Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler

Peter King bags on Koren Robinson

Normally I like Peter King, but on what grounds does he bag on KRob after a pro bowl season? And from what I can tell there are a lot of excited fans having KRob as a #1

SI.com Monday Morning QB
    2. I think what worries me the most about the Minnesota Vikings is hearing that head coach Brad Childress thinks Koren Robinson will be a fine No. 1 receiver. Sheesh. I know he has to say all the right things about his team, but that hardly gets the folks in Duluth and Fargo and Pierre all fired up about the season up there in the north country.

oddmanout22287 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Peter King bags on Koren Robinson

Koren proved he had the talent to be a true number 1 WR in 2002 when he totaled 1200 yards and 5 TDs. I think King is forgetting K-Rob has been fighting some serious demons his whole time in the NFL, and he is starting to get them under control. The sky is the limit for K-Rob, imo.
    PM me if you'd like a sig.

"oddmanout22287" wrote:
    Koren proved he had the talent to be a true number 1 WR in 2002 when he totaled 1200 yards and 5 TDs. I think King is forgetting K-Rob has been fighting some serious demons his whole time in the NFL, and he is starting to get them under control. The sky is the limit for K-Rob, imo.
    5 TD's in a season is good enough to be a number one? Just like last year, the Vikings do not have a true #1 WR, time will tell if anyone on this current team will step up and be a #1. He made it to the PB as a kick returner.
    You republican whore!

Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler

But the point is what does Peter King know about whether Koren can be a #1 or not? He showed he wants to prove he can play by taking on the job as a KR first and WR 2nd. To me he has was more potential than Burleson did when everyone was hyping him as the replacement for Randy Moss and look what happened there

Prophet Guest

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/07/24/mmqb/2.html

A #1 is not determined by stats alone, but I tend to agree with King on this issue and with Childress. We'll see. Even if Burleson was still on the roster I wouldn't be calling him a #1. Maybe this is Williamson's time to emerge as the #1.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

5 TD's with over a thousand yards is a decent #1 WR, not awesome, but decent. this season can go two ways, our offense is horrible at moving the ball, or our offense is decent enough to win football games. don't expect breakout years from any of our offensive skill position players. K-Rob is not the answer alone, but him with a good supporting crew is the answer.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

F*** (No) Peter King!!! He can't tell his A$$hole from a hole in the ground!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

BTW, here are Branch's stats for last season (compare them to KRob's stats that oddmanout posted above): 78 catches for 998 yards for a 12.8 yard average and 5 TDs.

Pretty similar, don't you think?

Does (No) Peter King think that Deion Branch is a #1 WR for the Patsies?

EDIT (here's the answer):

http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:AphbZ_K5nuUJatriots.mostvaluablenetwork.com/2006/02/+Peter+king+deion+branch+%231+wide+receivers+WR&hl =en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=7

Direct quote:

- Quick note here taken from Peter King’s MMQB: ” Saw Deion Branch on Sunday morning in the elevator, looking fresh and chipper in a pink dress shirt. I’d just come from a few spins on the elliptical trainer in the health club…and I said to Deion: ‘Hey, I didn’t see you at the health club.’ He shook his head and said: ‘No, no, no, Mr. King. Taking some time off.'’ It was the first Mr. King I’ve gotten in Detroit and it came from a Super Bowl MVP. Aw, shucks...Count me among those that are very excited he’s the Pats’ #1 receiver."

(No) Peter can go F*** himself!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

**steps up and pours fuel in the fire**

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Peter King" wrote:
    I know he has to say all the right things about his team, but that hardly gets the folks in Duluth and Fargo and Pierre all fired up about the season up there in the north country.
    Coach Childress' confidence in our WR corps gets me fired up! If he has faith, I have faith. At least until the season starts and I can start making judgements based on my own observations, and not something some sports writer pens...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast