Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Peterson: Apt Pupil

Exclusive: Apt pupil

Some good stuff here. Eric Bieniemy watches video with AD and speaks about getting in sync with the O-line.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Re:Peterson: Apt Pupil

VikingMike wrote:
    Exclusive: Apt pupil

Some good stuff here. Eric Bieniemy watches video with AD and speaks about getting in sync with the O-line.
    Hope AD can take a break from ADD to look through Eric's season worth of cutups. When you watch the ZB in slow mo, you can see the difficulty for a RB in understanding how to read and make the right breaks. There's a lot of lateral flow that that requires a fair amount of adjustment for the brain.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I watched this piece with mild interest last night, hearkening back to a few threads were some chucklehead was trying to convince our PPO family that AD just needs to let the OL set up the blocks.

Theenemy sure was hammering that point home. Loved how he emphasised how important the first 2 steps were with respect to setting those blocks up and how he used a certain RB from TN as an example of how to do it the right way.

Good stuff.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    I watched this piece with mild interest last night, hearkening back to a few threads were some chucklehead was trying to convince our PPO family that AD just needs to let the OL set up the blocks.

Theenemy sure was hammering that point home. Loved how he emphasised how important the first 2 steps were with respect to setting those blocks up and how he used a certain RB from TN as an example of how to do it the right way.

Good stuff.....
    yes... and Bienemy has been nothing but outstanding as a coach thus far.....

Watch it for yourself. CJ takes the ball, finds a hole and hits it hard for a decent gain. He doesn't wait around in the backfield for something to develop.

I think everyone from Viking Fans, to other teams fans to analysist will tell you our run blocking was lacking last season.

I liked the coaching points on what AD needs to do better as well as saying for most backs 1300 yards is good but for us its s***ty. Classic!

Watching CJ from Tennessee I thought was also good as it reinforces how to set up the run better.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Good stuff.....
    yes... and Bienemy has been nothing but outstanding as a coach thus far.....

Watch it for yourself. CJ takes the ball, finds a hole and hits it hard for a decent gain. He doesn't wait around in the backfield for something to develop.

I think everyone from Viking Fans, to other teams fans to analysist will tell you our run blocking was lacking last season.
    I think you missunderstand the concept behind the "First two steps" that Theenimy is trying to teach.

It isn't like he is standing around back there. He is actually taking steps by design that help the OL set up thier blocks.

Watch it again in that light. On a side note, I liked the way they made it so we couldn't actually see the tape they were showing.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

slavinator wrote:
    ....snip....Watching CJ from Tennessee I thought was also good as it reinforces how to set up the run better.
    Exactly. "How to setup the run. Not just run......

Excellent post my friend.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I'm curious to hear your explanation for this then:

2007: Rookie year. Peterson bursts onto the scene, putting up over 6 ypc to start, and massive yards, on pace to break ED's rookie record, and maybe even all-time rushing record. Made a living taking the ball and running like hell.

Gets hurt, comes back slower and misses.

Biggest knock on him, was lack of patience, and it would be emphasized in the offseason.

2008: He's more patient, puts up more yards, but has a lower ypc and ypg. Still not 'patient' enough,

2009: After being told he needs to be more patient yet again, he puts up more TD's, but fewer yards, and an even lower ypc average.

Seems after all the work he's put in getting 'patient', his average and production has been down. To the point where some people even think he's 'washed up'.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    I'm curious to hear your explanation for this then:

2007: Rookie year. Peterson bursts onto the scene, putting up over 6 ypc to start, and massive yards, on pace to break ED's rookie record, and maybe even all-time rushing record. Made a living taking the ball and running like hell.

Gets hurt, comes back slower and misses.

Biggest knock on him, was lack of patience, and it would be emphasized in the offseason.

2008: He's more patient, puts up more yards, but has a lower ypc and ypg. Still not 'patient' enough,

2009: After being told he needs to be more patient yet again, he puts up more TD's, but fewer yards, and an even lower ypc average.

Seems after all the work he's put in getting 'patient', his average and production has been down. To the point where some people even think he's 'washed up'.
    I think it has to do with something AD said himself.....

Can't remember the exact quote from the article, but AD talked about how hard he tried last year to make things happen when he got the ball. Something about less touches and trying to more with them. Mix in the change in the blocking scheme, and thats my take on it, for what its worth.

If I had access to the game tapes and the cuts the RB's coaches take on them, I probably could be more accurate with my assesment but based on what Theenemy was saying in the clip last night, I don't think I'm to far off on it.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Hopefully they have a bit of class time set aside to take care of this little problem.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/15/adrian-peterson-keeps-his-license-despite-being-clocked-at-109-mph/

Peterson will pay a $300 fine and $78 in surcharges after pleading guilty to driving 99 mph in a 55 mph zone, the Associated Press reports. He has also been ordered to do 16 hours of community service.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast