Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by purplejokr View Post
    Just my .02

But, it always bothers me a touch when fans of a football team bash players on their way out of town. Call Harvin what you will but he is an uber talented WR that was posting MVP like numbers until he got hurt and Peterson returned to form. That kind of production isn't easily replaced. Is Harvin a diva? Yes. Almost every WR in the game is a diva though so it isn't that big a deal.

For me, I appreciate Harvin for what he is. A player that hasn't quite come into his own with regard to maturity. And nor should he be mature because he's only 24 and has probably been told since he was 14 that he was the greatest thing ever. He looked great in purple and I am sorry to see him go. I wish him the best in Seattle.
    Unless I feel a player was mistreated by the Vikings, Twins, or whomever, I almost never want him to do well with another team. I do not think George Washington wished Benedict Arnold all the best for his past duties with the Continental Army.

Although I believe he will not, it is my wish that Percy Harvin busts in Seattle. He is now a member of an opposing team, and I certainly do not have loyalty to players that did not show loyalty to the Vikings.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Unless I feel a player was mistreated by the Vikings, Twins, or whomever, I almost never want him to do well with another team. I do not think George Washington wished Benedict Arnold all the best for his past duties with the Continental Army.

Although I believe he will not, it is my wish that Percy Harvin busts in Seattle. He is now a member of an opposing team, and I certainly do not have loyalty to players that did not show loyalty to the Vikings.
    As much as I like Harvin as a player, I kinda wish he fails too. He spit on the Vikings organization and was ungrateful for the great opportunity he was given. That makes me not like him. Also, the Seahawks are arguably the best team in the NFL now and they don't need to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    As much as I like Harvin as a player, I kinda wish he fails too. He spit on the Vikings organization and was ungrateful for the great opportunity he was given. That makes me not like him. Also, the Seahawks are arguably the best team in the NFL now and they don't need to get better.
    I agree.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Great plays by the stars of our team and a drive wasted by the guy that stunk it up that day. How can you even talk about the Seattle game with a straight face. Our QB was aweful that day. Dreadful. 22 pass attempts 11 completions for 63 yards and the INT. He looked lost out there and should have been benched. He wasn't spreading it around. He was running around with his head up his ass all game long. He cost us this game. 5 rushes for 23 yards. None designed plays... just tucking and running.
    And of his 63 passing yards only 27 came through the air. The rest was yac. Pathetic doesn't even begin to describe his performance that game. You have to have your head buried deep in denial if you don't believe Ponder's suckage had anything to do with Harvin being disgruntled. Frazier and company deserve some of the blame for not putting Ponder on the bench late in some of these sub 100 yard games.

Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    And of his 63 passing yards only 27 came through the air. The rest was yac. Pathetic doesn't even begin to describe his performance that game. You have to have your head buried deep in denial if you don't believe Ponder's suckage had anything to do with Harvin being disgruntled. Frazier and company deserve some of the blame for not putting Ponder on the bench late in some of these sub 100 yard games.
    I believe the word you are searching for is "abysmal".

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post

Let one thing happen and he will be yapping like a poodle with a cat in the yard.
    sad but true, as others have mentioned, that alone shows his immauturity..

be happy you got your wish for a trade, and leave the past..in the past!!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post
    sad but true, as others have mentioned, that alone shows his immauturity..

be happy you got your wish for a trade, and leave the past..in the past!!
    What did he do wrong? It was the first time he addressed the reason for his departure from MN and he did it in a subtle way that most people missed. I would like to point out he never publicly created a problem since being "suspended" from the team. Not once did you see him on TV demanding to be traded. The guy has carried himself with class. Come on man!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I've said this before and I will say it again. As a WR it's not about how many times he is thrown to, but it's the quality of throws. I believe that Percy was tired of being thrown to late.... thrown in to coverage..... thrown to where he had no chance to catch and run..... over thrown... under thrown....

Get it? WRs don't just care about the # of touches they get. If you keep getting me lit up because you are are exposing me to the big hit... believe I will have an issue with you.....

So please for the love of god.... stop with the ..... Ponder threw him 62 catches as a defense for why he should be happy with our noodle armed QB....
    +1

Harvin wasn't upset just about the type of passes thrown to himself, but to others as well & also the lack of Ponder not seeing or throwing to others. The latter is what set off his sideline tiff with Childress.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    +1

Harvin wasn't upset just about the type of passes thrown to himself, but to others as well & also the lack of Ponder not seeing or throwing to others. The latter is what set off his sideline tiff with Childress.
    When Childress was here Ponder was a rookie, so if that is what set him off then Harvin was being unrealistic. I am assuming you meant Harvin's sideline tiff with Frazier, not Childress, so that was in Ponder's sophomore season. But it is hard to say, because Harvin has managed to have multiple tiffs with all of his coaches from college up through pros, so I guess you could have been talking about any of them. In fact, in college he choked one of his coaches.

I agree that Ponder's QB play is probably one of the things that set Harvin off, but let's not make Harvin out to be some martyr who was frustrated with his QB and that is it. He had a history of manufacturing conflict.

I think that Harvin's subtle jabs at Ponder were fair, and I think Ponder's subtle jabs back at Harvin were also fair.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    +1

Then explain why during the Seattle game (were Ponder was spreading it around) he got pissed?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast