Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Peterson cashing in on big season

[size=13pt]Vikings' Peterson cashing in on big season[/size]

By Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune

Last update: October 17, 2007 – 8:59 PM

Adrian Peterson stands to earn far more than notoriety from the fast start to his NFL career. Only five games into his rookie year, the running back is well on his way to netting an additional $2.7 million for 2007 to go along with the $1.54 million he is guaranteed.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Peterson cashing in on big season

Two incentives included for this year are very attainable. The first is a payment of $2.45 million if Peterson rushes for 701 yards and participates in 45 percent of the Vikings' total offensive plays.
    Hmmmm! Interesting nugget. All the more reason for the Vikings having AD split time with Taylor.

This will be an interesting one to keep tabs on, especially with 4th down punting situations being offensive plays as well as receiving kick-offs.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

And soon the Viking nation will be capitalizing on him as we become contenders. Adrian has worked hard and deserves everything he gets.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

POSTED 9:09 a.m. EDT, October 18, 2007

PETERSON RUNNING FOR THE MONEY
    pft.com

Vikings rookie phenom Adrian Peterson is making a name for himself in the NFL.
    He's also poised to make a lot of money.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network points out that Peterson will pocket an extra $250,000 if he's named the NFL offensive rookie of the year.
    With 607 yards rushing in only five career games, he's well on his way to the prize.

Schefter reports that Peterson will get another $250,000 if he wins the league MVP award.
    But that's a taller order, as we see it.
    Though running backs LaDainian Tomlinson and Shaun Alexander have taken the honors in 2006 and 2005, respectively, via campaigns in which each set the single-season touchdown record, Pats quarterback Tom Brady currently has the inside track to the MVP award.

But even though the extra bump for winning the MVP award seems to be a longer shot, Peterson's strong performance is putting him in line for more money down the road.

As we reported after Peterson signed with the Vikings in late July, the base value of his contract is $24.75 million over five years, if he rushes for 1,000 yards in a season only one time.
    He's 393 yards from making that happen.

If he rushes for 1,300 yards only once, the base value will be $28 million over five years.
    If he does so twice, the number will be more than $30 million.

The high-end value of the deal -- $40 million over five years -- requires some "super high-end stuff."
    But since we've seen "super high-end stuff" from Peterson thus far, we're not ruling anything out at this point.

By the way, Peterson currently is on pace to run for 1,942 yards.
    And he's not even the starter.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

Now we must all hope that he is the high-class dude we think he is.

Otherwise this easily could all go to his head.
    -Sno

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I love how the writers watch TV and then write their stories.
    Let Schefter do most of the work then expound a tiny bit.
    I guess every idea can't be original.

The one thing that can confuse a young player is, "why are they holding me back?" mentality.
    They don't want me to make the money!

I don't believe that but I think it might be construed that way when we keep referring to him as the No.2 RB.

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

If anyone thinks He makes extra yards just for the money your kidding yourself, Right now , this year he came in wanting to see how he compares to the greats he has been watching. He has been dreaming about being a star in the NFL since he first put a set of pads on...This Is his DREAM...He wants this...He Lives for this

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

"soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    If anyone thinks He makes extra yards just for the money your kidding yourself, Right now , this year he came in wanting to see how he compares to the greats he has been watching. He has been dreaming about being a star in the NFL since he first put a set of pads on...This Is his DREAM...He wants this...He Lives for this
    I agree sooner...the guy has always wanted this...I can tell...he runs hard every down...and money is not an issue to him...at least he's made it clear with that because of his rookie contract

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

This guy becomes my hero more and more everyday.

Bring us a ring and we will build you a statue!

hx38596 is offline Pro-Bowler

"soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    LOL...
    now that's funny.
    Typical dumb okie for ya.
    I don't guess you remember the 3 day hold out at training camp when AD was demanding more money??
    Slipped by ya there, huh?
    Oh, and his pops just got out of the pokey last year for money laundrying for drug dealers. Don't let the nice grin and 'Aw shucks" smoothness fool you.
    He's running for cash.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast