Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    swardsooner is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    120

    Re:Peterson: Apt Pupil

    The possibility of AD "tipping off" the opposition became a real concern for me last year. I don't recall another back getting hit so frequently behind the line! How the heck did he get as many yards as he did just fighting to get to the line of scrimmage almost every play?

    Sometimes on closeups of his face during a snap count I wondered if it was as simple as watching his eyes...they are WIDE open and looking to specific areas. Maybe he needs to low-key his glare and hide the direction the play's going. I would hope it's as simple as that, but probably not.

  2. #22
    soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    357

    Re:Peterson: Apt Pupil

    probably why LT wore the shield as to not give away anything with your eyes

  3. #23
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re:Peterson: Apt Pupil

    soonerbornNbred wrote:
    probably why LT wore the shield as to not give away anything with your eyes
    Oh no, that was strictly for an eye condition. No way a pro athlete would try to gain an unfair competetive advantage.

    Now if Peterson were to develop an eye condition...

  4. #24
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re:Peterson: Apt Pupil

    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    V4L wrote:
    I've paid attention to how many yards back he lines up when he runs as opposed to staying in on passing downs

    But I hadn't heard of anything about his first 2 steps tipping a D.. Sounds like a legitimate claim to me

    He seemed to get stuffed in the backfield damn near every other run
    but its clearly his own fault, I mean the holes are there... right? How else woudl all those defenders rush through and hit him in the backfield? He needs to be more patient and wait for plays to develop.

    [size=1pt]</sarcasm>[/size]
    Sarcasm my ass.

    Why don't you just admit that you don't agree with the whole "two step" approach the coach (and every other coach in the league teaches) because you think all AD has to do at this level is just run hard.

    Heck, while your at it, why don't you just come out and say that AD got his 1400 last year despite the OL, only because he runs hard.

    LOL.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #25
    gagarr's Avatar
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,411

    Re:Peterson: Apt Pupil

    12purplepride28 wrote:
    I didn't like this video at all. It seemed very awkward. I have no problem with Bienemy and our other coaches ripping him apart, but not for the whole world to see. It just seemed like an inappropriate time to show him how much better CJ was then him and just breaking down his performance in such a brutal way.
    I'm sure that AD knew what Bienemy was going to do. He knew the camera was there. I'm pretty sure that AD could also say, "I don't want to be part of this" and they would back off. IMO what it show is AD is trying to get better and is willing to listen. That to be the best you must watch what aspects of other players do better.

    AD has alot to learn and Bienemy must think the best way to teach him is to play bad cop. Bevell may be the good cop.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

  6. #26
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re:Peterson: Apt Pupil

    swardsooner wrote:
    The possibility of AD "tipping off" the opposition became a real concern for me last year. I don't recall another back getting hit so frequently behind the line! How the heck did he get as many yards as he did just fighting to get to the line of scrimmage almost every play?

    Sometimes on closeups of his face during a snap count I wondered if it was as simple as watching his eyes...they are WIDE open and looking to specific areas. Maybe he needs to low-key his glare and hide the direction the play's going. I would hope it's as simple as that, but probably not.

    It's possible

    I know for sure they key in when he lines up 7 yards back as opposed to 5

    Mix in the run run pass punt Chilly KOA and you got a running game you can key on

    I like our line and think they will be better next year with the 2 young bucks getting great experience.. and our 2 guards coming back strong from injury.. I think that'll help out because they couldn't pick up the blitz to save thier lives

  7. #27
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re:Peterson: Apt Pupil

    V4L wrote:
    swardsooner wrote:
    The possibility of AD "tipping off" the opposition became a real concern for me last year. I don't recall another back getting hit so frequently behind the line! How the heck did he get as many yards as he did just fighting to get to the line of scrimmage almost every play?

    Sometimes on closeups of his face during a snap count I wondered if it was as simple as watching his eyes...they are WIDE open and looking to specific areas. Maybe he needs to low-key his glare and hide the direction the play's going. I would hope it's as simple as that, but probably not.

    It's possible

    I know for sure they key in when he lines up 7 yards back as opposed to 5

    Mix in the run run pass punt Chilly KOA and you got a running game you can key on

    I like our line and think they will be better next year with the 2 young bucks getting great experience.. and our 2 guards coming back strong from injury.. I think that'll help out because they couldn't pick up the blitz to save thier lives
    The 5 yard/7 yard thing is a myth. Watch any team with a back that runs like AD and you will see them do the very same thing.

    I think the stuff Theenimy was talking about (his first two steps) are probably what tips people if anything.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #28
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re:Peterson: Apt Pupil

    Marrdro wrote:
    V4L wrote:
    swardsooner wrote:
    The possibility of AD "tipping off" the opposition became a real concern for me last year. I don't recall another back getting hit so frequently behind the line! How the heck did he get as many yards as he did just fighting to get to the line of scrimmage almost every play?

    Sometimes on closeups of his face during a snap count I wondered if it was as simple as watching his eyes...they are WIDE open and looking to specific areas. Maybe he needs to low-key his glare and hide the direction the play's going. I would hope it's as simple as that, but probably not.

    It's possible

    I know for sure they key in when he lines up 7 yards back as opposed to 5

    Mix in the run run pass punt Chilly KOA and you got a running game you can key on

    I like our line and think they will be better next year with the 2 young bucks getting great experience.. and our 2 guards coming back strong from injury.. I think that'll help out because they couldn't pick up the blitz to save thier lives
    The 5 yard/7 yard thing is a myth. Watch any team with a back that runs like AD and you will see them do the very same thing.

    I think the stuff Theenimy was talking about (his first two steps) are probably what tips people if anything.

    When 80 percent of the time you rush on 1st and 2nd down

    And you line up 7 yards back EVERY SINGLE time you run you are in a tough spot

    It's the NFL they pick up tendencies.. The 2 step thing probably adds to it as well

    I was merely pointing out another "tip" the D picks up on

  9. #29
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re:Peterson: Apt Pupil

    He hits the hole hard.. No one has ever denied that.. This really ins't anything new and Marrdro is jumping for joy over this

    If you actually look in depth and not just some video of a coach breaking down some film you would also see the o-line not getting on the correct guys.. The FB not blocking anybody

    The o-line sticking on the first line.. Etc

    There's nothing to prove in this thread.. If anything it shows that the o-line is young and isn't in sync with Adrian and isn't used to his fast pace game

    Watch CJ highlights.. He ALWAYS has a hole on the line to run through.. Adrian.. Not so much

    And no im not trying to stick up for him.. Yes he has issues.. But this is simply what happens with every group and every player.. You break down film

  10. #30
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re:Peterson: Apt Pupil

    Sorry for 3 posts in a row as well

    But the 2 step thing isn't why he is stuffed in the backfield more times then not.. That is obvious blocking issues

    If he slows down his steps he's in the backfield even longer.. Therefore allowing more time for the blitzers to reach him..

    He's used to his ability to hit a hole and work on the other levels.. Last year although he had a good year.. Didn't have the holes he had before with Birk and more experienced lineman

    The line should be healthy next year.. Takes a year or so to recover full from some of the injuries they had.. Takes a bit for kids like John and Phil to get comfortable to the NFL strength and speed..

    Next year I don't think there will be as many yards left on the field

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Time for Vikings & Peterson to Figure Out Peterson
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 09-16-2010, 05:09 PM
  2. Peterson preaches patience - Trying times for Peterson
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 12:26 PM
  3. Peterson ?
    By StillPurple in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 08-28-2008, 07:53 AM
  4. New Peterson sig MY BEST
    By VikesFan787 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-19-2008, 10:23 PM
  5. Peterson should be used more?
    By cajunvike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 158
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 07:06 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •