Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    dbalke10 is offline Training Camp

Pete Carroll is available, but you'll have to pay...

From Peter King Sports Illustrated..."Attention NFL owners: You can have USC coach Pete Carroll, but it'll cost you. Carroll will want full control of football operations and probably $6 million a year to return to the pros."

My thoughts have been that I would probably stick by Tice unless the coach available was a major upgrade. Wouldn't you think this would qualify? He has local connections, and Zigi would be able to generate some major publicity and put his stamp on HIS team. What do you think?
    Most football teams are temperamental.That s 90% temper and 10% mental.
    --Doug Plank

Del Rio Guest

Re: Pete Carroll is available, but you'll have to pay...

I think Pete Carroll is a really great college football coach.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

No thanks. College coaching and the NFL are 2 different beasts.

DEEP PURPLE is offline Starter

I don't think he's going anywhere. He's got to much of a good thing in SoCal. Recruiting is a joke for him right now. All he does is make a phone call to a kid or go visit him and the kid creams his pants and signs on the dotted line. He runs the team with no outside interference (which you can't do in the NFL). Plans to renovate the LA Colisium are getting closer everyday to becoming reality. And he has one of the best group of Boosters in the nation. IMO he has a job thats better than any in the NFL right now.
    If I hear Michelle Bonner say "He works that one to right" one more time, I m getting on a plane for Bristol, going to the ESPNEWS set, and ripping out her vocal cords.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

To give a rookie NFL head-coach full control of football operations is not a good idea.

I would love to have Pete Carroll, but you need to have a general manager that has final say over trades and draft picks.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Del Rio Guest

He wouldn't be a rookie.

He has coached in the NFL before in a head coach position. He spent 3 years with the Patriots and 1 year with the Jets. He was 27-21 with the Pats. He also was a D cord for the Niners for two years and they won the division both years. He's a good coach.

I thing he does better commanding boys then he does men. The NFL ego factor is too much for the guy. I doubt he would want to come back to face that particular aspect of the game.

Coaching millionaires is harder then coaching people who are hoping you will help make then millionaires.

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

i think tice will have to get to at least the nfc championship and have a respectable showing in order to keep his job. as for carrol, no thanks. he was not that good in his first stint in the pros. if we replace tice, i would like to see a guy like brian billick or jeff fisher (assuming they are available) take over. i wouldnt mind tb defensive coordinator monte kiffin either.
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

6million is a lot for a coach who hasnt done anything in the nfl yet. 6million is a lot for anything.
    We're bringing purple back.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    He wouldn't be a rookie.

He has coached in the NFL before in a head coach position. He spent 3 years with the Patriots and 1 year with the Jets. He was 27-21 with the Pats. He also was a D cord for the Niners for two years and they won the division both years. He's a good coach.

I thing he does better commanding boys then he does men. The NFL ego factor is too much for the guy. I doubt he would want to come back to face that particular aspect of the game.

Coaching millionaires is harder then coaching people who are hoping you will help make then millionaires.

Thanks Del, I had forgotten about him coaching in the NFL, but still think that the 2 jobs should remain separate. It does not seem to work having 1 person as GM and head coach.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

yeah I agree,Paterno is an awesome college coach.But i dont think I want him coaching my Vikes in 06!
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast