Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Peterson compared to NFL's greatest

    Peterson compared to NFL's greatest

    Paul Wiggin went up to Adrian Peterson on Monday morning, shook his hand, congratulated him on Sunday's performance and compared him to the man he still considers the greatest running back in NFL history.

    Peterson compared to NFL's greatest | StarTribune.com

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Some people here will never consider him to be one of the greatest, until he gets a ring.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #3
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,496
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Some people here will never consider him to be one of the greatest, until he gets a ring.
    I remember a couple years ago you tried to argue that Deangelo Williams was the best RB in the league. Ha.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  4. #4
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    I remember a couple years ago you tried to argue that Deangelo Williams was the best RB in the league. Ha.
    Yup. It was 2008 as a matter of fact. At the time of that discussion DeAngelo was better. You're going to have a hard time convincing me otherwise.

    In 2008, AD had a couple of hundred more yards, but that was it. DeAngelo had almost twice as many TD's as AD & had 0 fumbles while AD had 9 fumbles. Count them 9.

    DeAngelo also had 2 receiving TD's to AD's 0.

    That year AD couldn't hang on to the ball, he also couldn't block worth a shit & had trouble catching a ball. I lost track of how many ducks he dropped that year.

    A good RB has to be able to do all 4 of those things well, in 2008 he only did one well & that was run.

    There was no trying to argue about it. It was fact.

    Good luck trying to prove otherwise. HA!

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #5
    shockzilla's Avatar
    shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    6,204
    Blog Entries
    29
    Boy you guys argue and bicker over the stupidest things sometimes.

  6. #6
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,496
    I'm not arguing anything... and Singer, that opinion is laughable.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  7. #7
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    I'm not arguing anything... and Singer, that opinion is laughable.
    How do you figure? You have absolutely nothing to back your statement up.

    What's laughable is thinking all a RB job is to do is to run & the RB with the most yards at the end of a season is the best. That's what's laughable.

    Do you feel scoring 10 TD's is better than scoring 20?

    Do you feel fumbling 9 times is better than not fumbling at all?

    Do you feel that averaging 4.8YPC is better than averaging 5.5YPC?

    Do you believe getting 1st downs on 22.1% of your carries is better than getting 1st downs on 24.2% of your carries?

    LOL! You must, if you feel AD was a better RB in 2008 than Williams.

    The only thing AD had more of was more total yards & that's only because he had 90 more carries than DW.

    Still waiting on how you feel AD was the better back.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #8
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,311
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Some people here will never consider him to be one of the greatest, until he gets a ring.
    Really? In a sport with rosters full of 54 players, you would say that? So, Barry Sanders is not one of the greatest? Eric Dickerson not one of the greatest? O.J. Simpson? Ladanian Tomlinson? You're right ... none of them are as good as Roger Craig because he has three rings!

    How did you consider DeAngelo Williams the best back in the league without a ring?

    You just like to bash on AD for whatever reason. Fantastic. Keep doing it and looking silly. You clearly never have a problem with looking silly.

    And just because DeAngelo Williams was better statistically than AD in 2008 does not make him a better running back, it makes him statistically better for that season. Daunte Culpepper was NEVER a better quarterback than Tom Brady, but he statistically had some better seasons. It is completely silly to say someone is better because they were better that season, it simply means they had better numbers for a season.

  9. #9
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    How do you figure? You have absolutely nothing to back your statement up.

    What's laughable is thinking all a RB job is to do is to run & the RB with the most yards at the end of a season is the best. That's what's laughable.

    Do you feel scoring 10 TD's is better than scoring 20?

    Do you feel fumbling 9 times is better than not fumbling at all?

    Do you feel that averaging 4.8YPC is better than averaging 5.5YPC?

    Do you believe getting 1st downs on 22.1% of your carries is better than getting 1st downs on 24.2% of your carries?

    LOL! You must, if you feel AD was a better RB in 2008 than Williams.

    The only thing AD had more of was more total yards & that's only because he had 90 more carries than DW.

    Still waiting on how you feel AD was the better back.
    I agree Williams had a better season statistically in 2008. But that means very little. Last year 4 or 5 guys arguably had statistically better seasons than Peterson, but you and I watched Peterson run. He was awesome last season. More times than I can count he made something out of nothing. Sheer force of will and amazing talent gained him a large portion of his yardage. How many backs can you say that about?

    Peterson has unrivaled talent at RB. In 08 he was playing in an offense that garnered zero respect from defenses. He was all we had that year.

    Williams was one of two very good running backs. The #2 back ran for over 800 yards on a team that had a respectable QB(at the time Delhomme was solid) and two 1,000 yard receivers in Muhsin Muhammad and Steve Smith.

    DeAngelo Williams was never a better back than Adrian Peterson. Not in high school, not in college, not in the NFL. I don't know about pre-high school ball, but I wouldn't wager against Peterson then either.
    Last edited by Mr Anderson; 10-12-2011 at 09:34 PM.

  10. #10
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    That season was an anomaly.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •