Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    I feel like some of you guys are yelling, "The Sky is Falling, the Sky is Falling!"
    Didn't someone used to have a Chicken Little avatar on here? Or am I losing it?

VikeCane305 is offline Rookie
    Harvin is the best WR we have. We CANNOT trade him at all!
    "AKA" PURPLEPOWERPUNCH

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    well going on figures AD had completed approx 66% of his contract whereas Harvin has only completed 60% of his contract. Harvin has played well but I don't consider that he has overperfomed to the extent that he deserves a contract extension earlier than Peterson did.
    Hate when people bring this up.
    AD - 7th overal pick....millions
    Havin - 21st overall pick... not a much.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    I just don't think Frazier and company have had much of a chance yet. No offseason last year with a new scheme, new coaches, rookie/late round developmental QBs playing in what I believe is the best division in football etc etc.
    I'm not buying all of that my friend.

I am willing to give Leslie and company one more year. Hell, I'm even of a mind to think that Musgrove might pop his head out of his ass a bit, but I'm not going to sit here and use that one for an excuse.

Bengals could have used that one last year (New O-coord, rookie QB, rookie WR, changes all over the place) and they did pretty good for themselves last year.

My reasoning for giving them a chance goes back to the first 3 or 4 games when we were dominating teams in the first half and then blew those leads. I'm hoping that Leslie and company are just a bit slower on figuring out how to make adjustments and will get it down pat this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    IBP had a pretty good list going. Personally, I don't give a rip about his "emotion" or lack thereof. I'm more interested in results. And taht's what I don't see.

I see Frazier as a Wilf puppet coach. He was given the job because he doesn't have enough NFL clout to tell Zygi and his idiot brothers to sit in the owner's box and shut the floop up. That means that the Wilf brothers get to continue to pretend that they have a clue about how to build a winning franchise...despite not having a clue.

Then, as IBP mentions, there are the staff selections. Musgrave? Really? Look at his coaching history.....it doesn't read like a biography of triumph. Here's a small taste: "Musgrave left to be the offensive coordinator for the Jacksonville Jaguars (200304), and was released from that position". But I could have looked past that had the guy brought in a credible scheme....instead I see a pathetic version of Chillers KAO.

Then there's utilization of talent. No clue there. Part of the problem is that there IS no talent to use...especially at WR...but even when it's on the field, it's misused.

On the QB scene, I don't know if Ponder will become a great NFL QB...but he didn't look like one LAST SEASON. Webb looked stronger. So, by all means, anoint Ponder. Who does that remind me of? Hmmm.....can you say "CHILLER"?

See, I see Leslie as a placeholder coach. He doesn't have the clout to force anyone to do anything. That means Wilf gets to keep screwing around with making decisions he shouldn't, Spielman gets to keep ignoring the fact that we have no WR talent to speak of, and the team gets to continue to spiral downwards.

The whole thing makes me sick.

Caine
    I like all of this except for the Love Of Webb (LOW). Second post I've seen out of you during my visit were you seem to think he did wonderful things last year.

Remind me again about all the great throws he made. Heck for that matter, remind me again what QB lead the league in red zone percentage.

Again, I agree that Ponder did some bonehead stuff. Its expected, but so did Webb. I bet he wishes he could take back a couple of the times he just tucked it and ran when he had open guys down field and completely missed seeing them.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Unfortunately, it will be at the point where AD is on the downside of his career, and Allen/KW might be gone.
    Love the post. Only issue I have is that every team has a bunch of players that are on the down hill side of their careers.

Good teams have a bunch of youth waiting to take over for them.

Will everyone of the teams have someone to replace an AD? Nope, AD is special, but KW, hell he hasn't been as great as most on here think, I'd love to see someone like Griff get more reps at RDE (he got sacks on teams last year that JA couldn't).

In the end, it all comes down, at least for me, can the coaching staff take the kids off the bench and turn them into Kdubbs, JA's and to a certain extent, AD's.

I'm not so sure this coaching staff can, (Remember my staff analysis thread last year) but I'm willing to give them one more year before I throw them completely under the bus.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Love the post. Only issue I have is that every team has a bunch of players that are on the down hill side of their careers.

Good teams have a bunch of youth waiting to take over for them.

Will everyone of the teams have someone to replace an AD? Nope, AD is special, but KW, hell he hasn't been as great as most on here think, I'd love to see someone like Griff get more reps at RDE (he got sacks on teams last year that JA couldn't).

In the end, it all comes down, at least for me, can the coaching staff take the kids off the bench and turn them into Kdubbs, JA's and to a certain extent, AD's.

I'm not so sure this coaching staff can, (Remember my staff analysis thread last year) but I'm willing to give them one more year before I throw them completely under the bus.
    I think coaching staffs are like rookies. Coaches have to learn how to coach.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    IBP had a pretty good list going. Personally, I don't give a rip about his "emotion" or lack thereof....

Caine
    There is more than one here though, that's hated Frasier lack of emotion.

I guess they must have really hated Bud Grant.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    Didn't someone used to have a Chicken Little avatar on here? Or am I losing it?
    yes

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast