Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 77
  1. #61
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    YUP, just like I know how good he is in all those other statistical matchups I've given you over the last few days. Notice no one wants to answer my question?

    In the end, he matches up well in the area we need him to do, in this scheme. If we were running something else then I would be worried about his progress.

    Right now we are coming off of a 10-6 season were AD didn't do much the first half and young Ponder did OK enough to win games.

    Again, 6 of the first 8 he was over 200 yards. One of those that he wasn't was 198. Just good enough.....Just good enough.

    Lets see how that improves this year because it will and like the Sully/Birk discussion, you will either forget to join in on those or you will just come up with some sort of excuse why you missed the mark.
    Better go back & check the math on some of those. Saying Ponder was better than Brady when the stats show otherwise, doesn't mean it is so.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #62
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Lets see how that improves this year because it will and like the Sully/Birk discussion, you will either forget to join in on those or you will just come up with some sort of excuse why you missed the mark.
    LOL! Not sure where your're dreaming up this Sully/Birk controversy. There was really never one. We've had discussions about Birk. I've always liked Birk & I liked Sullivan as well.

    The Birk arguments (you know the ones you were dead wrong about that you are now trying to turn into a Sully/Birk debate), were the ones where you claimed Birk was washed up, couldn't play anymore & couldn't pull.

    Problem is, someone forgot to tell Birk that & he went on to anchor the line, not miss a game in the next 4 seasons & helped his team get a Super Bowl ring.
    Not to mention the years he was still centering for the Vikings that you constantly bitched about him.

    You don't do that if you're washed up & no good.
    Last edited by singersp; 05-10-2013 at 02:19 PM.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #63
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Again, it wasn't about Harvin not getting the ball all the time or him wanting it. A fact that you can't seem to get past, it was about Ponder not throwing to other open receivers as well. Do you know what other receivers even means?

    In your world you think he wanted Ponder to throw to him 100% of the time & that's BS.

    BTW it was the article with the direct quote from Harvin. Not an article you claim wasn't solely because you didn't believe it.

    Now if you got a quote from Harvin stating he didn't say that, then by all means share it.
    Your wasting your time.
    They seem incapable of just grasping that Harvin was telling Ponder to GO TO OTHER WRS THAT WERE WIDE OPEN. He wasn't asking for the ball, he was saying...hey shmuck... do you see simpson wide open in the hook to curl zone... hit him and not try to force it to Jenkins the primary.

    What do you you think is more likely...

    Harvin, who was leading the lead in catches and has shown the willingness to do ANY and EVERYTHING for this team becomes a diva and decided he wanted even more touches ( remember he was on pace for 120)

    or

    Harvin, who is a known competitor, sees us losing games because our Young QB is having problems reading the defense and not able to find the open WR.

    I think sometimes the simple answer is there in your face. Harvin felt Ponder was not good enough. He has shown the inability to read defenses and he LOCKS ON TO 1 WR. He does not go thru his reads. For GOd sake... I am getting flash backs of last season just typing this!!!!! If I wanted to hide someone from Ponder I would put him in a Vikings Jersey and tell him to get open.

  4. #64
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    You didn't answer my question......


    Perhaps you know the two points I have coming when you answer......

    1. Our QB does just as well as the other QB (maybe even better).

    2. QB's don't run around throwing it deep like you contend they do in this scheme. Even HOF QB's.
    I'll bite...
    I will take the first QB
    He has a better completion ratio across a wide spectrum of passes.

  5. #65
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Your wasting your time.
    They seem incapable of just grasping that Harvin was telling Ponder to GO TO OTHER WRS THAT WERE WIDE OPEN. He wasn't asking for the ball, he was saying...hey shmuck... do you see simpson wide open in the hook to curl zone... hit him and not try to force it to Jenkins the primary.

    What do you you think is more likely...

    Harvin, who was leading the lead in catches and has shown the willingness to do ANY and EVERYTHING for this team becomes a diva and decided he wanted even more touches ( remember he was on pace for 120)

    or

    Harvin, who is a known competitor, sees us losing games because our Young QB is having problems reading the defense and not able to find the open WR.

    I think sometimes the simple answer is there in your face. Harvin felt Ponder was not good enough. He has shown the inability to read defenses and he LOCKS ON TO 1 WR. He does not go thru his reads. For GOd sake... I am getting flash backs of last season just typing this!!!!! If I wanted to hide someone from Ponder I would put him in a Vikings Jersey and tell him to get open.
    I wonder what they think of JA telling Ponder he needs to step up his game & take charge because AD can't do it all on his own?

    Why would JA say that if he thinks he's progressing nicely?

    IMO, it's JA's subtle & polite way of telling him to shit or get off the pot.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #66
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,869
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I wonder what they think of JA telling Ponder he needs to step up his game & take charge because AD can't do it all on his own?

    Why would JA say that if he thinks he's progressing nicely?

    IMO, it's JA's subtle & polite way of telling him to shit or get off the pot.
    Good question, why would JA say something like that. True or not. That would get him fired in NE.

    And how is it subtle & polite telling him he needs to step up his game & take charge because AD can't do it on his own.

    Did he actually say those things, or is there a fair amount of paraphrasing.

    Just found the article, that was quite a bit of paraphrasing. Here's what he said:

    "I tell him all the time, you have to be THE guy." Allen said of Minnesota's quarterback Thursday, May 2, during an interview on Jim Rome's CBS Radio show. "Adrian (Peterson) can carry this team so far; our defense can carry this team so far. ... You know, you look at teams that historically win championships, and they have consistent play from the quarterback position."
    and then he said:

    "I thought the last four games of the year (Ponder) did a great job. I think where he really made strides was as a leader, being more of a vocal leader amongst the team," Allen said. "He was consistent. We weren't turning the ball over. He was making the smart plays.

    "Watching him mature that way is a positive thing. And he's a great dude."
    He was simply saying that in order to be a contender, you need to have consistent play from the QB and Ponder you are our QB.

  7. #67
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,552

    Percy Harvin v. Christian Ponder: Subtle War of Words?

    Harvin v. Ponder is almost as entertaining as Marrdro v. Singer, or, almost Everyone v. Kevon...

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  8. #68
    Minniman's Avatar
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,428
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Harvin v. Ponder is almost as entertaining as Marrdro v. Singer, or, almost Everyone v. Kevon...
    There are versus here? I thought we were just talking football.

    Viper420 called me out in the Berserker Yell; HEY and I disagree on some things too. How come I don't get any versus? Come on! This is SO UNFAIR!

  9. #69
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    There are versus here? I thought we were just talking football.

    Viper420 called me out in the Berserker Yell; HEY and I disagree on some things too. How come I don't get any versus? Come on! This is SO UNFAIR!
    People hate me because I think 7 first rounders in 3 years doesn't mean you are a draft guru.
    I want to see some superstars come out of the 3rd and 4th round. Right now Almost all of our stars are 1st and 2nd rounders. We have almost nothing in the 3rd and lower. We do seem to get good 4th round DEs.

  10. #70
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    There are versus here? I thought we were just talking football.

    Viper420 called me out in the Berserker Yell; HEY and I disagree on some things too. How come I don't get any versus? Come on! This is SO UNFAIR!

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •