Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Peter King bags on Koren Robinson

We don't have any superstar WRs, but we have a talented and deep group, one that is probably better than one comprised of Moss and a bunch of "#2" receivers like Derrick Alexander, D'Wayne Bates, Nate Burleson and the like.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"Redmption" wrote:
    Normally I like Peter King, but on what grounds does he bag on KRob after a pro bowl season? And from what I can tell there are a lot of excited fans having KRob as a #1

SI.com Monday Morning QB
    2. I think what worries me the most about the Minnesota Vikings is hearing that head coach Brad Childress thinks Koren Robinson will be a fine No. 1 receiver. Sheesh. I know he has to say all the right things about his team, but that hardly gets the folks in Duluth and Fargo and Pierre all fired up about the season up there in the north country.

Well, let's just hope that Koren makes King eat crow at the end of the year. I think we are going to be a more run oriented offense anyways (I know that is pretty obvious but still).

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Was he saying Fargo is in Minnesota?

One Love

PurpleMafia is offline Coordinator

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Copied from the Official Joke Page:

This morning I was standing next to a very fat fellow named Peter King at a urinal when suddenly, for no discernible reason, he confided in me that he "hadn't seen this thing in 15 years."

Not knowing why Peter King suddenly decided to confide such personal information to a complete stranger, and not knowing what else to say and wanting to be helpful, I said, "Why don't you diet?"

Giving me a surprised sideways stare, Peter said,

"Dye it? What color is it now?"

:evil4:
    Lmao! Great joke.

At least he is better than Dr. Z!
    Retired 12/21/08

oddmanout22287 is offline Pro-Bowler

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    "oddmanout22287" wrote:
    Koren proved he had the talent to be a true number 1 WR in 2002 when he totaled 1200 yards and 5 TDs. I think King is forgetting K-Rob has been fighting some serious demons his whole time in the NFL, and he is starting to get them under control. The sky is the limit for K-Rob, imo.
    5 TD's in a season is good enough to be a number one? Just like last year, the Vikings do not have a true #1 WR, time will tell if anyone on this current team will step up and be a #1. He made it to the PB as a kick returner.
    1200+ yds and5 TDs would be fine, considering our new offense we're running. It's no secret we're going to lean on the run, and I can imagine that focus on the run will increase in the red zone. Also, when we're not trying to run it in for a TD, our main redzone threats seem to be Wiggins and M. Robinson, so the only TDs K-Rob will catch will probably be long pass plays - something I doubt we'll be inclined to do with Brad's aging arm. That, and Brad will probably spread the ball around A LOT.

Also, see Cajun's post :lol:
    PM me if you'd like a sig.

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

OK, Peter King is judging K-Rob on stats and not his potential....he will rip up the league next year...just watch

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

coreyd is offline Coach

This guy can kiss a goats arse. Speculation, speculation, speculation. KRob will pull through and tear it up. This guy is on an upgrade of his personal life. I look forward to watching big plays with this guy!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    i think k-rob will be a fine #1, not amazing, but fine

lets say he had 1,000 yards 5-6 TD's, ok nothing special about that right?
    well, what if you throw in another 800-1000 yards for t-will, another 600 for wiggins, and another 600+ for taylor, and 5+ TD's for marcus robinson

a player doesnt win games, the team does, and when you look at our team, i have no worries =)

so shut the F!!ck up Peter King
    You any relation to him, Vikes_King?

:evil4:
    omg........

I WANT A NAME CHANGE PREASE (yes i said prease)

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

5 TD's in a season is hardly what you would expect from your #1 WR, but he was primarily used as a KR last season and didn't really have the chance to shine as a every down WR..

I say with this new system, and his new look on life that he will easily surpass the 5 TD's that he had with Seattle when he was compared to a #1 WR.. He will be a eye opening experience with the Vikes this season..

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I think maybe we're reading to much in to this statement by King. While I agree that Robinson is a good receiver and will do fine and in fact may be our #1 receiver, what I think King was saying is that that doesn't get fans excited in the same sense that saying Johnson is going to be a pro-bowl QB this year or the Vikings offensive line is going to be the best in the NFL.
    While I think Koren will do well, I would get a lot more excited about this season if Childress would say something like, "I think were going to have one of the finest running games in the NFL." (Which I hope we do.)
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast