Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

Re: Peter King from si.com picks vikes to go the the superbowl

Too bad the rest of SI is drinking the Carolina Kool-Aid. The Panthers winning the SB? Give me a break. They lose their best wide receiver, gain no noteworthy free agents, but are picked to win SB XL because they have players returning from injuries they had last year. The Vikings lost their best WR, gain a buttload of new defensive FA's, AND have players returning from injuries they had last year, and are picked to go 9-7 and win the division by 1 game over the 8-8 Packers (who are not going to finish .500 this year - sorry, Los & Bono).

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

i think that if the vikes go to the bowl this year(which they will) then they WILL come back to minneapolis with a ring

"darkmage2012" wrote:
    i think that if the vikes go to the bowl this year(which they will) then they WILL come back to minneapolis with a ring
    u guys are acting like inbred Packers fans. Sure, we have a team that could win the superbowl, emphasis on could, but guaranteing the Superbowl and a ring is a bit pre-mature, don't you think? After an OK preseason I'm not prepared to promise anything yet, except for the playoffs.
    Have you ever had a Big Kahuna Burger?

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    Too bad the rest of SI is drinking the Carolina Kool-Aid. The Panthers winning the SB? Give me a break. They lose their best wide receiver, gain no noteworthy free agents, but are picked to win SB XL because they have players returning from injuries they had last year. The Vikings lost their best WR, gain a buttload of new defensive FA's, AND have players returning from injuries they had last year, and are picked to go 9-7 and win the division by 1 game over the 8-8 Packers (who are not going to finish .500 this year - sorry, Los & Bono).
    the panters still have one of the better defenses in the league. you can win with a crappy offense and an awesome defense, baltimore proved that a couple years ago, so i think that carolina is definately going to be good this year

Thanks Josdin

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    "BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    the panters still have one of the better defenses in the league. you can win with a crappy offense and an awesome defense, baltimore proved that a couple years ago, so i think that carolina is definately going to be good this year
    BS. U need a half-decent offense to win a title.
    Have you ever had a Big Kahuna Burger?

they do have a halfway decent offense, they have a good running back and at least one really good WR, and a decent QB who can lead a team to victories. you think the only reason they got to the SB 2 years ago is cuz of Mushin, now that's b.s

Thanks Josdin

SamDawg84 Guest

Steve Smith is coming back from injury.. Stephen Davis should be healthy.. And they added Ken Lucas on D.. So they actually did add someone on D.. Not to mention Kris Jenkins is coming back.. Considered one of the best DT's in the league

natethegreat is offline Pro-Bowler

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    "BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    i think their d is good enough to get them deep into the playoffs, but i dont think they can win the whole thing if their offense is as bad as it looks, they have delhome and davis who are both alright, but they dont have any wide outs, unless their offense can greatly improve, i dont see carolina finishing ahead of us, philly, or atlanta

i'm just saying that we shouldn't dismiss them, they are definately a contender in the NFC i think

Thanks Josdin

SamDawg84 Guest

They have Steve Smith and Keary Colbert for wideouts.. So i wouldn't say they dont have any wideouts natethegreat.. Thier D is pretty scary too.. They can make some noise.. But i'd say not the S.B

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast