Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Peter King is DUMB!

"Del" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    Detroit has a chance to turn it around from last season just like every team that didn't make the playoffs, but lets be realistic.

They traded away their best defensive player, and their best running back is out for the year.

They should be set at wide receiver but that's not the only position on the field.
    No doubt whack.

Detroits defense is non exsistant. Their secondary is a joke and the line is in shambles. I imagine they will have as good an offense as their o-line will allow, but that isn't enough. Even in 98 when we were a high powered offense we had a solid defense that was in the top 10 or close to it.
    Yep, I am not too worried about the lions this year, but they are definetly getting dangerous on offense. Our pass defense had better improve or we will get burned alot in the coming years.

scumpuke is offline Rookie

"singersp" wrote:
    "scumpuke" wrote:
    yeah this thread isn't about Power Rankings, it's about "fake Power Rankings", or "Peter King wants it to be a Power Ranking but it's really he just farted and he can't tell the difference".
    Based on a 6-10 record last year & starting this year off with an unproven & very little experienced QB with Bollinger backing him up. where would you have ranked the Vikings in the power rankings?
    i already stated that it's not just his Vikings dis that makes his little attempt at power rankings hil-larious. lets see, where to start, ok, how about Oakland? climbing further up the rungs, how about KC? oops, did i miss the Texans? lets see here, Miami? Tampa Bay? SHEESH, it wouldn't be unreasonable to place all of these teams behind the Vikings, especially if you believe any of the positive draft moves attributed to the Vikes this year. and then of course we come to Detroit at number, wait for it, 13 (hell, i hope this actually comes to pass for their sake) ... and i also have to say, the only thing he's hinging GB's ranking on is our fave, Favre. Vikings got a new coach last year and got rid of a number of players for off the field problems, what kind of record would you expect knowing this information? but i guess he must not have spent much time examining the Vikings, and why should he?

you have to grant that TJ, being largely unproven, could very well turn out to be a blooper, but considering the field, i'm not sure that alone merits 31st place. maybe it should be 29 instead!
    ;D
    Partyin' Purple Style!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

[size=12pt]Rippers of my rankings don't account for volatility[/size]
    Updated: Tuesday July 17, 2007 1:14PM
    Peter King, SI
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"scumpuke" wrote:

you have to grant that TJ, being largely unproven, could very well turn out to be a blooper, but considering the field, i'm not sure that alone merits 31st place. maybe it should be 29 instead!
    ;D
    He could also turn out to be a huge rookie success.

There were 6 teams that asked for private tryouts with him during the offseason that wanted it to remain a secret.

If Childress hadn't grabbed him when they did, I feel
    he would have been gone by the next round.

He's definitely a crap shoot, but I'd give him a better shot than a lot of these so called experts do.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345