Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    People hate me because I think 7 first rounders in 3 years doesn't mean you are a draft guru.
    I want to see some superstars come out of the 3rd and 4th round. Right now Almost all of our stars are 1st and 2nd rounders. We have almost nothing in the 3rd and lower. We do seem to get good 4th round DEs.
    Maybe I should hate you because we think too much alike in this regard. I want to be a loner football guru, and you are messing it all up. No more agreeing with me in live game chat either!

Actually, Moving up to draft players is a good move if the players end up as good as the scouts think they are. The Packers moved up for Clay Matthews, and that was a pretty good move for them. Harrison Smith looks like a good move for the Vikings so far.

On the other hand, the Vikings sometimes move up to select players that would have been there later. I doubt they had to make the moves they did for Ponder, Jackson, or other players they not only reached for but moved up to reach for.

By the way, Clay Matthews is really Clay Matthews III. How come he doesn't have a III on his uniform like Robert Griffin III?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    By the way, Clay Matthews is really Clay Matthews III. How come he doesn't have a III on his uniform like Robert Griffin III?
    He can't count that high.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    People hate me because I think 7 first rounders in 3 years doesn't mean you are a draft guru.
    I want to see some superstars come out of the 3rd and 4th round. Right now Almost all of our stars are 1st and 2nd rounders. We have almost nothing in the 3rd and lower. We do seem to get good 4th round DEs.
    No one hates you. Its the ability to ignore the "Almost" that irritates us.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Percy is now stating that he's never had a problem with Ponder

I never had a problem with him; Iíve never stated I had a problem with him. Iíve never seen a problem heís had with me; heís never said heís had a problem with me. [We were] on the same page, itís just a lot of articles that tried to pick up on things that werenít there.Ē
    Link

Now having read that I'd be a bit interested to hear from Percy what his problem really was

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Percy is now stating that he's never had a problem with Ponder

Link

Now having read that I'd be a bit interested to hear from Percy what his problem really was
    My guess is it had a lot to do with the abuse his body was taking and the amount he was getting paid. Harvin wanted his big contract before his body gave out and must not have felt he was going to get it from Minny. At least not soon enough.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    My guess is it had a lot to do with the abuse his body was taking and the amount he was getting paid. Harvin wanted his big contract before his body gave out and must not have felt he was going to get it from Minny. At least not soon enough.
    I think that was pretty much the brunt of it. He wanted to get paid like a top receiver especially when he was making less than other receivers & a certain TE named Carlson.

When he was upset in TC, I think they promised him they'd work on a new deal & it never came to fruition. Then he got hurt & didn't have his deal & felt he wasn't going to get one & wanted out. Was he worth CJ money? No, but he was certainly worth more than what we were paying him & had they done a restructure/extension last July-August, I think he could have been signed for around 9-10 mil.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I think that was pretty much the brunt of it. He wanted to get paid like a top receiver especially when he was making less than other receivers & a certain TE named Carlson.

When he was upset in TC, I think they promised him they'd work on a new deal & it never came to fruition. Then he got hurt & didn't have his deal & felt he wasn't going to get one & wanted out. Was he worth CJ money? No, but he was certainly worth more than what we were paying him & had they done a restructure/extension last July-August, I think he could have been signed for around 9-10 mil.
    That is likely so, and it would have been a smart move, but we do not know what his agent had asked for. He asked for more from the Seahawks.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678