Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Percy Harvin vs. Adrian Peterson

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Easy, AD is the guy that teams game plan for..... not Harvin!

I love pH, but this is a "no contest."
    Are you sure?

Hmm, seems to me many here said that with the addition of Favre, our opponents would focus their game plan on Favre because they respect his passing abilities & we would not see a shitload of plays with 8-9 guys in the box., while a handful of us, Marrdro & myself included were adamant that regardless of the QB, our opponents would still focus their attention on AD & the run & continue to stack the box.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Why do we keep seeing these silly "Who's the MVP" threads.

Correct me if I'm wrong, its still a fricken team sport.
    Take AD away and PH isn't as effective.
    Take PH away and AD isn't as effective.
    Take away PH and AD is just as effective.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

Are you sure?

Hmm, seems to me many here said that with the addition of Favre, our opponents would focus their game plan on Favre because they respect his passing abilities & we would not see a shitload of plays with 8-9 guys in the box., while a handful of us, Marrdro & myself included were adamant that regardless of the QB, our opponents would still focus their attention on AD & the run & continue to stack the box.
    And, if that is truly what is happening, then I'm happy for the results.
    Favre is killing people and spending very little time getting smacked (both of his sacks on Sunday he saw coming and went down without taking the big hit).

AD is still getting yards and TDs.
    The offense is rolling.
    I'll take it.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"Zeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

Are you sure?

Favre is killing people and spending very little time getting smacked (both of his sacks on Sunday he saw coming and went down without taking the big hit).

The offense is rolling.
    I'll take it.

=Z=
    I'll admit I'm surprised at how many guys we continue to see stacked, but one thing Favre has excelled at that TJack and Gus struggled with was consistently being able to take advantage of the stack and hitting the open WR.

We should all be thankful and thrilled that Favre is on this team.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

Are you sure?

The offense is rolling.
    I'll take it.

=Z=
    I'll admit I'm surprised at how many guys we continue to see stacked, but one thing Favre has excelled at that TJack and Gus struggled with was consistently being able to take advantage of the stack and hitting the open WR.

I think we all are, but I'm equally thrilled as to how well a 100% healthy Rice & Harvin are at catching just about everything thrown at them. Watch the tape, many of those passes from Favre are not spot on, nor are they easy catches, but those two are still snagging them.

I am literally amazed at Harvin's ability to snag passes & at the moves he makes once he catches them. He can change paths on a dime.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

In a boxing match my $$$ is on AD.
    In a 40 yd race?
    PH

But in taking a hit and keep on ticking (running) they both are amazing at it.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Only reason he has more yards is KRs

It's really no contest at this point.. AP by far

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"HEY" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Why do we keep seeing these silly "Who's the MVP" threads.

Correct me if I'm wrong, its still a fricken team sport.
    Take AD away and PH isn't as effective.
    Take PH away and AD isn't as effective.
    That's a good post! ... and that's coming from the guy who started this thread
    ;D

The idea of the thread wasn't really to make an argument over who's better than who, although it clearly looks like it judging from the subject title and the poll (I can't help it, I love polls!
    )

[size=10pt]I was more interested in generating the fact that Adrian and Percy are doing so much for this team.
    I think we have the best duo, make that a trio instead, of young offensive skill players.
    [/size]

Percy Harvin: 21 years old
    Adrian Peterson: 24 years old
    Sidney Rice: 23 years old

These guys are most likely going to be around for at least 7 more years.
    Imagine the dynasty we would have had if only Brett Favre was 26 years old again...

Gotcha my friend.
    I actually have taken a hard look at how this team has been built (after a article that was in my VU of late).
    This team is gonna be scary good for along time, especially if the FO pukes keep adding talent the way they have been.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

Are you sure?

The offense is rolling.
    I'll take it.

=Z=

I have laughed at the whole "Stacked box" cliche' since I listened to Jimmy Johnson talk about it 3 years ago when AD started amazing us with his runs.

Coach Johnson stated that all teams stack the box regardless of who is in the backfield if the situation dictates it.
    He also went on to add that a guy like AD would get is yards against stacked boxes cause of his skill but also because of the way Coordinators attack the stacked box by overloading one side.

Of course we then went down the whole "He will elimnate stacked boxes" discussion with the arrival of our current starter.
    That sure got blown out of the water fast and most have given up discussing it.

Long story short, its the down and distance (game time situation) that drives a stacked box in most instances, not who is in the backfield my friends.
    Nothing more nothing less.

I am literally amazed at Harvin's ability to snag passes & at the moves he makes once he catches them. He can change paths on a dime.
    As to PH and his ability to take a hit and keep on coming.........I like to call him "Mini-AD".
    Both of them amaze me with the effort the put out on plays like that.
    What we should be saying about them is........."Old School".

They play the game the was it is supposed to be played.
    Maximum effort, each and every play.
    Truth be told (I mentioned this in another thread), there are alot of "Old School" players on this team.

Anyone who still believes that it was a mistake to gut that 9-7 team in 2006 needs to rethink things a bit.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re:Percy Harvin vs. Adrian Peterson

Adrian Peterson will always be my favorite player, but I have to hand it to Percy Harvin this week after the Cardinals game.

Not only did Percy have the most receiving yards, but he also beat Adrian in his own category with 3 more rushing yards.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast