Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    And of his 63 passing yards only 27 came through the air. The rest was yac. Pathetic doesn't even begin to describe his performance that game. You have to have your head buried deep in denial if you don't believe Ponder's suckage had anything to do with Harvin being disgruntled. Frazier and company deserve some of the blame for not putting Ponder on the bench late in some of these sub 100 yard games.
    Although Percy lead the league in YAC last year, he only averaged a bit over 6 yards in YAC. Not sure were your getting your data from.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Actually the series in question is....

1-10-MIN24 (9:14) C.Ponder scrambles right end to MIN 32 for 8 yards (M.Morgan).
    2-2-MIN32 (8:36) A.Peterson up the middle to SEA 44 for 24 yards (B.Browner, C.McDonald).
    1-10-SEA44 (7:52) A.Peterson up the middle to SEA 29 for 15 yards (E.Thomas).
    1-10-SEA29 (7:11) P.Harvin right end pushed ob at SEA 14 for 15 yards (R.Sherman).
    1-10-SEA14 (6:37) C.Ponder pass short left to T.Gerhart to SEA 11 for 3 yards
    2-7-SEA11 (5:58) (Shotgun) C.Ponder pass incomplete short right to P.Harvin.
    3-7-SEA11 (5:55) (Shotgun) C.Ponder sacked at SEA 18 for -7 yards (B.Wagner).

4-14-SEA18 (5:29) B.Walsh 36 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-C.Loeffler, Holder-C.Kluwe.
    MIN 17 SEA 14, Plays: 8 Yards: 58 Possession: 3:49.

Great plays by the stars of our team and a drive wasted by the guy that stunk it up that day. How can you even talk about the Seattle game with a straight face. Our QB was aweful that day. Dreadful. 22 pass attempts 11 completions for 63 yards and the INT. He looked lost out there and should have been benched. He wasn't spreading it around. He was running around with his head up his ass all game long. He cost us this game. 5 rushes for 23 yards. None designed plays... just tucking and running.
    I wasn't putting the series linked to the tirade, I just put it up to show it happened. Some/most forget Percy was having a hell of a bad day that day. I bet the 2-7 drop you highlight was one he actually had in his hands and he dropped. If it isn't, then it wasn't to much earlier than that.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Sorry went to work my friend.
    But to answer your question, we both know the difference between a 5 yard slant and a bubble screen/ motion into the backfield flare route. Ask your self this, who ran more screens? Percy. What is the net yac on a screen? Everything you get is yac. We both know that Ponder is the master of the 0 yard screen. However, an interesting point would be to check Harvin's YAC on passes that travel 7 yards or more. On those passes I wager he would be much lower down on the list. Which goes with what I am saying. I never contended that Harvin had an issue with screens or the touches he was gettign but instead the quality of passes. If you want to say his screens we high quality passes...ok feather in Ponder's cap. However, when throwing like you know... a Pro Qb, Ponder's passes irated Harvin. Stop villifying the guy... our QB is one of the worst in the league. Deal with it! The FO has!
    You didn't answer my question......

LOS 83% - 75%
    1-10yds 66% - 72%
    11-20yds 50% - 43%
    21-30yds 79% - 34%
    31-40yds 25% - 40%
    41+yds 0% - 0%

Quick question, of the two QB's above, which one do you want to start? 1rst column or the second?
    Perhaps you know the two points I have coming when you answer......

1. Our QB does just as well as the other QB (maybe even better).

2. QB's don't run around throwing it deep like you contend they do in this scheme. Even HOF QB's.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    You didn't answer my question......

Perhaps you know the two points I have coming when you answer......

1. Our QB does just as well as the other QB (maybe even better).
    You do know he ranks 59th in average yards per pass, 34th in yards/game & 23rd in TD's don't you?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Then explain why during the Seattle game (were Ponder was spreading it around) he got pissed?
    AS Harvin said after the game in the article I published numerous times about the tiff with Frazier, there were receivers open that Ponder wasn't seeing or throwing to.

He eluded to the game tape that proved he was right. Meanwhile certain fans tried to claim receivers weren't getting open, when indeed they were.

Then there were the bad throws to. Yep he threw to a lot of different receivers, but it doesn't change the fact that he only completed 50% of his passes & he missed seeing those open receivers. 11 passes completed for 63 yards? C'mon Marty.

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    AS Harvin said after the game in the article I published numerous times about the tiff with Frazier, there were receivers open that Ponder wasn't seeing or throwing to.

He eluded to the game tape that proved he was right. Meanwhile certain fans tried to claim receivers weren't getting open, when indeed they were.

Then there were the bad throws to. Yep he threw to a lot of different receivers, but it doesn't change the fact that he only completed 50% of his passes & he missed seeing those open receivers. 11 passes completed for 63 yards? C'mon Marty.
    You mean the article were the yutz hacks spew forth drivel that was not a direct quote from Percy?

Gimme a break. Next thing we are going to see is Welker complaining that he was open but Peyton went to the other guy. Or better yet, Danny complaining that he was open and Brady went to the TE.

For goodness sake, to sit here and say that guys standing wide open were missed WR's in this scheme is almost kindergarden material.

The scheme dictates that you will have multiple WR's open. Its the QB's job to pick which one will be the best and go to him almost as his first read and like it or not, that will mean, little Diva's (who are a second or third read) that don't get the ball when they feel like they should will get all pissy.

WEST COAST OFFENSE OVERVIEW
    http://www.centuryinter.net/midway/c...tcoast/wco.pdf

Again, in that game, AD was getting just as many balls as Percy, not to mention how many other receivers were also getting targets.

Ole Diva boy was feeling left out and started to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    You do know he ranks 59th in average yards per pass, 34th in yards/game & 23rd in TD's don't you?
    YUP, just like I know how good he is in all those other statistical matchups I've given you over the last few days. Notice no one wants to answer my question?

In the end, he matches up well in the area we need him to do, in this scheme. If we were running something else then I would be worried about his progress.

Right now we are coming off of a 10-6 season were AD didn't do much the first half and young Ponder did OK enough to win games.

Again, 6 of the first 8 he was over 200 yards. One of those that he wasn't was 198. Just good enough.....Just good enough.

Lets see how that improves this year because it will and like the Sully/Birk discussion, you will either forget to join in on those or you will just come up with some sort of excuse why you missed the mark.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    You mean the article were the yutz hacks spew forth drivel that was not a direct quote from Percy?

Gimme a break. Next thing we are going to see is Welker complaining that he was open but Peyton went to the other guy. Or better yet, Danny complaining that he was open and Brady went to the TE.

For goodness sake, to sit here and say that guys standing wide open were missed WR's in this scheme is almost kindergarden material.

The scheme dictates that you will have multiple WR's open. Its the QB's job to pick which one will be the best and go to him almost as his first read and like it or not, that will mean, little Diva's (who are a second or third read) that don't get the ball when they feel like they should will get all pissy.

Again, in that game, AD was getting just as many balls as Percy, not to mention how many other receivers were also getting targets.

Does a receiver ever think he's not open? His view of the world is much different than the view of the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Does a receiver ever think he's not open? His view of the world is much different than the view of the QB.
    LOL. Spot on.

I find it amusing how the read progression works in this scheme along with how many receivers can be open at times, that fans even worry open open receivers. You should see them all over the field if they are running their routes right.

Another thing that is interesting in that most yutz fans and reporters say that a QB running this scheme gets locked onto his first receiver. I was reading some stuff on the scheme last night working on my WR break down and according to Walsh, thats what is supposed to happen.

The QB should know, based on the pre-snap read, who to throw the ball to and he should only go to a second or third or fourth etc read if the first read was wrong or the receiver didn't get open.

I'm gonna call out every yutz that tries to spew forth that drivel this year as I'm making it my official soap box.

Again, it wasn't about Harvin not getting the ball all the time or him wanting it. A fact that you can't seem to get past, it was about Ponder not throwing to other open receivers as well. Do you know what other receivers even means?

In your world you think he wanted Ponder to throw to him 100% of the time & that's BS.

BTW it was the article with the direct quote from Harvin. Not an article you claim wasn't solely because you didn't believe it.

Now if you got a quote from Harvin stating he didn't say that, then by all means share it.
    Last edited by singersp; 05-10-2013 at 02:02 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast