Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 65 of 65
  1. #61
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Peterson could be next Moss for Vikings

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    The only similarity I see so far is they both brought in an army of crotch sniffers.
    I am fine with the influx of new purple fans.
    Everybody has to start sometime.
    So am I, but, get real.
    If someone becomes a Vikings fan because of one player they are automatically suspect for being a crotch sniffer.
    That much should be obvious.
    Nah, if they follow a player from one NFL team to another, they raise red flags in my mind.
    But going from the college level to NFL in OK with me.
    Especially when the college and most of the fans are in a state that doesn't have it's own NFL team.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #62
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Peterson could be next Moss for Vikings

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    The only similarity I see so far is they both brought in an army of crotch sniffers.
    I am fine with the influx of new purple fans.
    Everybody has to start sometime.
    So am I, but, get real.
    If someone becomes a Vikings fan because of one player they are automatically suspect for being a crotch sniffer.
    That much should be obvious.
    Nah, if they follow a player from one NFL team to another, they raise red flags in my mind.
    But going from the college level to NFL in OK with me.
    Especially when the college and most of the fans are in a state that doesn't have it's own NFL team.
    None are deemed sniffers yet, but I guarantee a few will emerge.
    Just watch.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  3. #63
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Peterson could be next Moss for Vikings

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    The only similarity I see so far is they both brought in an army of crotch sniffers.
    I am fine with the influx of new purple fans.
    Everybody has to start sometime.
    So am I, but, get real.
    If someone becomes a Vikings fan because of one player they are automatically suspect for being a crotch sniffer.
    That much should be obvious.
    Nah, if they follow a player from one NFL team to another, they raise red flags in my mind.
    But going from the college level to NFL in OK with me.
    Especially when the college and most of the fans are in a state that doesn't have it's own NFL team.
    None are deemed sniffers yet, but I guarantee a few will emerge.
    Just watch.
    True.
    In fact I would bet that a decent percentage will end up being sniffers.
    But in a time of waning fan support I just don't want to alienate the largest contingent of new fans just because they may end up sniffing crotch.

    sidenote: Man, I don't know WTF is up with me today.
    I am being pretty damn empathetic to the AD fans lately.
    I think my excitement for the upcoming season has caused me to put my purple blinders on earlier than normal... ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #64
    Del Rio is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    881

    Re: Peterson could be next Moss for Vikings

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=Prophet link=topic=34100.msg578245#msg578245 date=1178808069]
    The only similarity I see so far is they both brought in an army of crotch sniffers.
    I am fine with the influx of new purple fans.
    Everybody has to start sometime.
    So am I, but, get real.
    If someone becomes a Vikings fan because of one player they are automatically suspect for being a crotch sniffer.
    That much should be obvious.
    Nah, if they follow a player from one NFL team to another, they raise red flags in my mind.
    But going from the college level to NFL in OK with me.
    Especially when the college and most of the fans are in a state that doesn't have it's own NFL team.
    None are deemed sniffers yet, but I guarantee a few will emerge.
    Just watch.
    True.
    In fact I would bet that a decent percentage will end up being sniffers.
    But in a time of waning fan support I just don't want to alienate the largest contingent of new fans just because they may end up sniffing crotch.

    sidenote: Man, I don't know WTF is up with me today.
    I am being pretty damn empathetic to the AD fans lately.
    I think my excitement for the upcoming season has caused me to put my purple blinders on earlier than normal... ;D
    [/quote]

    Someone has to play the role of logical thinker here today might as well be you.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

    My posts are worth 6 of yours.

  5. #65
    ForceOfNorse's Avatar
    ForceOfNorse is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    275

    Re: Peterson could be next Moss for Vikings

    "grpape" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Bollinger did the best job of ANY of our QB's last year the short time he played before being injured. He had some snap on his passes and looked sharp. I don't expect him to start all season but I think he will start the first four games or so.
    I think people only have the three straight sacks his first series. He did do much better the second series, and third series (I believe he put points up both times). I too think that bollinger looked good taking the ofense right down the field. Then he got hurt. If not, I think he would have done well. Brooks just might (and I think so) beat out TJ.
    Brooks DID put points up on both of those series.
    And he looked great!
    TJ was trying to hard to stay in the pocket many times last year.
    In the preseason, he just let it all hang out, and used his physical gifts.
    However, I really like both guys, and hope the best QB gets the job.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Similar Threads

  1. Time for Vikings & Peterson to Figure Out Peterson
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 09-16-2010, 05:09 PM
  2. Vikings' Peterson will be even better
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 08-14-2008, 08:05 AM
  3. Vikings Got Greatness in Peterson
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 07:19 AM
  4. Childress needs Peterson to become his Randy Moss
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 07:14 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •