Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Percy Harvin Asked the Minnesota Vikings to Trade Him | The Big Lead

Another take on things.

If he is unhappy about multiple things, then money is definitely a part of it, and very understandable. More than likely it's more than just that, probably doesn't like the direction of the MN offense and his role in it.

A trade may be the best thing for Percy, but I'm not sure he will get it, at least not this year as I doubt the FO will see it as the best thing for the Vikings. I don't see how it can be a positive for MN to trade him with 2 years left on his contract.

It will be interesting to hear more about what his real issues are...and how much money it will take for his agent to make Percy feel good about it.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    He was on the field 58% of offensive snaps. He was definitely underused. There's really no arguing that.

But you seem to echo our coaching staff's train of thought: despite proven play on the field, keep your talent on the sidelines. That's why we're a 3-13 team.

Oh... to be the only wise person on these boards.
    OK, 58% as reported by NFL.com. I can concede that he was underused. I thought it was more since he was primarily only out in the redzone... and we weren't exactly in the red zone a lot last year.

It does make me wonder if his health issues are a bigger concern than we thought, or if the coaching staff is just in-ept. Likely a mixture of both.

Either way, if he wants out, trade him while his value is high IMHO.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Leslie Frazier really isn't ready to be a headcoach in this league. You can just see it in his face, he never sounds sure of himself and lacks the confidence needed to be a leader of men.

This is why he was interviewed for 4-5 other HC positions around the league and wasn't hired. It's very apparent to everyone but the Wilfs... apparently.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    OK, 58% as reported by NFL.com. I can concede that he was underused. I thought it was more since he was primarily only out in the redzone... and we weren't exactly in the red zone a lot last year.

It does make me wonder if his health issues are a bigger concern than we thought, or if the coaching staff is just in-ept. Likely a mixture of both.

Either way, if he wants out, trade him while his value is high IMHO.
    Damn... couldn't get you to bite on the "only wise person on these boards" line. Where's the Nodak I used to know?

Blog Entries
    Damn... couldn't get you to bite on the "only wise person on these boards" line. Where's the Nodak I used to know?
    Lol. The new Nodak golfs a lot more and gets worked up a lot less...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer
    I think you guys are tracking dead-on being the scheme vs. contract. Musgrave is probably running his 3 TE bunch sets again in minicamp, and the light bulb went off in his head. Ding! our coaches are idiots- much like Moss during his last stint.

This news ranks right up there as if AD or JA asked for a trade. What shit sandwhich.

Quote Originally Posted by seaniemck7 View Post
    I think you guys are tracking dead-on being the scheme vs. contract. Musgrave is probably running his 3 TE bunch sets again in minicamp, and the light bulb went off in his head. Ding! our coaches are idiots- much like Moss during his last stint.

This news ranks right up there as if AD or JA asked for a trade. What shit sandwhich.
    AD and JA also have nice, fat contracts... and aren't pouting children.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer
    AD and JA also have nice, fat contracts... and aren't pouting children.
    Interesting. He agrees with your assesment of the coaching staff, yet he is a pouting child. I see your logic there.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Difficult to be a leader when you're only involved of 50% of the offensive snaps.
    Playing time has nothing to do with my point, but, since you went there, I will take the time to completely disagree. Harvin was the 2011 Vikings Offensive MVP...on a shitty offense, but, still, as voted on by his teammates. Also, he won the Korey Stringer Good Guy Award, as voted by the local press. He is a recognized leader, by the Team, the media, and, PP.O, for that matter. My point is that whining to the press that you aren't happy, is not a way to show leadership...that's it. Let's not forget, he is a Viking because the Vikes stepped up and drafted a kid that failed his drug test...at the fucking Combine.

Get back to form Harvin, this is an embarrassing little display IMHO.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seaniemck7 View Post
    interesting. He agrees with your assesment of the coaching staff, yet he is a pouting child. I see your logic there.
    lmao.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast