Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakout View Post
    This screams Randy ratio all over again. Shouldn't be a surprise that he and Moss are buddies.

I find it pathetic. He can bitch about usage.....well lets not just ignore the shoulder surgery he is recovering from. A injury that limited his reps last year that was bad enough to require surgery!
    Limited reps which resulted in his best season to date.

What I really don't understand is what the heck happened in the past three weeks.

This is from May 30th. Percy Harvin of Minnesota Vikings says shoulder 'great' after surgery - ESPN

I can't imagine what they're doing in this minicamp to piss him off so much?

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    Limited reps which resulted in his best season to date.

What I really don't understand is what the heck happened in the past three weeks.

This is from May 30th. Percy Harvin of Minnesota Vikings says shoulder 'great' after surgery - ESPN

He toked up and wants a litle time to clear a few things up.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    He might not be "in tune" with our biggest FA signing being another big, white, TE. His best spot is slot, and 2-TEs kinda eliminates that position. However, I'm still not buying that 87 receptions, good for 6th most in the NFL last year, AND 50+ rushes, and a few returns is, "under-used." Specially given the practice time he's missed!@!

But, I don't like the "trade him he's got a headache/injury" comments either. Kid only missed 3 games in 3 years.

His combination of talent and production is off the charts. Last year he had the 6th most receptions with an 11 yard average while also gaining 6.9 yds/rush on 52 rushing attempts and averaging over 30 yards/return (only 16). Trade value!?!??? I'm thinking a starter, a first round pick, and multiple later and/or sliding value picks based on production!!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Percy requests trade

Who cares. This organization is a clusterfuck! I have more interest in baseball right now. Sad.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakout View Post
    This screams Randy ratio all over again. Shouldn't be a surprise that he and Moss are buddies.

I find it pathetic. He can bitch about usage.....well lets not just ignore the shoulder surgery he is recovering from. A injury that limited his reps last year that was bad enough to require surgery!
    1. The Randy Ratio was Tice's thing, not Randy's.
    2. At no time did Harvin say it was about usage, so how can you claim he's bitching about it & then claim it's pathetic? Until we know what he's unhappy about, could be he's unhappy about what a lot of fans are, including yourself, it's a bit premature to call it pathetic.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    I can.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Can Percy Harvin, Minnesota Vikings smooth things over?

5 different takes on how this will play out. I think this guy is the closest.

Get ready for Revis, Part II
    Fear not, Vikings fans, because what follows is exactly how Percy Harvin's situation will play out ...

Harvin's not happy with how the Vikings handled his injury situation, and he's underpaid. So he needs love, and money. (Don't we all?) The trade request is just an attention-getter. The Vikings will sit down with his representatives and shower him with love. That's part one.

Now the money. Harvin has two years left on a contract that's not fitting of someone who broke through last season to become one of the most dangerous wideouts in the game. The Vikings have him for two more years and they don't want to tear up his contract and give him a long-term deal until they have to. So they'll come up with a "Band-Aid," much like the New York Jets did with Darrelle Revis two summers ago (or like the Tennessee Titans did when Chris Johnson wanted more money a few years ago and the team wanted to get him into camp). So, you'll see Harvin get a few extra million over the next two seasons. He'll be happy and won't miss much time -- if any at all. Happy Harvin, happy Vikings. Unhappy DBs.
    Harvin really doesn't have a lot of leverage in this situation, however, the Vikings don't want a disgruntled player poisoning the rest of the team, so will try to smooth out whatever is troubling Percy.

JPPT1974 is offline Starter
    Well it seems for now, Harvin will be staying. And that it would cost so much to trade him!
    NFL 2013 is Here!

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    This guy believes himself to be one of the premiere wideouts in this league and I agree with him. Why should he have to put up with a moronic coaching staff and FO? Sure he's pouting, but that's just a reaction to playing for a poorly managed team.
    "Moronic coaching staff and FO." Hmmmmm, interesting.

He's under contract, which, Rick Spielman addressed whilst on Sirius NFL Radio today. Spielman said to Gannon and Schein, "we take care of our core guys the last year of their contract. We have history of doing so. Percy is a core guy, we will not trade him, we value his play, his leadership, and him as a person." Doesn't sound moronic to me...nor did it to Schein and Gannon. Now, don't get me wrong, I think Schein is a pain in the ass...so, I discount his endorsement, but, I have a lot of time for Gannon.

Percy needs to get back to work. That's how he will get paid ultimately.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    I think it's much to do about nothing. Harvin is at mini camp working and doing what he is supposed to. The NFL forces players to do interviews but when they are honest about what is going on they become the bad guy.
    Obviously Harvin wants a new contract, he's making under 1million this year, despite being one of the best play makers in the league. Yes I know he signed the contract, but every player in his situation would want another contract. Which would probably net him 30million guaranteed.
    The team doesn't want to give him a fat contract so he asks to be traded, assuming a new team would give him a fat contract.
    I guarantee it is at least in part about the money, it always is.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast