
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Peterson Dropped the ball at the 1

    When I saw that I was waiting for a player of the Giants to come up and pick it up and down it

    I thought he dropped it at the one.. It was too close to tell

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Peterson needs to learn how to hold onto the damn ball!!
    By mamaluke in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 12-31-2008, 07:58 AM
  2. Foreman says give Peterson the ball more.
    By tastywaves in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-27-2007, 08:52 PM
  3. Vikings game ball: Adrian Peterson
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-11-2007, 06:22 AM
  4. NFL Network dropped
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-28-2006, 04:34 PM
  5. Packers dropped from league!
    By Prophet in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-13-2006, 09:44 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •