Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    "Moronic coaching staff and FO." Hmmmmm, interesting.

He's under contract, which, Rick Spielman addressed whilst on Sirius NFL Radio today. Spielman said to Gannon and Schein, "we take care of our core guys the last year of their contract. We have history of doing so. Percy is a core guy, we will not trade him, we value his play, his leadership, and him as a person." Doesn't sound moronic to me...nor did it to Schein and Gannon. Now, don't get me wrong, I think Schein is a pain in the ass...so, I discount his endorsement, but, I have a lot of time for Gannon.

Percy needs to get back to work. That's how he will get paid ultimately.
    So does that mean that the FO is building a winning team around Percy? No.

Does that mean Percy is being used to his full potential in our offense? No.

People need to stop thinking 'contract' regarding this. Contract is not the issue here.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Dibbzz is offline Starter
    Well this is good news:

Vikings' Harvin returns, has 'great' practice
    Minnesota Vikings' Percy Harvin returns, has 'great' practice - ESPN

This was definitely an odd 72 hours if I do say. It seemed like just yesterday he "wanted out" of Minnesota, and today things are fine. I have no freaking clue if this is just the media blowing things out of proportion or what but I must admit I'm confused. Like most happenings in the NFL (and all major pro sports for that matter) the public is never really truly going to know what's going on. I'm agnostic as to whether or not this whole charade was about money, playing time, scheme, who the quarterback is, Jared Allen's hairstyle, animals escaping from the Duluth Zoo after the flood...whatever. Pro athletes pull this crap all the time. As long as he shuts up and brings it to camp and is giving 100% on gameday that's all I care about. I just wish pro athletes would have some respect and class every now and again. That's a whole other thread I'm afraid, but on topic I just hope Frazier, Spielman and the front office work and smooth over whatever "issues" there are so our top receiver is at camp and ready to play.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post

People need to stop thinking 'contract' regarding this. Contract is not the issue here.
    Contract is always the issue. There might be others, but I'm sure Percy is aware that any team that would trade for him would give him a new contract.
    Obviously he's not happy about making a fraction of what his talent would dictate.

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni

A) didn't suggest point #1, nor, would I ever agree that it is a good idea
    B) hmmm, perhaps you can elaborate on point #2
    C) re: point #3, it is naive to think contract is the only issue, and equally naive to think it is not part of the issue.

Regardless, he needs to get back to work...

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Thats right, they just called Percy last night and said so which do you like better Cleveland or Miami and Percy said he'd be at practice in the morning

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    "Moronic coaching staff and FO." Hmmmmm, interesting.

He's under contract, which, Rick Spielman addressed whilst on Sirius NFL Radio today. Spielman said to Gannon and Schein, "we take care of our core guys the last year of their contract. We have history of doing so. Percy is a core guy, we will not trade him, we value his play, his leadership, and him as a person." Doesn't sound moronic to me...nor did it to Schein and Gannon. Now, don't get me wrong, I think Schein is a pain in the ass...so, I discount his endorsement, but, I have a lot of time for Gannon.

Percy needs to get back to work. That's how he will get paid ultimately.
    When you're continually out performing your rookie contract, your team should pony up & recognize that & adjust your contract accordingly & not wait until the final year of contract. If they wait until the final year of a players contract, there isn't much incentive for a player to resign before reaching & testing the FA market. Especially if you're good. It could cost a team a lot more in the final year of a players contact to lock him up than it would if they lock him up earlier.

Did the Vikings wait until the 6th year of AD's contract before locking him down? Nope, they locked him up after completing year 4 of a 6 year contract.
    Last edited by singersp; 06-22-2012 at 06:56 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Thats right, they just called Percy last night and said so which do you like better Cleveland or Miami and Percy said he'd be at practice in the morning
    LOL!! Exactly!

It's rare that a good team with a good QB in place makes a Big Move like what it would take for us to get decent value for Harvin. Way more likely a mediocre team with plenty questions makes a big trade.

And, seems pretty obvious to me, that we'd rather have the Browns or Dolphin's first round pick than say, the Packers or Patriots!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    I don't blame Harvin one bit. Not because I'm a big fan of "whiners", but because I think our team is headed in the wrong direction in almost every conceivable way.

1: I believe our Owner is one of the most moronic in sports - and is allowing himself and his brothers to destroy our franchise through their continued meddling.

2: I have serious doubts about the quality of our New GM - I am leaning heavily towards the "What the floop were they thinking!!!" camp.

3: I do NOT believe our HC is worth a turd. That goes double for his staff selections.

4: I do not have great confidence in our current starting QB.

5: I do not believe we have the foundation to build a successful team, nor do I believe we are even remotely close to getting even to that point.

If Harvin wants out, I can't blame him. I would too.

Caine

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I don't blame Harvin one bit. Not because I'm a big fan of "whiners", but because I think our team is headed in the wrong direction in almost every conceivable way.

1: I believe our Owner is one of the most moronic in sports - and is allowing himself and his brothers to destroy our franchise through their continued meddling.

2: I have serious doubts about the quality of our New GM - I am leaning heavily towards the "What the floop were they thinking!!!" camp.

3: I do NOT believe our HC is worth a turd. That goes double for his staff selections.

5: I do not believe we have the foundation to build a successful team, nor do I believe we are even remotely close to getting even to that point.

Caine
    1=2,3,4,5

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Originally Posted by Caine

Caine
    1=2,3,4,5
    Very true...but some here apparently need someone to connect the dots for them. They see the failings of the GM and the HC as individual failings, and not symptomatic of a bigger problem.

Caine

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast